PDA

View Full Version : V6 to 5.9 wiring question

Jordanmartinchr
04-23-2018, 11:04 PM
I was informed that when swapping out my v6 for the 5.9 that I would need to wire in 2 extra o2 sensors on top of the one that is stock on the v6.
My big questions is....can I fool the pcm by taking the signal wire for the o2 sensors and jumping it to the other signal pins on the pcm?

SynRG
04-24-2018, 12:50 AM
I did a 3.9 to 5.9 swap.

Easier to find a complete engine harness than to fiddle around with finding 2 injectors.

What year is your truck?

Jordanmartinchr
04-24-2018, 01:37 PM
I did a 3.9 to 5.9 swap.

Easier to find a complete engine harness than to fiddle around with finding 2 injectors.

What year is your truck?

Its a 1998 dakota sport 2wd auto.
I've already wired the two injectors to the harness, I have all the wiring diagrams just don't know if a jumper would be okay for the computer to run.

Jordanmartinchr
04-26-2018, 02:22 AM
I've already wired the two injectors to the harness, I have all the wiring diagrams just don't know if a jumper would be okay for the computer to run.

I meant: Would a jumper for the o2 sensors work okay with pcm. I already have the injectors wired to the connector for the pcm and the correct pinout.

Jordanmartinchr
04-26-2018, 03:29 AM

I meant: Would a jumper for the o2 sensors work okay with pcm. I already have the injectors wired to the connector for the pcm and the correct pinout.