PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

hskr
04-29-2016, 04:20 PM
Since the decision was made for me before I could do it myself, I am no longer the DRTC secretary or Exec board member. I was actually planning to step down anyways due to recent events and overall dislike of my actions. I apologize for causing any problems and always had you, the members, in mind trying to help, even if that turned into an argument, or flame war, over who was right or wrong about a specific topic.

I have no ill feelings towards most here, the few I do probably know who you are. I have nothing against Richard or Hipotek regardless of what anyone tries to convey to the contrary. Any disagreements we have had has been over specific topics, not because of any personal issues I have towards him or his business. I am actually glad he is supporting such a small community offering custom parts and support for our trucks. If you feel differently and want to discuss it with me, feel free to contact me through my email and I will gladly discuss it with you. navyhskr@gmail.com

One thing I would like all of you to do as members. Take a close look at your division reps. Question yourselves, and even them if you choose, about what have they really done for you, your division, or the DRTC since being elected to the position. This club can not survive without people who care about it and want to make it better, and actively participate to do that. Many of the current Div Reps sit idly by just filling a seat and don't do anything for their division or it's members. When was the last time your rep asked the division members for any type of input on things being voted on? Tom has done a good job of making any thing like that transparent to the members so you know what is being discussed. But if your Div Reps aren't discussing with their divisions about it, how are they able to really say they are representing the Division? The DRTC has also decided that we are not having one large national meet and each division should set up a more localized Divisional Meet. Your Division Reps should be all over trying to get something going. Either planning it themselves, or soliciting for ideas and people to help with it. If you can't get in touch with your Div Rep concerning any issues, then feel free to contact Tom, the President, and he will make sure any issues are addressed appropriately.

Finally, I left the DRTC once, for several years, because I didn't agree with the general direction it was going, the decisions or those in charge, and the over all lack of any professionalism within the club as a whole. I came back thinking it was going to get better with the newly elected Exec board. While it has gotten somewhat better, it's not where it should be. Removing me from office isn't going to fix the problems as much as others may think. I will be checking in through the weekend, but after that I will be logging out and washing my hands of the DRTC for good. Anyone that wants to keep in touch,, my email is listed above if we don't already have each others info.

1EVILR/T
04-29-2016, 11:40 PM
:rockwoot:

Corey
04-30-2016, 04:51 AM
Sorry you have to go, but I understand your decision.

Kingst3r
05-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Sucks to see you go Brian. You are very knowledgable about these trucks and were always will to help, especially the new guys. Thats what this forum is all about, helping other owners out.

BIGROB
05-02-2016, 01:56 AM
You help this new guy out on a couple of post :biggthumpup:
Thanks man. Sorry to see you go.

Filthy Filbert
05-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Still waiting on the updated member lists that you were keeping. You will receive reimbursement for shipping once supplies arrive.

PeteRT
05-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Bye Brian I'll miss you!!!!

ZenDak
05-02-2016, 05:03 PM
This sucks, especially someone who's been around so long, and has been very helpful to newbs like me. I've only been on here for a year since getting my r/t, but you were answering my newb questions waaaay back in '01 on another site when I got my first Dak (4.7L).

slammedR/T
05-02-2016, 07:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

X_HAWAII RT
05-03-2016, 04:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

Ruthless!

I must admit, Brian was dedicated but he went about things the wrong way....