PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit? I NEED advice. Post your pics!

99BobbyRT
12-19-2008, 05:56 AM
I can't fin a body kit I seem to like. If you have a body kit, post a pic here. I'd really appreciate it, because I can't make my mind up about it.

John Drivesabox
12-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Lower it and put on a roll pan, that's all the body kit you need.

tcuillier
12-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Lower it and put on a roll pan, that's all the body kit you need.

I agree. IMHO, the Stampede and Cervini's kits look great---if you're into the Ricer look!

Tom

99BobbyRT
12-20-2008, 05:13 AM
haha. well played. i need a good drop kit though. thats what im looking for next. any suggestions?

bottlefed360
12-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Hotchkis TVS, PERIOD. It is the only way to go, although they recently discountinued the kit, you may be able to find a used one or an uninstalled one somewhere.

Addicted2Blue00
12-21-2008, 07:35 AM
i'd drop it first, when i was ready to do body mods i couldnt find any kits i liked so i just went with what i liked; cowl hood, cervini grille, stillen bumper and steel rollpan

hskr
12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
No need for a whole kit. Front bumper cover, and if you are into roll pans, get one of those. If anything for the sides, get the RT modes side skirts which clean up the pinch weld, but aren't over the top.

pplhz03rt
12-22-2008, 10:24 PM
No need for a whole kit. Front bumper cover, and if you are into roll pans, get one of those. If anything for the sides, get the RT modes side skirts which clean up the pinch weld, but aren't over the top.

I agree. IMHO, the Stampede and Cervini's kits look great---if you're into the Ricer look!

Tom

Agreed Tom, My black truck had the Stampede kit. I tried to convince my self that I liked it but it just looked dorky. Glad to see it gone. After market front bumpers maybe not quite as crappy, but close.

pplhz03rt
12-23-2008, 12:08 AM

Wasn't trying to include your quote in my reply to Tom, Brian. But in my opinion the front bumper covers don't add cosmetically to the looks of the truck. Side skirts strips that clean up the pinch weld are a nice touch.

hskr
12-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Wasn't trying to include your quote in my reply to Tom, Brian. But in my opinion the front bumper covers don't add cosmetically to the looks of the truck. Side skirts strips that clean up the pinch weld are a nice touch.

No problems, but it's all up to the individual as far as cosmetics. Personally, I like the Stampede kits. The only reason I have my Stillen is because I got it for one hell of a deal that I couldn't pass up. I'm also still considering putting the running boards I had on my '99 on this truck, after they get painted of course. Here's a couple pics of them on my old truck for reference.
http://blackdakrt.com/pics/brian/newlook.jpg
http://blackdakrt.com/pics/brian/showtime.jpg

tcuillier
12-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Agreed Tom, My black truck had the Stampede kit. I tried to convince my self that I liked it but it just looked dorky. Glad to see it gone. After market front bumpers maybe not quite as crappy, but close.
I've only seen your Black R/T once, at the Nationals in Bremerton. I thought it look great. I especially liked the "flame job". The Stampede Kit appears more subtle on black, but I don't like it at all on the lighter colors. IMHO the stock Dakota facia & grill is hard to improve on. I do like a roll pan better than the stock rear bumper however. I haven't seen your yellow R/T yet, except in pics. Hopefully, our NW group can get together this coming spring and/or summer. Merry Christmas, Don.

Tom

pplhz03rt
12-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks Tom, the black R/T had it's upside but for me the Stampede package ended up not being one of them. The TKO-600 that went away with it, now that was hard to part with.

tcuillier
12-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks Tom, the black R/T had it's upside but for me the Stampede package ended up not being one of them. The TKO-600 that went away with it, now that was hard to part with.

I hear you on that. I'd love to have a 5 or 6 speed - down the road, but for now, I'm happy just to have the R/T back and my life! Been a rough year, but it's ending great.

Tom

pplhz03rt
12-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Hope that you get some more pix from this post. I feel like kind of a knuckle head for weighing in with so much negativity when all that you asked for were some pix to help you make a decision.

PeteRT
12-27-2008, 06:16 AM
i think running boards on an r/t look silly. sorta in the same category of double decker wings on a honda.

pete

tcuillier
12-27-2008, 06:40 AM
i think running boards on an r/t look silly. sorta in the same category of double decker wings on a honda.

pete

Wow, couldn't have said it better. Good comparison!

Tom

99BobbyRT
12-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Hope that you get some more pix from this post. I feel like kind of a knuckle head for weighing in with so much negativity when all that you asked for were some pix to help you make a decision.

haha. it's all good. im going to go buy a double decker spoiler for my R/T now!:nana::D

WraithR/T
12-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm at my work comp so here is a link to some pictures of my truck with the Cervinis kit and Stillen cover.

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45321

04STAMPEDE/RC
01-06-2009, 03:46 AM
i like my stampede package on mine but not into the other aftermarket kits like the sniper which look good on paper but horrible IMHO in person!!!

dak0ta_g33k
01-14-2009, 04:23 AM
lower it, body kit looked funny on mine until it was lowered -- used the almighty Hotchkis
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/allannabas/ptruck/stampede/b8340f81.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/allannabas/ptruck/2008/IMG_0063.jpg

42mavs41
01-14-2009, 04:57 PM
heres mine its sniper and lowered 2/4

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4474