PDA

View Full Version : By-Law revisions

1EVILR/T
10-13-2015, 12:18 AM
This is how the current by-laws are written

BY-LAWS OF THE DAKOTA R/T CLUB
ARTICLE I
NAME
The name of this organization shall be: Dakota R/T Club.

ARTICLE II
PURPOSE
The purpose of this Club shall be:
1. To encourage and promote the admiration for and ownership, care and maintenance with safe and courteous operation of the Dodge Dakota R/T sport truck.
2. To serve as a medium for the exchange of ideas, information and parts for owners of the Dakota R/T, to aid in preserving these automobiles in their original likeness and to otherwise enhance every aspect of ownership.
3. To provide an organization for Club members to meet, socialize and maintain the spirit of good fellowship and to participate in activities including the use of their Dakota R/T.
4. To further the interest of owners and drivers of Dakota R/T’s and to promote the safety and enjoyment of motoring in all phases.
5. To operate in North America, within the scope of the applicable laws of the states and provinces therein.
6. The Club shall be a non-profit organization.
7. The Club shall be non-sectarian and non-partisan.

ARTICLE III
MEMBERSHIP
1. Regular Membership. A regular member shall be an owner or ex-owner of a Dakota R/T and shall be entitled to participate in all activities, including voting and holding executive office.
2. Honorary Membership. An honorary member shall be an individual whose particular efforts on behalf of Dakota R/T’s are exceptional and noteworthy. An honorary member shall be nominated by the floor and accepted by a majority vote of a quorum of members.
3. Dues are $25.00 per year, with a one time registration fee of $20.00, with a portion going to the Club national account to cover costs of member cards and decals, and other benefits. On going dues are due and payable each year in the month during, or immediately following, the "good through" month and year of each individual member. New member dues paid will cover the member for the following 12 months. Dues become delinquent one month after the "good through" date.
4. Those members who paid their dues prior to 01 MAY 2000 shall be entitled to be designated as Charter Member on any Club identification, although in no other respects will their rights and privileges be more extensive than those granted to non-charter members.

5. The Club may reserve the option to allow non-owners to join the Club under the status of Associate Member. In such circumstances, the Associate Members will not have voting privileges, nor hold executive office.
6. In order to operate their vehicle at any Dakota R/T Club organized event, members must:
- be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- have possession of public liability and property damage insurance on their Dakota R/T, or other evidence of personal financial responsibility in either the minimum amount required by the state or national government in the amount of whichever is greater.
7. The executive board is hereby granted the exclusive power and discretion to reject applications or abolish the membership of any person. Such action shall be taken by this executive board as a group.

ARTICLE IV
EXECUTIVE BOARD AND ELECTIONS
1. The executive board shall be made up of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and 14 Division Representatives.
2. A board member must be an active member in good standing.
3. Term of office shall be for two years and no one shall serve on the executive board for more than eight consecutive years in any one position.
4. Nomination and election for board members shall be made during the months of September to November of each year, and will be conducted in the DRTC forum.
5. Division representatives shall be nominated and elected by the regular paid club members of that division, and the executive board members. Nominations and elections will take place in the DRTC forum, in the special "election subforum". The President or Vice President will preside over these nominations and elections, and monitor the vote. The Secretary will validate the election. In the event that a representative steps down before their 2 year term expiration, the replacing representative shall fill in for their unexpired term.
6. The 4 executives (President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer) shall be nominated and elected by their peers on the executive board only. Nominations and elections will take place in the executive board forum. The President will preside over these nominations and elections, and monitor the vote. The Secretary will validate the election. In the event that an executive steps down before their 2 year term expiration, the replacing executive shall fill in for their unexpired term.
7. No executive board member shall obligate or commit the club financially or otherwise without board approval.
8. Each member shall have one vote in any business relating to the club.

The duties of the President shall be:
1. To issue the call for all regular and special meetings.
2. To preside over all meetings.
3. To schedule regular elections and ensure that they are held in accordance with the by-laws.
4. To delegate authority and responsibility as necessary to accomplish the purpose of the Club.
5. To implement, administer and explain the policies of the Executive Board.
6. To act as Ex-Officio member of all committees.
7. To represent the Club at national meetings.
8. To carry out the wishes of the Executive Board.

The duties of the Vice-President shall be:
1. To perform, in the absence of the President, all of the duties of the President.
2. To assist all committees chairs.
3. To schedule regular elections and ensure that they are held in accordance with the by-laws.
4. To vote in all mandatory Executive Board polls.
5. The Vice-President will report directly to the President.

The duties of the Secretary shall be:
1. To record and maintain the minutes of the meetings.
2. To supervise all records of the Club.
3. To validate all executive board member elections.
4. To vote in all mandatory Executive Board polls.
5. To perform such other duties that, from time to time, may be specifically assigned to him or her by the President or Vice President.
6. The Secertary will be report directly to the Vice-President.

The duties of the Treasurer shall be:
1. To collect dues and any other income of the Club.
2. To handle all incoming mail.
3. To maintain the Club accounting books and accounts.
4. To make regular reports of the Club’s financial condition.
5. To issue checks, and payments, to be approved by two of the executive officers.
6. To maintain the club's liability insurance policy.
7. To report to the IRS the club's non-profit status by filling out form 990-N.
8. To vote in all mandatory Executive Board polls.
9. To perform such other duties that, from time to time may be specifically assigned to him or her by the President or Vice President.
10. The Treasurer will report directly to the Vice-President.

The duties of the Committee Chairmen shall be:
1. To chair committees that are made up of members.
2. The following committees shall exist: Nominating, Program, Risk Management, and Finance.
3. The Program Committee Chair shall report directly to the Treasurer, and is responsible for planning all National Events, and offer assistance in the planning of Regional and Chapter Events if asked for by a Region or Chapter. The Program Committee Chair shall work close with the Risk Management Chair.
4. The Risk Management Chair shall report directly to the Treasurer, and is responsible for making sure that the Club carries a proper insurance policy. This Chair and Committee shall also approve all Events be it National, Regional, or a Chapter.
5. The Nominating Committee Chair shall report directly to the Secretary, and is responsible for making all Nominations to the Board. These Nominations shall be of those that are members of the Club.
6. The Finance Chair shall report directly to the Treasurer and is responsible for deciding Cost of membership, accruing Sponsorships, and seeking ways to best spend the money of the Club.

Duties of the Division Representatives shall be:
1. To represent their divisional area, advising the board of all activities or concerns of their region.
2. To vote in all mandatory Executive Board polls.
3. To promote new and renewing memberships in their division.
4. To act as spokesman to their division members on behalf of the Executive Board.
5. To perform such other duties that, from time to time may be specifically assigned to him or her by the executive board.
6. The Division Representatives shall report directly to the Vice-President.

Planning Guide:
The Executive Board shall complete by 01 October 2000 a Planning Guide that will be followed by all members. This Planning Guide shall include at minimum: A complete guide on how to organize an event, and a guide to be used to make budgets for National, Regional, and Chapter purposes. This planning guide will be a sub-part of the by-laws. Therefore, the by-laws will not need amended after the planning guide is completed to allow for the planning guide.

ARTICLE V
MEETINGS
1. The time and place of the meeting shall be designated by the President.
2. Written notice of all meetings shall be given to each member in good standing prior to the meeting.
3. At all regular or special meetings, the active members in good standing who remain in attendance shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
4. All Club business will be approved or rejected on the basis of a majority of votes cast by the members present at any scheduled Club meeting.
5. All meetings shall be conducted in accordance with *Robert’s Rules of Order of Business*.
6. Any member of the Executive Board has the right to ask for a meeting when they deem it necessary.

ARTICLE VI
AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS
These by-laws may be altered, amended or replaced by a two-thirds vote of the Executive Board voting at any regular meeting unless members of the Board propose an amendment prior to 01 October 2000 the amendment then only requires a majority vote. Provided however, that such alteration, amendment or replacement shall be read at a regular meeting prior to the meeting at which such is to be considered and copy of such matter shall be sent to the membership as part of the notice prior to the meeting at which action is taken on such alteration, amendment or replacement.

As we had talked about revising the current by-laws , WE as the execs of the DRTC feel we need the input from the members as well, this thread will not be a flame war thread, ANY negativity WILL be deleted as we feel necessary! We figured it would be easiest if we went article by article, both Tom and Todd have great ideas for the beginning of this change
Article I seems cut and dry, so we can skip that.

1EVILR/T
10-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Reserved

1EVILR/T
10-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Reserved 2

1EVILR/T
10-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Reserved 3

1EVILR/T
Reserved 4

1EVILR/T
Reserved 5

1EVILR/T
Reserved 6

1EVILR/T
10-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Reserved 7

1EVILR/T
10-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Reserved 8

Lonesoldier79
10-13-2015, 12:48 AM
I feel article 3.1 needs to be amended so one doesn't need to own or have owned an RT to be a paid voting member. I even think if such a person is a contributing and paid active member can hold a board position.

Article 4.6 I feel the top 4 exec spots should be open to the paid membership to vote on, not just the board.

Article 3: Duties of Divisions Reps
I feel Divisional Reps should only be allowed to vote in their division.

What say yee?

Hugh Jassole
10-13-2015, 12:52 AM
were you really meaning to keep this pole open for 3 years ? :jester:

1EVILR/T
10-13-2015, 01:41 AM
were you really meaning to keep this pole open for 3 years ? :jester:
Yep, this will take a long time, LOL

Filthy Filbert
10-13-2015, 02:38 AM
my proposal for artical 3. Figured we'd start here when the D2 rep spot was open, but then Steve bowed out taking the heat off to keep the pot from boiling.

My thoughts on the below proposal. Anyone who is passionate enough about the Dakota R/T that they are willing to pay money to the club, should be recognized as a full member regardless of what vehicles they own. Likewise, a member who has shown so much dedication, leadership, and a willingness to take charge, that they win the majority of the votes in a poll, should be permitted to hold any position in the club.

Current example. Steve in D2 is being nom'd. lets say in a few years, the position of president comes open because we've driven Shawn of the deep end. Steve is crazy enough to be interested in it. He's shown passion, dedication, and possibly by then, the leadership required to run this club. Do we need another debate then about what his vin code is? Does the vin code prove your abilities as a person to help run and manage a car club?

Everyones fear: some prius owner could possibly come in to the club, pay dues, and suddenly be voted to the president and then the DRTC is over. If the membership becomes dumb enough to vote someone into position that has not shown a TRUE passion and care for these trucks, and the spirit of this club, and then 'we' as a board are dumb enough to vote that same person into a position of power, and allow them to kill the DRTC...then it's our own fault and would deserve such a fate.

I think that will never happen. I think we're smart enough to know when we're being trolled, and when we have the real deal before us.

Therefore, I move that we delete the associate member status (or reserve it for non-paying forum users?), and we simplify the membership requirements to be such that anyone who pays dues, can be a member and hold position, regardless of what they own.

Please read below for my simple, yet effective edits:

ARTICLE III
MEMBERSHIP
1. Regular Membership. A regular member shall be a dedicated Dakota R/T enthusiast who has paid annual membership dues to the club, and shall be entitled to participate in all activities, including voting and holding executive office.
2. Honorary Membership. An honorary member shall be an individual whose particular efforts on behalf of Dakota R/T’s are exceptional and noteworthy. An honorary member shall be nominated by the floor and accepted by a majority vote of a quorum of members.
3. Dues are $25.00 per year, with a one time registration fee of $20.00, with a portion going to the Club national account to cover costs of member cards and decals, and other benefits. On going dues are due and payable each year in the month during, or immediately following, the "good through" month and year of each individual member. New member dues paid will cover the member for the following 12 months. Dues become delinquent one month after the "good through" date.
4. Those members who paid their dues prior to 01 MAY 2000 shall be entitled to be designated as Charter Member on any Club identification, although in no other respects will their rights and privileges be more extensive than those granted to non-charter members.

6. In order to operate their vehicle at any Dakota R/T Club organized event, members must:
- be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- have possession of public liability and property damage insurance on the vehicle they bring, or other evidence of personal financial responsibility in either the minimum amount required by the state or national government in the amount of whichever is greater.
7. The executive board is hereby granted the exclusive power and discretion to reject applications or abolish the membership of any person. Such action shall be taken by this executive board as a group, and validated by a simple majority vote of the general membership.

slammedR/T
10-13-2015, 04:51 AM
I think letting non dakota R/t owners be reps is a good idea only if they prove themselves as passionate dakota enthusiasts and must at least own a dakota no matter what the 8th digit of the vin is.

I also think division reps should vote on the exec positions along with the board but in an electoral manner like our presidential election. The division reps will vote for a candidate in which their division majority voted for in a division vote.

WhiteRT
10-13-2015, 02:04 PM
I think letting non dakota R/t owners be reps is a good idea only if they prove themselves as passionate dakota enthusiasts and must at least own a dakota no matter what the 8th digit of the vin is.

I also think division reps should vote on the exec positions along with the board but in an electoral manner like our presidential election. The division reps will vote for a candidate in which their division majority voted for in a division vote.

You should go read the thread in the exec board area chad. I proposed exactly this!!!!

hskr
10-13-2015, 02:19 PM

That would require division reps who are actually active. Know the last time I heard from either of the Div 5 reps??

99rtcc
10-13-2015, 03:08 PM
my proposal for artical 3. Figured we'd start here when the D2 rep spot was open, but then Steve bowed out taking the heat off to keep the pot from boiling.
I can get on board with this,I would only ask one change and that be that the top 4 spots must be a dakota R/T owner while in office.Division reps should be a Dakota owner of any vin.

WhiteRT
10-13-2015, 04:01 PM
That would require division reps who are actually active. Know the last time I heard from either of the Div 5 reps??

Exactly my point Brian - and why I personally think we need to go to an east/west/central division with 2 or 3 reps per. Some divisions are just plain dead with a somewhat grim outlook on any future participation.

Broo42
10-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Exactly my point Brian - and why I personally think we need to go to an east/west/central division with 2 or 3 reps per. Some divisions are just plain dead with a somewhat grim outlook on any future participation.

I can remember a time when D4 was one of the most active divisions. Now it seems that there are only about 5 of us that do anything anymore.

chrgr340
10-13-2015, 07:08 PM
I can remember a time when D4 was one of the most active divisions. Now it seems that there are only about 5 of us that do anything anymore.

Try being in Division 5... Seems like there are about three of us that even post regularly, and we're all spread so far apart, well, good luck getting any get-togethers assembled.

madboy
10-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Try being in Division 5... Seems like there are about three of us that even post regularly, and we're all spread so far apart, well, good luck getting any get-togethers assembled.

This appears to be the wave of the future for our club - Major restructuring ala what Todd has proposed is necessary IMO as well!

:drtc_logo001:

JMSoc02
10-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Reserved

Reserved 2

Reserved 3

Reserved 4

Reserved 5

Reserved 6

Reserved 7

Reserved 8
^^^^ post whore alert!!!!! Looks like someone is just trying to add to his post count.

JMSoc02
10-13-2015, 10:50 PM
As far as the poll, I believe the current poll on this page is too broad. There are a few items that most people have opinions on.

1) Non Z-code reps.
(I believe the should be allowed to hold rep spots, not execs)

2) Club divisions
( good idea, how would we draw the lines?)

3) Voting right of members on club Execs.
( Members should vote for pres and vp, secr and tres should be voted by reps)

Each of these should be discussed individually amongst the reps, as well as a separate poll for members. Then whatever way the poll goes counts as one additional vote in the reps reps poll. So that there would be a total of 19 votes in the reps poll ( 4 execs, 14 reps, and 1 member poll vote)

Just my .02
~James

Steve '02CC
10-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Tom's suggestions seem reasonable to me, but to be fair I see how they'd mainly benefit members like me.

In going along with Spicer's comments on the election of board members I think it would be wise for any changes to result in each division having equal weight with the vote. Our own government was designed with that philosophy in mind in a few ways like with a Senate where each state has an equal voice and an electoral system where smaller states get a louder voice than their population would otherwise give them so that the process encourages a more widespread view.

I have no issue with reps voting for board members since I believe it is approprate for the members to vote for the reps that will then represent them for these decisions. I think that's basically the point of having representatives and therefore it's the job of the members to ensure they vote wisely. Also if too much stuff keeps being dumped on the members to vote upon I'd be afraid "voter fatigue" could kick in.

That might not be a popular position, but there is a halfway measure. For board positions each division could have 3 votes: the 2 reps and 1 for the winner of a popular vote within that division. If the division only has 1 rep then the popular vote within that division could count for 2 votes from that division.

I also believe in the KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple Stupid. I think that whatever policies are decided that they should be quick to read and easy to understand.

Steve '02CC
10-13-2015, 11:26 PM
This appears to be the wave of the future for our club - Major restructuring ala what Todd has proposed is necessary IMO as well!

:drtc_logo001:

I think a focus of all members should be an attempt to draw more people to this club as unpaid forum members and then let them see the value of signing up as full members themselves.

Central Florida does seem to have a lot of Dakota RTS in it based on how I've heard other members saying that they go huge amounts of time never seeing one on the road, but you give them cards and they don't show up. I think one thing the club should do is have a presence on all the trendy social media sites if for no other reason than to grab the name. I think the fact is that in 2015 a lot of people want all of this kind of content to come exclusively from Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. I do not think that Facebook is a good format for what we do, but the fact is that that's what a lot of people want. I know someone who literally bought a truck with a DRTC sticker already on it who tried to join, ran into some sort of error, and had given up. I think that's because he gets his RT fill exclusively from Facebook and therefore if satisfied and doesn't feel the need to use us. Right now Facebook users get their Dakota RT fix from something entirely independent from us, and that should not be the case.

I get it that the Facebook format is terrible for the kind of long-term threads we create, and seeing the damage Instagram filters do to photos makes me wanna cry, but if we had some sort of presence on those sites I think it would be to our benefit. Right now there is a vacuum being filled by others and that is robbing us of potential members and division reps.

For example: right now on the Facebook site someone has created a 2016 calendar. I can't help but wonder if this was one of the Facebook-only owners whose efforts could have been channelled here if the DRTC had the dominate Dakota RT presence on Facebook.

hskr
10-13-2015, 11:52 PM
Problem with going to three divisions as Todd suggested is you will still run into the same problems where the Reps are so spread apart that trying to get all on board with any type of meeet planning and being able to get much organized will be difficult. Especially in what would be the Central division. There really isn't a large concentration of owners in any area in the area anymore. It takes more than 2-3 local people to really get a meet organized. It's bad enough in Div 5 right now with the members who are active being so far apart. It's the same is most divisions, but it's covered up in most because there are larger concentrations in some areas of the divisions, but that doesn't represent the entire division.

hskr
10-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Thnigs I would like to see changed.

Shorter term limits.

Minimum activity requirements for Div Reps that would result in firing if not met. Doesn't have to be much, but there needs to be some way in the bylaws to be able to remove Div Reps who aren't doing their jobs. Right now, it's not that easy, as there isn't anything in writing saying what needs to happen. I'd say a minimum of 3 posts a month. A minimum for number of Exec board meetings they must participate in. As long as there is a set schedule of when the meetings will be held for the year it shouldn't be too hard to plan around that.

Something else I'd like to see and might help with overall participation and membership is make it a requirement for each Division to hold at least on Divisional meet a year. There used to be club funds available to each division/chapter to help pay for these meets. Not sure if that's something that is still available or not.

WhiteRT
10-14-2015, 07:56 PM
So would people like to see anyone be allowed to join and hold office. OR would you like to see anyone be able to join the club but club reps/execs must own a dakota/durango of some kind? I read through and it seems like there is two different paths but only a yes/no vote. Anyone care to clarify if I am reading that right?

Thnigs I would like to see changed.

Shorter term limits.

Minimum activity requirements for Div Reps that would result in firing if not met. Doesn't have to be much, but there needs to be some way in the bylaws to be able to remove Div Reps who aren't doing their jobs. Right now, it's not that easy, as there isn't anything in writing saying what needs to happen. I'd say a minimum of 3 posts a month. A minimum for number of Exec board meetings they must participate in. As long as there is a set schedule of when the meetings will be held for the year it shouldn't be too hard to plan around that.

Something else I'd like to see and might help with overall participation and membership is make it a requirement for each Division to hold at least on Divisional meet a year. There used to be club funds available to each division/chapter to help pay for these meets. Not sure if that's something that is still available or not.

I say a 2 year term for everyone - nominations/elections held in december of every other year.

The minimum participation thing is ALREADY there - not in bylaws but in the exec section there is rules for being an exec including missing 2 straight meetings being grounds for termination. So adding this to the bylaws puts it in stone but doesnt change what will happen, jmo.

Cant even get people to vote in club elections let alone plan a mandatory yearly meet. It would go the way of the participation, just not happen. That was the reason that i was for a 3 division setup that gives each division an option to put together a yearly meet if they want with optional club funds based on meet fees and such. The 3 div setup is much easier to manage imo and gives the people there the option to get a meet going or GTG going, whatever. But I agree with what you have said Brian - I just think the theory and reality are miles apart :) - It may just be time to come to grips with the fact that passionate owners who want to further this club are too few and too far between.

99rtcc
10-14-2015, 08:30 PM
My 2 cents,in order to be one of the 4 top excs you must own a Dakota R/T while in office.To be a division rep just a Dakota no matter the vin.All paid club members should be allowed to vote in any open election.To be a rep/exec you need to own a dak,this is not dak/dur.

stevenz1inoc
10-14-2015, 11:16 PM
I've been thinking about changes that need to be made and I have to say that I think that to be a rep or exec member that you should at least own a Dakota or magnum engine based truck. Not having owned one just doesn't make sense for now. As for those that think you should have to own an R/T to be a member/rep/exec, that is just not reasonable if you want this club to last. These trucks are going fast just like membership. It's time to open our eyes. Lets drop the elitist attitude and realize that if we want a club we need to expand. Otherwise it's just going to be 20 people spread out across the country talking on a forum. That's not a club in my eyes.

hskr
10-14-2015, 11:47 PM
Not sure why a Treasurer or Secretary would need to have to own a R/T to hold that position. I can see Pres or VP if we want to hold on to some sort of R/T ownership requirement. I'd say the treas or Sec could be a spouse if they wanted to participate.

stevenz1inoc
10-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Not sure why a Treasurer or Secretary would need to have to own a R/T to hold that position. I can see Pres or VP if we want to hold on to some sort of R/T ownership requirement. I'd say the treas or Sec could be a spouse if they wanted to participate.

Because executive positions are just that, execs. IF we are going to say 1 should then we should say all. But I don't see why they should have to own an R/T period. Dakota or Magnum based engine truck should do.

hskr
10-15-2015, 12:00 AM
So would people like to see anyone be allowed to join and hold office. OR would you like to see anyone be able to join the club but club reps/execs must own a dakota/durango of some kind? I read through and it seems like there is two different paths but only a yes/no vote. Anyone care to clarify if I am reading that right?

I say a 2 year term for everyone - nominations/elections held in december of every other year.

The minimum participation thing is ALREADY there - not in bylaws but in the exec section there is rules for being an exec including missing 2 straight meetings being grounds for termination. So adding this to the bylaws puts it in stone but doesnt change what will happen, jmo.

If it's already there, then adding it to bylaws wouldn't be a big deal and would let potential Reps know the rules before they get elected. Having it in the Exec forum only doesn't do that. Also, if it's not enforced then it's not any better than the keyboard it was typed on, and really makes the Execs who should be enforcing it just as bad as those not participating.

Cant even get people to vote in club elections let alone plan a mandatory yearly meet. It would go the way of the participation, just not happen. That was the reason that i was for a 3 division setup that gives each division an option to put together a yearly meet if they want with optional club funds based on meet fees and such. The 3 div setup is much easier to manage imo and gives the people there the option to get a meet going or GTG going, whatever. But I agree with what you have said Brian - I just think the theory and reality are miles apart :) - It may just be time to come to grips with the fact that passionate owners who want to further this club are too few and too far between.

This all goes back to Rep/Exec participation. If they aren't participating then they aren't working within the divisions to promote the club and try to get the members excited again. This is what is missing from the Club, that we had in the beginning. Those who were elected to represent the Divisions just don't seem to have the passion to make things happen and just want to be a place holder for a position. Member participation is only going to be as good as what they are getting out of the club. If they don't feel the club is really offering them anything they wont be active. Having active reps who do more than just sit behind computer and vote on stuff will help. Keep the members involved and informed. People want transparency, but that doesn't necessarily mean just posting on the forum about what's going on. Get out and be visible. Set up meets, and be there or them.

Steve '02CC
10-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Yea! My POS Dolphin web browser didn't post my comment.

I think any changes must include specific processes for impeachment from elected roles and permabans from our website. Over the years there have been a large number of complaints of inactive board members and people being permabanned (including what happens to their dues - i.e. prorated refund or not) and even the process for returning banned members had some controversy. I think these should be addressed in the bylaws.

I'm always a little skeptical of term limits because they seem to be bandaids to protect the system from disengaged voters. We are currently discussing the possibility of merging divisions together due to a lack of bodies ready and willing to actively represent the club, and arbitrary term limits could both remove good leaders and leave those positions empty.

hskr
10-15-2015, 12:23 AM
There could be a stipulation for the term limits saying that there has to be a minimum of two people on ballot and that if that isnn't possible the current Rep could be re-elected beyond the listed term limits.

WhiteRT
10-15-2015, 02:13 AM
Brian the current issue with your statement is if the execs booted non participating reps the board would be empty and no one to fill spots. Danno just left with no real signs of new people to take over in d6

hskr
10-15-2015, 07:43 AM
So tell me what the difference is between an empty seat and one filled by someone who does nothing? At least ifnthe seat is empty it can be filled if someone wants to to step up. I want to help and be a rep, but I cant because both div 5 rep spots are filled by non-active people.

Filthy Filbert
10-15-2015, 11:32 AM
We hear you Brian. and we see the same thing you do. It has been brought up by our club president, and I would fully expect to see movement in the near future.

hskr
10-15-2015, 03:07 PM
We hear you Brian. and we see the same thing you do. It has been brought up by our club president, and I would fully expect to see movement in the near future.

I'm waiting on Todds reply as to how a seat filled with someone who doesn't do anything is somehow better than an empty seat that has the opportunity to be filled by someone who wants to participate. Not understanding the logic there.

WhiteRT
10-15-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm waiting on Todds reply as to how a seat filled with someone who doesn't do anything is somehow better than an empty seat that has the opportunity to be filled by someone who wants to participate. Not understanding the logic there.

Who said it was better, this current board has spent the whole term getting rid of non active people. I guess you just want everyone deleted with an iron fist, Shawn has given people chances to participate and now he has to make a decision as president whether to remove or vote out non participators or what. So there is the answer to your condescending remark "I am still waiting", ok dad LOL!

madboy
10-15-2015, 05:19 PM

We have helped remove tons of dead weight - some of the new people who stepped in have not stepped up so we will continue to do so but the herd is getting very thin.

hskr
10-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Brian the current issue with your statement is if the execs booted non participating reps the board would be empty and no one to fill spots. Danno just left with no real signs of new people to take over in d6

Who said it was better, this current board has spent the whole term getting rid of non active people. I guess you just want everyone deleted with an iron fist, Shawn has given people chances to participate and now he has to make a decision as president whether to remove or vote out non participators or what. So there is the answer to your condescending remark "I am still waiting", ok dad LOL!

You said the problem with my statement was that if all the non-participating members were booted it would leave the Exec board empty. So I asked what the differenc was between an empty seat and one filled by someone who doesn't participate. The biggest difference is that if people look at the list of current Exec board members and see's spots filled then they may not ask about becoming a rep because the seat is filled. If the seat is shown as empty they may step up and ask if they can fill the spot. But that's logical thinking. Son!!!!

WhiteRT
10-16-2015, 12:33 AM
You said the problem with my statement was that if all the non-participating members were booted it would leave the Exec board empty. So I asked what the differenc was between an empty seat and one filled by someone who doesn't participate. The biggest difference is that if people look at the list of current Exec board members and see's spots filled then they may not ask about becoming a rep because the seat is filled. If the seat is shown as empty they may step up and ask if they can fill the spot. But that's logical thinking. Son!!!!

And just what do you think we have been doing this whole time????? if All the non participators were removed at once the board woulda been empty, in fact there was many vacant seats in April. So are you asking for josh and justin to be removed based on non participation??????

madboy
10-16-2015, 12:40 AM
And just what do you think we have been doing this whole time????? if All the non participators were removed at once the board woulda been empty, in fact there was many vacant seats in April. So are you asking for josh and justin to be removed based on non participation??????

Simmer down - we are all trying to accomplish the same thing - A full board of people who participate.

Group hug!! :circlejerk:

WhiteRT
10-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Simmer down - we are all trying to accomplish the same thing - A full board of people who participate.

Group hug!! :circlejerk:

You don't know me that was simmered :) .... I am waiting on cropps reply of a concerned person in d5 if he wants the reps removed

slammedR/T
10-16-2015, 12:56 AM
:dumbass234: good night!!!, this thread has been cropped!!

hskr
10-16-2015, 07:54 AM
You don't know me that was simmered :) .... I am waiting on cropps reply of a concerned person in d5 if he wants the reps removed

I've been asking for Justin to step down or be removed for a while. Josh won the election for rep over me saying he was going to be active. That lasted about two months. All I was saying in my post that started all this is that there be black and white procedures in place for removing non-participating board members. Because they offer nothing to the club by holding a slot they aren't doing anything in. This thread was asking for suggestions. That was my suggestion. Take it or leave it, it is a problem and I offered a solution. Nothing else I can do with it.

BluRT00
10-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Sounds like Cropp is stepping up to be a rep for D5 then?

KTK00R/T
10-16-2015, 06:50 PM
If one wants to step down, let cropp step up.

chrgr340
10-16-2015, 07:06 PM
I'd be up for trying to help out with Div 5 too.

madboy
10-17-2015, 02:07 AM
I'd be up for trying to help out with Div 5 too.

Be awesome to have 2 more active dudes :biggthumpup:

slammedR/T
10-20-2015, 02:12 AM
It sucks having to be nice and political correct because I'm a rep now..... I think I'm doing pretty good though :dumbass234:

BluRT00
10-20-2015, 02:35 AM
It sucks having to be nice and political correct because I'm a rep now..... I think I'm doing pretty good though :dumbass234:

I bet we can make you snap. Just gotta word it the right way about the Floriduh Gaytors. :jester:

Steve '02CC
10-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Hum... My inner troll is intrigued...
Sooo.... When I see you in a month can you give my tips on my LS swap? I hear I can get phenominal cosmic power for an itty bitty price tag.
:stirringthepot:.
I also need to know what spark plugs to buy and where I can buy a new battery.

WhiteRT
10-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Hum... My inner troll is intrigued...
Sooo.... When I see you in a month can you give my tips on my LS swap? I hear I can get phenominal cosmic power for an itty bitty price tag.
:stirringthepot:.
I also need to know what spark plugs to buy and where I can buy a new battery.

We already have an inhouse LameShit motor guru, ask him.