PDA

View Full Version : Caravan from Indy

BlueCCRT
02-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Bill what day do you plan on leaving on. The day of the SNS or the day before. I am trying to decide what days to get the hotel room for.

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Bill what day do you plan on leaving on. The day of the SNS or the day before. I am trying to decide what days to get the hotel room for.

I don't know about Bill, but I'm getting there the day before. :woot:

BlueCCRT
02-11-2008, 02:59 AM
I don't know about Bill, but I'm getting there the day before. :woot:

I kinda figured that would be the plan but I wanted to make sure.

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 03:09 AM
It's easier for most. Clean truck night before, instead of getting there and rushing to clean it. Me, I got no reason to be there early! LOL

BlueCCRT
02-11-2008, 03:50 AM
It's easier for most. Clean truck night before, instead of getting there and rushing to clean it. Me, I got no reason to be there early! LOL

I don't try that hard for the SNS. Normally I just run it thru the car wash. LOL

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 03:58 AM
I don't try that hard for the SNS. Normally I just run it thru the car wash. LOL

I'll beat the black offaya! :nono:

scatpackdal
02-11-2008, 04:53 AM

clean the truck, F that. i go to the SNS with bugs still plastered and brake dust covered wheels. it's too much work. i clean it before i leave and i certainly don't wanna clean it once i'm there.

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 04:55 AM
clean the truck, F that. i go to the SNS with bugs still plastered and brake dust covered wheels. it's too much work. i clean it before i leave and i certainly don't wanna clean it once i'm there.

And didn't you just say something to me about not having a chance to win anything?! :jester:

BlueCCRT
02-11-2008, 05:11 AM
And didn't you just say something to me about not having a chance to win anything?! :jester:

Ahh who wants to win SNS. :jester:

Typer00_0371
02-11-2008, 05:47 AM

cuz u be keepin it real fo sho... lol:woot:

scatpackdal
02-11-2008, 05:49 AM
cuz u be keepin it real fo sho... lol:woot:

word. i keep it real... real lazy.

and jason, this is why i don't win anything. i don't care.

Twisted R/T
02-11-2008, 11:30 AM

I'd like to go up a day early, but other than knowing i'm going... I haven't made any plans yet. I would like to get there early evening the nite B4 the SNS, drink some beer, and clean my truck etc...

Twisted R/T
02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Meeting @ Cracker Barrel Restraunt off I-69 on Aug 12th, at 10:30am(EST),eat some grub(optional) leave out at 12pm(EST) The host hotel is roughly 5 hrs. from the Cracker Barrel.
Anyone wanting to, is more than welcome to meet up here.
This plan is based on the map google set for me. If anyone has a better route, or suggestions feel free to discuss.
Cracker Barrel
9700 North By Northeast Blvd.
Fishers Indiana 46038
Bill

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Do you have an address for that Cracker Barrel?

Twisted R/T
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Yep I spaced putting it in my post. I'll edit/add it to my previous post.

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 06:06 PM
That works. It's about the halfway point for us. 4.5 hours to get there. If we leave at 5am, 6am your time, puts us there right at 10:30am EST. :biggthumpup:

Then what, just shoot north on I-69? I believe that's the way we went last year. We made it from St.Louis to Rob's doorstep in just over 8 hours, in the BOX! :woot:

Twisted R/T
02-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah. Takes ya a few miles farther north, but you bypass city driving that way.

Twisted R/T
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
BTW, 8hrs is waaaaay to long to be in the box. I don't care how nice it is :jester:

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
:jester:

I knew something was wrong when the box easily fit me, Jamie, and my brother! LMFAO

Typer00_0371
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
That works. It's about the halfway point for us. 4.5 hours to get there. If we leave at 5am, 6am your time, puts us there right at 10:30am EST. :biggthumpup:

Then what, just shoot north on I-69? I believe that's the way we went last year. We made it from St.Louis to Rob's doorstep in just over 8 hours, in the BOX! :woot:

OOH... dibs on the spare bedroom night before... better make sure to hose off yo' boxes tho'.. :jester:

Typer00_0371
02-11-2008, 11:00 PM
word. i keep it real... real lazy.

and jason, this is why i don't win anything. i don't care.

what's your anti-poser?:nana:

LITNGETR
02-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Meeting @ Cracker Barrel Restraunt off I-69 on Aug 12th, at 10:30am(EST),eat some grub(optional) leave out at 12pm(EST) The host hotel is roughly 5 hrs. from the Cracker Barrel.
Anyone wanting to, is more than welcome to meet up here.
This plan is based on the map google set for me. If anyone has a better route, or suggestions feel free to discuss.
Cracker Barrel
9700 North By Northeast Blvd.
Fishers Indiana 46038
Bill
You know the exit no.

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Take exit #3/96TH ST onto E 96TH ST - go 0.9 mi <---off of I69 N
Turn LEFT on KINCAID DR - go 0.3 mi
Turn LEFT on NORTH BY NORTHEAST BLVD - go 0.4 mi
Arrive at 9700 N BY NORTHEAST BLVD, FISHERS, on the RIGHT

This I got from Yahoo Maps.

hskr
02-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Lets see if you guy can match the 1st Nats caravan size out of Indy. I think we had somewhere between 50-60 trucks in the caravan leaving Indy and up to Detroit. We had to split up into two groups and we still pissed a lot of people off when merging and stuff as we blocked lanes to let everybody get in and out.

BTLFED R/T
02-11-2008, 11:54 PM
That would be awesome, but it would be cool just to get that many to show up at the meet! Let's go people!!!

hskr
02-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Yeah, Indy was the central meeting point for all of the caravans coming from the west coast and southern US. The only groups that didn't meet up there were the north east guys and of course the ones closer to Detroit.

BTLFED R/T
02-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I'm going to make a thread in the Nationals section to get something going. Hopefully, we can get at least 20! Even that's cool. :D

scatpackdal
02-12-2008, 02:01 AM
hell if there's gonna be a lot of you guys coming from indy, i'd even drive outta my way to caravan. jason can be the pace car.... in his viper!

Typer00_0371
02-12-2008, 04:09 AM
hell if there's gonna be a lot of you guys coming from indy, i'd even drive outta my way to caravan. jason can be the pace car.... in his viper!

ninja he aint gettin no viper.. you gotta be "this high" to ride :jester:

and as long as amy isn't driving then errybody can keep up.. :P

BTLFED R/T
02-12-2008, 04:22 AM

You fag! I didn't want everyone to know!! :nono:

BTLFED R/T
02-12-2008, 04:23 AM

Oh no, it'll be fine! I don't have to step up to get in just fall! :jester:

BlueCCRT
02-12-2008, 10:34 AM

Yeah that is the truth. How you guys kept up with that trailer on the way to Atlanta was amazing.

BTLFED R/T
02-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah that is the truth. How you guys kept up with that trailer on the way to Atlanta was amazing.

Shit, at one point, 80mph, he passed me! :jester:

Twisted R/T
02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Me and Jesse averaged over 90mph on I64 from Evansville to St. Louis, couple of times we were at 110+. The on the way home I caravaned with Tommy Barnett, at times I was doing 110mph. Getting there is always half the fun.:drive:

BlueCCRT
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Me and Jesse averaged over 90mph on I64 from Evansville to St. Louis, couple of times we were at 110+. The on the way home I caravaned with Tommy Barnett, at times I was doing 110mph. Getting there is always half the fun.:drive:

Getting there is defiantly half the fun. :biggthumpup:

BTLFED R/T
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM
For the guys coming through St.Louis on the way to Michigan, I started another thread about a caravan stop here in St.Louis. :biggthumpup:

blk00rt
02-13-2008, 01:16 AM

aint that the truth, My Pt was burried and you guys were pulling away from me like I was standing still
Dunn

Twisted R/T
02-13-2008, 12:15 PM
aint that the truth, My Pt was burried and you guys were pulling away from me like I was standing still
Dunn

The "cruiser" held its own though. That was a fun drive home, time flew by.

BlueCCRT
02-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Bill are you staying Sat and going to Woodward?

Twisted R/T
02-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Bill are you staying Sat and going to Woodward?

Yep, I plan to get there tuesday early evening, leaving out sunday late morning/early afternoon.

BlueCCRT
02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
I figured that was your plan.

Fltlander
02-17-2008, 04:59 AM
I'll be meeting up with you guys at Indy...Sounds to FUN to pass up...Kinda out of my way...At least I won't have to get close to Chicago.

Fltlander
07-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Is this still in the works? Has it changed to the 11th for Viper Plant Tour on the 12th? Getting close...making plans which way to go...either go this route or meet up with the guys that live up by Chi Town and run up that way...no big difference in mileage only tolls.
Also which Hotel is everybody booked at and what dates? Haven't called yet...probably too late for a room...never know thou...if not wheres the closest camp grounds (with showers) to where we're going to meet?

Twisted R/T
07-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Is this still in the works? Has it changed to the 11th for Viper Plant Tour on the 12th? Getting close...making plans which way to go...either go this route or meet up with the guys that live up by Chi Town and run up that way...no big difference in mileage only tolls.
Also which Hotel is everybody booked at and what dates? Haven't called yet...probably too late for a room...never know thou...if not wheres the closest camp grounds (with showers) to where we're going to meet?

This plan is still go. If it conficts with the Viper Plant Tour... I personally will opt to misss the tour. Adding another night on the hotel bill is not an option in lue of gas prices.
Are you going alone? Three of us have a double room @ the host hotel, and may be open to adding another to defer cost.

Fltlander
08-06-2008, 03:16 PM
This plan is still go. If it conficts with the Viper Plant Tour... I personally will opt to misss the tour. Adding another night on the hotel bill is not an option in lue of gas prices.
Are you going alone? Three of us have a double room @ the host hotel, and may be open to adding another to defer cost.
It will be me and my son (16). Ok also since everything has been moved to the 13th are we still meeting up on the 12th?

Twisted R/T
08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
It will be me and my son (16). Ok also since everything has been moved to the 13th are we still meeting up on the 12th?

Stand by I'll have some solid answers tonite. I was going to bail on the nAts but have had a late change of heart. But am still unsure. Will know for sure tonite.
Sorry for the confusion.
Bill

Fltlander
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
No problem. Just didn't know since things (NATS) changed after I asked my last question. I'll check when I get home.
I know what you're going thru...I also have lost a 50k job and am making less than half...still trying to scrounge up enough to go...might not eat the best there but at least have fun and check out all the guys rides and druel over all your guy's mods and FAST trucks. Plus I promised my son we'd go since the announcement of the NATS way back when.
And if there's room and if anybody can stand an old smelly guy like me....I would really appreciate sharing a room.It'll be me and my son he's 16...good time for him to learn how to party....:D

Twisted R/T
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
No problem. Just didn't know since things (NATS) changed after I asked my last question. I'll check when I get home.
I know what you're going thru...I also have lost a 50k job and am making less than half...still trying to scrounge up enough to go...might not eat the best there but at least have fun and check out all the guys rides and druel over all your guy's mods and FAST trucks. Plus I promised my son we'd go since the announcement of the NATS way back when.
And if there's room and if anybody can stand an old smelly guy like me....I would really appreciate sharing a room.It'll be me and my son he's 16...good time for him to learn how to party....:D

If me and my buddy go, i'm sure we can squeeze you in with us. The more the cheaper.

moore_716
08-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I think you need to go Bill:D:biggthumpup::woot:

Twisted R/T
08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Its a no go. Sorry!!!

Rigeldust
08-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I wish I could hook up with you guys. But Im leaving thursday night. Ill be going thru your area mid day Friday. I hope.

We need to clean our truck???? Oh dam.

Someone tell one, or wait all, of the cannoks to bring down some GOOD beer. :rockwoot:

PeteRT
08-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Someone tell one, or wait all, of the cannoks to bring down some GOOD beer. :rockwoot:

... if you want "good" beer... feel free to bring that crap. if you want "excellent" beer... leave that shit at home!

pete

Rigeldust
08-06-2008, 11:18 PM
... if you want "good" beer... feel free to bring that crap. if you want "excellent" beer... leave that shit at home!

pete

I would to know what you think "excellent" beer is. Im not trying to jump on you. Just a question. If I don't like your answer Ill keep it to myself.