PDA

View Full Version : Wax off

BlackDak59
10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
I clay barred and waxed my truck last weekend and I got some wax on the plastic pieces like the door handle and the wiper cowl. What can I use to get the wax off. I heard seat belt cleaner is good to use.

01dakotaR/T
10-27-2008, 02:14 PM
try some mothers back to black. you can pick it up at any auto store.

GoFastGray
10-27-2008, 02:33 PM
I always use One Grand ERV Dressing prior to clay baring/ glazing/ waxing.
Makes it simple to clean up afterwards. After first wash, the wax comes right off the handles and rubber surface.

To get it off...i'm not sure :jester: sorry. I would try a little wd-40. Let it soak in for a minute, then use a cotton towel to try to lightly scrub off wax.

rt_1of93
10-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Use cheeze cloth on that plastic, not paint. the fibers or threads seem to get into the crevases nicely to get the wax out. It is not an easy job, but it works for me.

Rick Adams
10-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I clay barred and waxed my truck last weekend and I got some wax on the plastic pieces like the door handle and the wiper cowl. What can I use to get the wax off. I heard seat belt cleaner is good to use.

Should clean up with Fantastic & a scrub brush ( toothbrush ) then Mothers "back to black" will have it looking new...

chadrt99fr
10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
hey i found a cheap way is by using vinegar and warm water. just use a navy brush and it should clean right up:drive: