PDA

View Full Version : Scan tools

G-Man
11-07-2008, 02:43 AM
I'm looking to upgrade from my OBD2 code reader to something that I can get Live data stream from my r/t, and other cars, I have been looking on ebay and there are a bunch of them, some real cheap, the only 2 I have any experience with are the Chrysler DRB and the snap on, both are pretty expensive.
Do you guys have any feedback? are the cheap ones any good? If I can get the snap on for $300 or so, should I go that route? I'm pretty sure you "master mechanics" have these tools, Help.
Gwyn

krusty_R/T
11-07-2008, 12:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220282104627&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

All you need is a laptop. Then get SCT

emwhiteR/T
11-07-2008, 01:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220282104627&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Is this better then having a wideband? Or would it be wise to get a wideband in addition to this?

krusty_R/T
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Is this better then having a wideband? Or would it be wise to get a wideband in addition to this?
You need a wideband as well, and you can log that with this software. I believe there is also a package that includes the wideband sensor as well.

G-Man
11-07-2008, 05:40 PM

Hey Looks cool, Krusty do you have one of these?

krusty_R/T
11-07-2008, 05:58 PM
No, but if I ever have the urge to get my truck running again, I will.

bobs rt
11-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I have the OT-1 and personally dont care for it. I have had many issues with it, most of which seem to be software issues. If you get on innovates forums you will see that it isn't just me. There's tons of people having problems with them. Even when mine decides to work it doesn't always like to stay connected to the pcm and sometimes it doesn't wanna connect to my laptop. Then when all that works it'll decided to quit logging my LC-1 which daisychains through their MTS network setup. Overall i dont reccommend it to anyone.

G-Man
11-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I have the OT-1 and personally dont care for it. I have had many issues with it, most of which seem to be software issues. If you get on innovates forums you will see that it isn't just me. There's tons of people having problems with them. Even when mine decides to work it doesn't always like to stay connected to the pcm and sometimes it doesn't wanna connect to my laptop. Then when all that works it'll decided to quit logging my LC-1 which daisychains through their MTS network setup. Overall i dont reccommend it to anyone.

Thanks, I am not looking so much for a data logger, more like a Diagnostic tool, and logging 16 channels at a time, I don't think that's enough channels to cover all the data coming from the ECU, I want a tool that gives me real time data stream, just for general tuning and troubleshooting.