PDA

View Full Version : Tires issues

slvr03dakrt
11-15-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm going to try a need tire combo for the track next year but I'm going to have to run a 16in or larger wheel on the rear to clear the brakes. I'm looking for a dot approved tire so I can run in the dot street class but I'm looking for max traction. I also want to get rid of the heavy r/t rims that I'm running now. Does anyone have any suggestions.

BluRT00
11-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm going to try a need tire combo for the track next year but I'm going to have to run a 16in or larger wheel on the rear to clear the brakes. I'm looking for a dot approved tire so I can run in the dot street class but I'm looking for max traction. I also want to get rid of the heavy r/t rims that I'm running now. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Grab some 16 inch Durango rims, they look like the rims on the back of mine. As for tires not sure man. These rims are alot lighter than the R/T rims thats for sure. Dan

bad360rt
11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
If you have the money, you can get 16" Bogarts. Do some searching for Hoosier, M/T and other brands, I'm pretty sure they make 16" sizes. :biggthumpup:

slvr03dakrt
11-15-2008, 07:33 PM
how much the bogarts going to run me for say a set of 16x10or 11.