PDA

View Full Version : FAQ on common performance questions

slammedR/T
03-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Here is a link regarding the most common newb questions for these trucks, thank you.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?28073-The-FlyinRyan-SCT-Frequently-Asked-Questions-thread

robroy82
03-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Lets see if I got out of newb status.....

robroy82
03-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Guess not! =)
Please note that my canned tune is not compatible with any of the commercially available intake manifolds (M1 2bbl/M1 4bbl/Hughes Airgap)

Now A few years back I made the mistake and went with Marty for my tune. Ryan saw my tune and decided to help me out(lower rate) with a single 93 tune. My truck ran better with his tune for sure.

I'm just now seeing this statement on that link you posted. (thank you veteran)

I have a m1-2bbl.
So with that said should I be worried? I have ran this tune for 2 years now? Seems fine to me but I have no comparison. :jester:

slammedR/T
03-03-2020, 11:54 AM
Guess not! =)
Please note that my canned tune is not compatible with any of the commercially available intake manifolds (M1 2bbl/M1 4bbl/Hughes Airgap)

Now A few years back I made the mistake and went with Marty for my tune. Ryan saw my tune and decided to help me out(lower rate) with a single 93 tune. My truck ran better with his tune for sure.

I'm just now seeing this statement on that link you posted. (thank you veteran)

I have a m1-2bbl.
So with that said should I be worried? I have ran this tune for 2 years now? Seems fine to me but I have no comparison. :jester:

You just won't get the highest peak performance from the M1, it will run fine and I wouldn't worry about it.

Now back to your newb dungeon with you!!! :jester: