PDA

View Full Version : Wiper issue

Kauvv
01-31-2016, 09:58 PM
So I have an issue with the wipers where I have to put them on low or high to get them to work. If I turn them off they stop where they sit and won't park down. I first thought it was an issue with the multifunction switch so I ordered a oem and installed it (stupid tamper proof torx heads lol). Still no dice with getting the delay to work and getting it to park. I have a used wiper transmission with motor to install but I figured I would ask if anyone else has experience with this before I get into ripping apart the cowel to change it.

Steve '02CC
01-31-2016, 10:03 PM
It sounds like a resistor. There is a resistor in the HVAC cabin fan that causes similar issues with the fan when it goes bad.

Kauvv
01-31-2016, 10:11 PM
It sounds like a resistor. There is a resistor in the HVAC cabin fan that causes similar issues with the fan when it goes bad.

Sounds like it to me as well. But for all the diagrams I'm looking at the only thing left is the wiper mod which is apart of the transmission motor. I guess I can wait and check direct hit for some confirmed fixes in the morning but sometimes it's hard to get strait answers from those fucking forms.

ironsport1000
02-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Time for a wiper motor. There is a position sensor inside the motor that tells the motor where park is. without that delay and park will not work.

Kauvv
02-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Time for a wiper motor. There is a position sensor inside the motor that tells the motor where park is. without that delay and park will not work.

That's what I thought. Well at least now I know I didn't spend 20$ on a used transmission and motor for nothing.

Kauvv
02-21-2016, 11:59 PM
So I just changed the transmission and motor and I'm still not getting park or delays. Any thoughts?