PDA

View Full Version : DFW Dakota Meet Nov. 15th (depends on weather) Hooters Denton, TX

User
10-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Place: Hooters Denton, TX
Date: Nov. 22nd (can be changed to meet peoples options)
Time: 3pm - 8pm

Denton, TX 76205

Phone: 940 442 6049

The manager Rick Proffit has agreed to "spoil" us, i told him i had a guess of maybe 20-30 Trucks showing up, and maybe 30-40 people. I told him i would call him back in a couple of weeks and give him a head count. He is a friend of my Dads use to go to High School together.

Im going to make a flyer in photoshop with everyone's banners from each site and the Info on the meet. So we need to make up our mind on the date.

He said he will print out flyers at kinkos to help bring in more business for the meet, and maybe have a few other clubs join us.

If anyone knows of any other sites to post this on do it! I want this meet to be HUGE!

if you do post it on another site, give me a link to the site so i can use the banner in the flyer im going to make and send to him.

So get the word out guys! Keep me updated on the headcount and sites, so i can give Rick a call back and let him know how many to expect!

If anyone has any problems with the date or time, let me know so we can work with it and try to fit it for everyone to make it.

Thanks! if you have any more questions post here or call me 682-553-9096

Chris Henderson
DFWDakotas.com
682-553-9096
chrish2007@verizon.net

Everyone is welcome!

42mavs41
10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
im gonna make it out there for the first time, and ill try and find some other r/ts that hide out in my town and try to get them to go.

User
10-26-2008, 09:57 PM
im gonna make it out there for the first time, and ill try and find some other r/ts that hide out in my town and try to get them to go.

Doesn't have to be just Mopars, i invited TexasTruckScene.com also. They are mostly Bowtie Freaks and some Ford Guys, i just want a bunch of nice trucks, beer and women!

42mavs41
10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
with that said i know several other guys with nice trucks so ill try and talk them into going.

emwhiteR/T
10-26-2008, 10:54 PM
with that said i know several other guys with nice trucks so ill try and talk them into going.

Awesome, the more the merrier!

Maybe grapejuice will make it out there too!:nana:

User
10-28-2008, 06:27 AM

can you get an estimate on how many you can get to come? I have to get a number for the manager by next week.

42mavs41
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
yeah ill let you know

User
11-03-2008, 06:35 PM
So do we have a headcount from this site? I need to know by tomorrow morning how many you think may be coming. i have to send the manager a flyer and a estimated headcount.

42mavs41
11-03-2008, 07:53 PM
So do we have a headcount from this site? I need to know by tomorrow morning how many you think may be coming. i have to send the manager a flyer and a estimated headcount.

as of right now i have three people including myself as one of those three people

grapejuice1998
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
as of right now i have three people including myself as one of those three people

I don't want to say I'll be there and then not show up, but you never know.

emwhiteR/T
11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't want to say I'll be there and then not show up, but you never know.

Ain't that the truth! :nana:

User
11-05-2008, 06:08 AM
I talked to Rick (the manager) today before i went to work. Sent him the flyer via email, so he could have it copied at Kinko's or something.

This is the cool part, there is ALSO suppost to be a badass car show that day also, with a bunch of Lambos, vettes and some other nice cars... so we will have the parking lot full of nice ass cars and trucks. Should be badass!

I also talked to him about the food, since i know him personally he said he would take care of my food, but couldn't afford to give everyone dinner. So i told him to give me a price check on 200-300wings and i would buy everyone a round of wings, and if you wanted anything else like beer you would have to pay for it.

But we will also have a designated area to eat/sit in the restaurant, if you have ever been there they have a garage area usually closed on normal days, he said he would sit us in there and open it up. So we can eat with each other and shoot the shit.

other then that i told him the Date, Time, and told him that about 20 people for sure are coming and about 10 people are a maybe, i told him as the weeks progress we might have more. Im guessing close to 30-40 actual people, and about 20-30 trucks...

thats my guess, but i may be way off. He said it sounds good, and he wants to thank us for choosing his Hooters...

O and on the website, it shows that the Calendar Hooter Girls will be at that hooters from 12am-1pm if anyone wants to show up early and see the Babes on the calendars and get a woody...

if anyone has any questions about anything let me know.

User
11-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Ok im going to try to show up at 2:30 and get everything setup.

Im going to order the wings at about dinner time around 4-5pm, First Come First Serve. This will give me time to see how many people show up and if i need to buy 200 or 300 wings.

If you want beer or anything else you will have to order it.

Hope to see everyone there. As far as the Track Afterwords, ive been watching the news and not sure if its going to be raining or not.. guess we will find out.

grapejuice1998
11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Ok im going to try to show up at 2:30 and get everything setup.

Im going to order the wings at about dinner time around 4-5pm, First Come First Serve. This will give me time to see how many people show up and if i need to buy 200 or 300 wings.

If you want beer or anything else you will have to order it.

Hope to see everyone there. As far as the Track Afterwords, ive been watching the news and not sure if its going to be raining or not.. guess we will find out.

So how did it go?

twisted_dak
11-24-2008, 06:54 PM
it was cool wished more trucks showed up thow..

got_torque
11-25-2008, 02:24 AM
I would have came if it wasn't for work, and my dad's birthday on the same day. I'll be at the next meet, as long as I don't have to work.

grapejuice1998
11-25-2008, 02:22 PM
I had 2 major things keeping me from being there.

#1, waiting for the pool table to be repaired/finished. The knucklehead finally called and showed up at 3:PM.

#2, I had allergies that were KICKIN MY ASS! Even with a Claritin in me, my nose ran all day and my sinuses were stopped up to the max.

That sucked!

I think it's cool that User went to all the trouble for us though. Props to him! :biggthumpup:

User
11-28-2008, 05:40 AM
I had 2 major things keeping me from being there.

#1, waiting for the pool table to be repaired/finished. The knucklehead finally called and showed up at 3:PM.

#2, I had allergies that were KICKIN MY ASS! Even with a Claritin in me, my nose ran all day and my sinuses were stopped up to the max.

That sucked!

I think it's cool that User went to all the trouble for us though. Props to him! :biggthumpup:

out of the list of people that i had put together... about 1/3 of them showed up. Very disappointed!

I only ordered 100wings and that fed everyone.

Thank you for giving me props, but one thing that i cant stand is if somone says "ill be there" and then do not show up it really gets under my skin. I had 3 people call me and back out 1 hour before the meet, and about 10 other people that said they where going to make it didn't, and all of the maybes didn't come at all.

It was a nice day to. Not to bad outside, the hooter girls where very nice, and some of us got pics with the hooter girls on our trucks. Some of the pics will be posted on a calendar they make.

I called the track at like 4:20pm they said they where closing at 7:30 or 8pm so i said ill order the wings, get everyone fed and then head up to the dragway, we get there at about 6pm i think maybe 6:15pm and they are closing down, they said it was to cold and not enough people at the track to keep it open. I told him we had about 6 or 7 paying people that want to run and he still said no. After he told me they where going to close at 7:30 and we get there and they are closing.. i was really pissed off to.

The meet, turned out "o.k", not what i expected...