PDA

View Full Version : Any reputable engine builders in the chicagoland area

dave langland
11-02-2016, 01:43 AM
I suppose I'll start by saying I've been a member for a while but never really posted. I've met a few guys and went to a couple meets. I still have the same rt with some bolt ons and a paxton novi2000. I purchased the supercharger when PIE seemed to be getting poupular on this site so I had him write the tune for boost. Long story short it lasted one summer before the motor literally blew apart. I then bought a used motor and got everything back running. All was fine for about another summer then the truck seemed to go down on power and started to puke oil. The truck sat in storage for about two years until I bought a house and still to this day it just sits in the garage. After doing some reading it doesn't seem like PIE is the guy people go to for engine work or tuning anymore. I don't care that my truck blew up years ago, I just bolted on parts and hammered down, it was bound to happen. Now i would like to get the truck back up and running so my question is who is a reputable engine builder, I still have and will be using the novi2000. Also since I already have had tuning done by PIE should i just stick with him? Any advise would be helpful.

slammedR/T
11-02-2016, 02:28 AM
I don't know any good engine builders in Chicago but I do know go to Ryan Hogan flyinryan performance for your tuning, he is a vendor here and has a very good reputation.

dakrt23
11-02-2016, 04:19 AM
Ryan recommended me to Keith Newcomer at Newcomer racing in NC and he absolutely nailed my forged motor build its flawless