PDA

View Full Version : Caltrac issue?

BluRT00
12-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I installed my caltracs on my truck a good 10 months ago. When loaded up at drag strip they work awesome. I hook up no issues at all with the truck. Now when am on the street un loaded it gets weird. My truck I can get into the gas, not flooring it, just getting to half throttle fast it seems to torque up. Once I let off I feel like the truck is twisting off the right rear. Now the rear end is 100% sound, seeing I was just inside it. This all happened after I installed the caltracs 10 months ago. Its not dangerous to drive, just weird feeling if you don't know the truck. Could the metal slugs be binding up in the front eyes of the spring? I have been under the truck can't find anything bent. Or is this a typical caltrac trait? Any info would be great. Dan

Hugh Jassole
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a similar sensation with mine, it seems to be amplified slightly by the locker too. How loose are you running them on the street ?

BluRT00
12-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I run them all the way unloaded. I can stick my index finger inbetween them and the spring, and have maybe a 8th on top of that of clearance. Ok well atleast I know someone else having the same sensation. It freaks new passengers out when I floor it, and let out shortly after lol. Dan

Adobedude
12-05-2008, 11:21 PM
I have a similar sensation with mine, it seems to be amplified slightly by the locker too. How loose are you running them on the street ?

Same sensasion here...I attibuted it to the locker, never thought the Caltracs would cause it.

03DakStampede
12-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Interesting to know as i will be installing caltracs on my truck early next year