PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone!

prettypampered1
10-22-2008, 10:24 PM
hi there, i am new to this forum, as i have bought my first dakota r/t. i am a harley riding chick, and had to have this truck when i heard and felt the power of her:) i have a pretty sweet little 03 that has been customized a bit with the flat bumper, racing seats, and a few other little goodies. my problem is she has been undercoated every year, and the guy that had her never cleaned under the hood. i really need to get the crap off the engine and hood as well as the inside of the door jams. i have tried alot of different things do any of you know what degreaser works well for this? thanks in advance for your help.:woot:

bad360rt
10-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the forum!

There's a few other members in Ontario, I'm sure they'll chime in.

As for a degreaser, I usually use Simple Green, works pretty good on most stuff. :biggthumpup:

GoFastGray
10-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Welcome :woot:

When I first got my truck, (though it had only 27k miles) the engine bay still needed a little TLC. Water and Simple green cleaned it right up :biggthumpup:
Make sure to cover alternator, computer, distributor cap, and other electronics.

I'll also recommend some One Grand products to keep things looking sharp :biggthumpup: :jester: --> http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3129

-Kevin

uwntsumrtII
10-23-2008, 04:21 AM
welcome aboard darlin :D

dak0ta_g33k
10-23-2008, 06:46 AM
my truck isn't an R/T and since i got the bike i've used the truck to tow it to the dealership a few times

Rick Adams
10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
hi there, i am new to this forum, as i have bought my first dakota r/t. i am a harley riding chick, and had to have this truck when i heard and felt the power of her:) i have a pretty sweet little 03 that has been customized a bit with the flat bumper, racing seats, and a few other little goodies. my problem is she has been undercoated every year, and the guy that had her never cleaned under the hood. i really need to get the crap off the engine and hood as well as the inside of the door jams. i have tried alot of different things do any of you know what degreaser works well for this? thanks in advance for your help.:woot:

Welcome aboard! Any idea what type of undercoating was used?

dakotabluert98
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
welcome :rockwoot:

RTdingo7
10-23-2008, 01:04 PM
G'day and welcome the world of the R/T, great to have a sheila on here to keep the boys under control. :biggthumpup:

BluRT00
10-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome and hopefully you enjoy the site, lots of info, and well special people.:jester:

rt_1of93
10-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Welcome to the site!

GTA Area here. Late in the season, but be sure to stick around and join us next season at Cayuga or St Thompas for some racing, hey maybe even Grandbend, however we find it a little to busy there!