PDA

View Full Version : Voltage reads for sensors

emwhiteR/T
12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the voltage read outs that I should see on the sensors? Specifically the TPS, MAP, RPM's, Timing, etc.

Basically if there throttle position is 0, then it should have 0 volts. If it is at WOT, then it should X volts.

I am trying to get my LM2 software figured out on my laptop. The handheld records everything in voltages and then it converts it percentage, RPM, etc depending on the parameter.

Here is a sample of the settings I am trying to "fix":
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/emwhite/Dakota%20RT/Wideband/TPS.jpg

Should a 100% TPS reading be 5 volts? Or what is the correct value as if you were to use read it at the sensor?

Hopefully this all makes sense...lol.

TIA

Nolan
12-17-2008, 11:29 PM
TPS should read .4-.8v at idle and 4.7-5.0v at full throttle.

Nolan

emwhiteR/T
12-17-2008, 11:51 PM
TPS should read .4-.8v at idle and 4.7-5.0v at full throttle.

Nolan

Thanks!

Do you know what the voltages should be for the RPM's, MAP, Timing, etc? Or where can I find it?

My tps says it is at 8% with the key off. So I don't know if it is the PCM or my truck that is wrong.

grapejuice1998
12-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks!

Do you know what the voltages should be for the RPM's, MAP, Timing, etc? Or where can I find it?

My tps says it is at 8% with the key off. So I don't know if it is the PCM or my truck that is wrong.

Have you asked Hemifever Sean?

emwhiteR/T
12-18-2008, 02:50 AM
Have you asked Hemifever Sean?

He was the first that I asked and he has no clue about the LM2. I am not sure if he understood my question about the voltages though...

grapejuice1998
12-18-2008, 02:42 PM
He was the first that I asked and he has no clue about the LM2. I am not sure if he understood my question about the voltages though...

Try the other Sean then. Mtlcafan, or something close to that.

emwhiteR/T
12-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Try the other Sean then. Mtlcafan, or something close to that.

Will do! Thanks!

Aves
12-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Have been wondering that myself on the tps sensor. Rpm, IAT, MAP, and spark advance I use default settings for. But with tps set at 5v. . At WOT I only show 79%.

Troy

emwhiteR/T
12-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Have been wondering that myself on the tps sensor. Rpm, IAT, MAP, and spark advance I use default settings for. But with tps set at 5v. . At WOT I only show 79%.

Troy

Mine is showing 70% at WOT with 5v as the max. The LM2 also reads my truck as a GM ODB II port. I am baffled by that as well...

Aves
12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Mine is showing 70% at WOT with 5v as the max. The LM2 also reads my truck as a GM ODB II port. I am baffled by that as well...

Hmm I honestly never really looked to see which one it shows on mine. Just pick channels and go :doh: .

Troy

emwhiteR/T
12-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Hmm I honestly never really looked to see which one it shows on mine. Just pick channels and go :doh: .

Troy

I went in to the OBD II screen before it was fully connected and I noticed that it changed to "Connected (OBD II type) GM"

I chose my channels and it seemed to work fine to me, so I didn't worry about it. lol

Addicted2Blue00
02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
where do you tap for the timing? ive got my map, tps, rpm and a/f wired but not sure on the timing

emwhiteR/T
02-12-2009, 06:45 PM
where do you tap for the timing? ive got my map, tps, rpm and a/f wired but not sure on the timing

I am not sure where to tap in for timing. I am pulling the readings off the ODB II port.