PDA

View Full Version : DRTC Seeking assistant IT support

Filthy Filbert
01-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Todd has been providing our IT support, working with the server hosting company, creating sub forums, adding/removing permissions as reps/offices come and go. He isn't leaving, but I want someone to work with him and learn the ropes so we have a back-up who knows the forum well enough to take over if he is unavailable during a crash, or work with him to identify if it's a regional problem, etc (I'm remembering over the spring? summer? whenever it was the website was down for a day. Todd worked his ass off while out with his family. the site was up and down all day depending on where you were in the country, accessing over cell phone vs land line, etc.)

So, who is IT savvy and can work with Todd to help learn the behind the scenes computer stuff?

Please prepare a resume and submit it to me. I will review them with the board to make a selection. This person will be given IT "mod" access, but will not be a voting board member, nor be permitted to edit posts, ban members, etc. They will be strictly IT Support.

JrRed23
02-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Still looking for one?

Filthy Filbert
02-24-2016, 01:21 AM
I think for now we're ok. Todd has expressed that he's more than happy to continue the IT support in the background. I started this thread when I still thought he was looking to step down and away from the club completely. But I have since learned that when Josh said "all 3 of us are stepping back" he hadn't vetted that with Todd first, and that Todd never intended on leaving.

JrRed23
02-24-2016, 08:02 PM
I think for now we're ok. Todd has expressed that he's more than happy to continue the IT support in the background. I started this thread when I still thought he was looking to step down and away from the club completely. But I have since learned that when Josh said "all 3 of us are stepping back" he hadn't vetted that with Todd first, and that Todd never intended on leaving.

Well just let me know if you ever decided to have a backup, I have a degree in network administration. I don't mind learning the ropes and helping out when in need, or if he goes on vacation.

hskr
02-25-2016, 01:48 AM
I think it would still be a good idea to have someone else who could help out when needed. :idunno: