PDA

View Full Version : body kit

mopar r/t
11-16-2008, 03:52 PM
i bought a wings west body kit 2 years ago with my christmas bonus and still have yet to get it on and im planning on putting it on here soon. I dont know how im going to do it yet anyone have any helpful info on this? Ive never done any body work like this but id rather paint it and put it on myself. Just need a little direction on keeping the thing held on.

torquejunky59
11-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Putting it on should be fairly simple. Painting it, on the other hand, is a whole different story. I would recommend not attempting this unless you have body work experience and the resources to do so. Painting is quite an art and unless you know what you're doing, you should find a local body shop that will pull your paint code, prime it, paint it, and clear it. I'm sure they would be more than happy to do so. You could probably even take it to them and ask what they charge to paint and mount the kit for you. I paint in a body shop and its all personal preference, but remember you get what is what you pay for. If you dont have the money and want to do it yourself I completely understand but you will not be happy with the results. No offense, just trying to help.

TurboBlew
11-16-2008, 09:29 PM
i bought a wings west body kit 2 years ago with my christmas bonus and still have yet to get it on and im planning on putting it on here soon. I dont know how im going to do it yet anyone have any helpful info on this? Ive never done any body work like this but id rather paint it and put it on myself. Just need a little direction on keeping the thing held on.

Is it just lower valances? Its best to get the parts mocked up and installed before you paint them.

mopar r/t
11-16-2008, 09:59 PM
thanks the thing is my whole truck needs repainting anyway and ive done painting just not vechile i paint drink machines which is different i know but i got my hands on a good paint gun and place to paint it. I just wanna get it on asap and when i get the money and get my new hood and hard shell im gonna repaint the whole truck with a good paint and body shop. My main thing is what do people use to mount it with? someone told me to pop rivet is that gonna be the best way you think? and its the whoole body kit frong bumper roll pan and side skirts. thanks for the info