PDA

View Full Version : guy in a vette gives me the thumbs up

slvr03dakrt
12-01-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm cruising into town to do a little shopping and hang out with a couple of buddies but on the way there I run across a c5 vette around a 2002 model with the ls1 motor. We are pretty much side by side but then we catch a light. I didn't think much about it but I see him look over and give me the look. I know its going to be a pretty close race with no bottle and on street tires. I faired alot better than expected. He left the light first and I was right behind him but when I hammered down doing 20mph it instantly lit the rear tires up all the way through second. He was about half a car in front and when i caught traction in second I pulled even then we both let out and he noods and gave me a thumbs up I nodded back. I think it was completely stock b/c he had no exhaust or any visual upgrades that i could tell. I'm sure he got a good earfull of the 408 being pretty much next to him with the motor taching at 6k rpms.

bad360rt
12-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Nice run, sounds right for a stock C5. :biggthumpup:

PeteRT
12-01-2008, 04:15 AM
gotta love a good sport.
pete

BluRT00
12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Atleast the guy in the Vette drove it like it should be driven. Ones down here, are grey haired, and do 10 under the speed limit. Makes me cry when I see a ZO6 rolling like its a lincoln town car. Also nice job. :drive:

Trueblue R/T
12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Atleast the guy in the Vette drove it like it should be driven. Ones down here, are grey haired, and do 10 under the speed limit. Makes me cry when I see a ZO6 rolling like its a lincoln town car. Also nice job. :drive:

carefull about them greyhaired comments..lol:jester:

BluRT00
12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
carefull about them greyhaired comments..lol:jester:

I knew I was gonna catch hell for that lol. Oh well I can dish it out I am balding. :jester:

Hugh Jassole
12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I knew I was gonna catch hell for that lol. Oh well I can dish it out I am balding. :jester:

Just shave your head, gray hair is no longer an issue then :biggthumpup:

BluRT00
12-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Just shave your head, gray hair is no longer an issue then :biggthumpup:

Oh I don't have grey hair, I will never see grey hair. It will all be gone by than lol. Hmmm weight reducing, and more areodynamic. Hell ya my R/T will be fast than. :rockwoot:

99strokedr/t
12-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm cruising into town to do a little shopping and hang out with a couple of buddies but on the way there I run across a c5 vette around a 2002 model with the ls1 motor. We are pretty much side by side but then we catch a light. I didn't think much about it but I see him look over and give me the look. I know its going to be a pretty close race with no bottle and on street tires. I faired alot better than expected. He left the light first and I was right behind him but when I hammered down doing 20mph it instantly lit the rear tires up all the way through second. He was about half a car in front and when i caught traction in second I pulled even then we both let out and he noods and gave me a thumbs up I nodded back. I think it was completely stock b/c he had no exhaust or any visual upgrades that i could tell. I'm sure he got a good earfull of the 408 being pretty much next to him with the motor taching at 6k rpms.

lmao, I had almost the exact same story happen to me about 6 months after buying my truck. These two older guys in a beautiful black C5 Z06 pulled up next to me at a stop light and we were both in the very front. We went to about 30 and hit it, he jumped a little over a half car on me and when we shut down at about 70, I had about a half car on him. They then proceeded to roll down their window, give me a thumbs up and turned off. I think that was the first true test of my truck when I had it, and it was a blast!

Just thought that I would share my story too...:biggthumpup:

Hugh Jassole
12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh I don't have grey hair, I will never see grey hair. It will all be gone by than lol. Hmmm weight reducing, and more areodynamic. Hell ya my R/T will be fast than. :rockwoot:
you're not supposed to drive with your head out the window though :burnout:

BluRT00
12-03-2008, 01:22 PM
you're not supposed to drive with your head out the window though :burnout:

Damn you spoiled my fun! :jester:

Hugh Jassole
12-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Damn you spoiled my fun! :jester:

if you want the bugs in your teeth, who am I to wreck it for you :goodluck:

BluRT00
12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
if you want the bugs in your teeth, who am I to wreck it for you :goodluck:

Extra crunchy is how I like it lol.

408dakota
12-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Do your 408 sound nasty.. I have a cam that sounds like i have 600hp and no one ever wants to play. It is only a 240 duration but is sounds mean. Only a guy in a stock mustang has ever given me the nod. i did not even get on it. I figued it wasnt worth a ticket.

slvr03dakrt
12-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Do your 408 sound nasty.. I have a cam that sounds like i have 600hp and no one ever wants to play. It is only a 240 duration but is sounds mean. Only a guy in a stock mustang has ever given me the nod. i did not even get on it. I figued it wasnt worth a ticket.

well it sounded more mean when I had mopar performance lifters in it. I have since swapped to a set of danno's semi solid lifters and they killed 75% of the lope :bs: but it makes it more of a sleeper. Prob this spring I'm going for a set of full ported heads and a 240 ish cam with around .585 lift. I'm looking to put down 385-400 rwhp and still be streetable. Right now I'm at 345rwhp without the spray with a torque curve and hp curve thats almost flat so it has good drivability.

408dakota
12-09-2008, 03:49 AM
I would like to think I have between 400 & 450 rwhp but I dont think this set up will get those numbers. I hope to find out soon as I get a chance. What cam comb are you running now?