PDA

View Full Version : VP Resignation

WhiteRT
04-29-2016, 04:59 PM
I know the first thought will be here he goes again ..... I stuck around last time as a favor to Shawn before he decided to step down. In actuality, I wanted the club to succeed and thought we were on the right track, but alas I dont think we are. We need more participation and its just not getting done. My dad is also having a relapse of a heart condition, trying to run a business, raising two little kids, trying to finish a pathetic attempt at an R/T build, etc....makes it more difficult to concentrate on club stuff too. I try to keep up with all the posts here as well as the happenings, offer suggestions, try to get new members coming and whatever else I can but perhaps there is someone who can fill the voids better.

I told Tom I will try to be available for the website stuff. I make changes in the background most of the time so people can concentrate on most of other tasks without wasting time on site related stuff. Now that I am not VP I may need people to contact me for those changes.

Another reason I left which I feel needs addressed is some recent actions of our Secretary, towards a well respected vendor as well as a new member. I believe we have made good strides in drama reduction on this site and unfortunately our secretary of all things didnt accept the same sentiment. His poor me story he posted in this section is not what I would call the truth. He got to be secretary and had a small power trip for whatever reason. I couldnt sit back and let him tell Richard, a well respected, quality vendor and one of the last ones left around here things like, "you are googling idiot" "if richard doesnt like it he can bug off" and to add insult to injury he tells a new member who asked where his membership package was via a nasty gram "you calling me out on the forum is going to make your shit ship any sooner". Shortly after all this, where it went down hill, he then made a post in the exec area saying execs needed to have better etiquette. Well that dog just didnt hunt, at all. After some serve and volley I decided I could no longer work with or be associated with someone who is apparently oblivious or just doesnt care that actions like that with a laboring club are putting the final nails in the coffin when lots of us worked very hard to change that image. This has been an ongoing issue for 17 years with him and he has chosen not to change it, the reason noone likes him is not because of them but because of him. Traditionally passing the buck, crying poor me, having a condescending egotistical attitude ALL the time will never help to change that image And I had resigned prior to having knowledge he was going to be booted but never the less hopefully the damage done with Richard isnt permanent and he will stick around, he is a good man and a good vendor.

Another issue is the nat meet that was planned by Chas and Jim. Apparently Chas asked his D1 rep krs1r/t to get stuff from the board and the message was never passed along. I dont know anything than what has been posted and that is krs was just too busy with work to handle it and thought Chas did it. I can see why Chas pulled the meet if he thought we were blowing him off, it wasnt the case at all and for that I will apologize on behalf of the DRTC to Chas and Jim as regardless of what happened in the past they were organizing a meet and would have got whatever help we could have provided. While its disappointing the event was scraped and the circumstances for it if you are still interested in it its only april and I think it was in August. Touch bases with Chas as members and let him know, the DRTC I am sure would still offer to help in any way it can. The events out there usually draw a decent crowd and the piggyback event is a huge event, would be lots of fun.

Take care Gents!!

Todd

BIGROB
04-29-2016, 07:57 PM
I'm still new around here so don't know who you are or what all the drama is really about but thank you for whatever you've done for this club in the past. I pray for your father. I hope he can recover from whatever condition he has.

I finally got my R/T a few months ago on February 29th and promptly joined and became a paid member.
However, it appears this club is falling apart and dying out. I guess I'm getting to the party a little too late......

99rtcc
04-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Todd,so sorry to see you go. Family should come before anything else least of all a truck club. I hope you keep your Dakota,just get it done. Best wishes in whatever comes next.

ScojoDak
04-29-2016, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the participation Todd. Hope all goes well with the family.

I generally don't verbalize about the drama that has plagued the board from time to time. But I agree with you regarding the situation between the current Secretary and the vendor. It certainly could of been handled better if Brian had just taken the high road and let it be. BUT NO! He always has to turn it into a pissing match and quite frankly, it's getting really fucking old! Diplomacy is not in his vocabulary. Richard is the best thing that happened to the Dak world for getting those "custom fabbed up" parts that we all want. Would hate to see him leave.

And as always, anyone's thoughts, opinions, suggestions, flames, bashing's and insults are encouraged and welcomed.

mikset
04-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Todd, thanks for airing that out, I can understand your decision.

All I can say is if any club exec can't refrain from the scuttlebutt and shit slinging on this forum they have absolutely no business being an exec.

I sure as hell hope Richard doesn't decide to bail on this club because of that deal. He's an extremely valuable vendor as well as an important member. Losing him would be a huge loss.

99dart
04-29-2016, 11:28 PM
I agree with what Mike said. Nothing more to say.

Mark
04-30-2016, 01:35 AM
Sorry to see you go Todd, someone is going to have big shoes to fill.

WhiteRT
04-30-2016, 01:48 AM
Sorry to see you go Todd, someone is going to have big shoes to fill.

Thanks guys, it's been fun!! I appreciate the compliments, and Mark I apologize for the rude comment from the clubs former secretary, it was unbecoming of a club officer and in very poor taste. Please don't let that deter you from renewing in the future as most of these other jokers are ok :)

I hope that everyone finds a happy medium with each other in the future to keep this club above water.

Keep the shiny side up folks :)

Todd

blackknight
04-30-2016, 01:58 AM
I agree with what Mike said. Nothing more to say.

I agree! Todd thanks for everything!

Corey
04-30-2016, 04:47 AM
Thanks for your efforts Todd. I know you will be around, and if I have any questions (R/T Questions that is), I know how to get ahold of you. I hope you finish your R/T some day. Thanks for you past help.

Steve '02CC
05-01-2016, 01:55 AM
You'll be missed around here Todd, and I know a lot of what you've done has gone without acknowledgment so thank you for everything that you have done. You were an asset :)

WhiteRT
05-01-2016, 02:50 AM
You'll be missed around here Todd, and I know a lot of what you've done has gone without acknowledgment so thank you for everything that you have done. You were an asset :)

I honestly wasn't in it for acknowledgment .... Moreso people just don't understand what gets done to keep things going. Take the spot, I have no doubts you can do it better than me, you IMO are the best nom in terms of people skills and way with words

Kingst3r
05-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Todd, as you know, I think you are the biggest cry baby I've ever met on this forum! LOL. But also one of the most dedicated members! A true dakota rt OG. You have a ton of knowledge as you've been around the block and bought the t shirt too. Sucks to see you step down, but I know life gets in the way. Hopefully you'll still lurk around and chime in once and a while. Maybe still whip up some custom parts if you get really bored. We'll be in touch though. :r/t smile:

P.S, dont give up on that truck. You do top notch work, would love to see that rig in persom someday.

X_HAWAII RT
05-03-2016, 04:46 AM
Thanks Todd. You gots my number. Let me know when you plan to come and visit. I'll treat you to some :spam: