Barry Young - Div 6

Subjects Discussed

National Meet Overview
National Meet Logo
National Meet T-shirts
National Meet Donation / Prizes
National Meet Awards
What Items to hold off on until after the meet

Overview - In general the meet is coming together due to a good amount of planning and work by Jim & Sabrina from D1 - we need to assign specific duties to the execs / reps that will be in attendance. Specific duties that will be assigned are; Registration / Cashier / Raffle person, goodie bag wrangler, prize and distribution point liason, Show and Shine tally person, Bracket racing overseer and time slip collector. Also Josh Klein is to finalize the checklist of items needed for the meet and forward to the board for approval and to catch any thing that is missed.

Meet Logo - It was voted unanimously that we will keep the 2015 Meet logo as is

Meet Shirt - It was announced that all meet shirts are being donated by someone who wishes to remain anonymous (if you are reading this - thank you very much for your generosity) It was determined that the meet shirt order needs to be completed by 8/1 so we will be putting an update on the registration page letting people know they will NOT be guaranteed their specific size shirt if they do not register by 8/1. The club will pay for an extra 2 dozen shirts that will be sold at the meet with the remaining to go up for sale after the meet.

National Meet Prizes / Donations - There are already 15 prizes donated which trumps the only 13 people registered... There was a commitment made from the board to be aggressive over the next 4 weeks about prizes and donations. Having said that, if ANY of you reading this know of anyone that might like to donate a prize, product or gift certificate please feel free to contact ME directly :biggthumpup: Also there are a couple really neat prizes and raffle items in the works that have not been announced officially yet because we do not have 100% confirmation. Also all prizes will be mailed to John Drago D1 rep

National Meet Awards / Trophies Thomas Newsom aka TNEW from Florida committed to donate his time to make us some very cool Marble plaques for Racing, show and shine etc as Trophies - :hail:

BIG GIANT thumbs up for Thomas :biggthumpup:

What items to hold off on until after the meet - Logo rework, class racing updates, bylaw updates / revisions, and any other items that distract us from focus on the meet.

chase1500
07-01-2015, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the update.

KTK00R/T
07-01-2015, 02:33 AM
:biggthumpup:

Good to see these posted. Honestly I think this is the first time I've seen minutes posted in a loooong time!

Lonesoldier79
07-01-2015, 02:36 AM
I'll double down next week on my assigned vendors for donations. Thanks for the minutes and sorry again I missed the call.

ScojoDak
07-01-2015, 03:14 AM
Yes, nice to see the minutes posted. Thanks to all involved :rockwoot:

MOPARS&FiREARMS_66
07-01-2015, 03:20 AM
Thank you for posting this, Josh, great job as always :hail:

1EVILR/T
07-01-2015, 10:41 AM
If there is something you guys would like talk about please get with your Div rep and FORCE them to participate in the next conf call

Filthy Filbert
07-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Yup. We want to remain transparent, and open. we want the members to know what's going on, and to feel like they have a voice. It's very hard to do that when only 1/3 of the board is present at meetings. Now, this is not a shot at the other board members but rather a call to the general membership to engage with their reps to voice how important it is that they participate, this was our first conference call and there are expected kinks to be worked out, and we will get better.

At a minimum though, we really need to see at least 1 rep from each division on the calls

dstoots
07-01-2015, 12:47 PM
If there is something you guys would like talk about please get with your Div rep and FORCE them to participate in the next conf call
If Div. reps miss an established number of board meetings than they should be replaced.
Thanks for the minutes, good start for transparency.

Danno
07-01-2015, 03:13 PM
If Div. reps miss an established number of board meetings than they should be replaced.
Thanks for the minutes, good start for transparency.

If it happens more than a couple of times per individual, I am sure that that procedure will take place.

krs1r/t
07-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Missing group calls will get you replaced? Chances of me being available for a conference call on a Sunday is slim. Is it written somewhere that if you miss x amount of group call you will be replaced?

Hugh Jassole
07-01-2015, 06:57 PM
In that case, I'll post a video of me destroying my meet shirt

dstoots
07-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Missing group calls will get you replaced? Chances of me being available for a conference call on a Sunday is slim. Is it written somewhere that if you miss x amount of group call you will be replaced?

Upcoming by-law change?

99rtcc
07-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Its easy,if you feel you can't make the time to represent your division move along and let someone else do it.Please don't take this as a shot at any one person.All the reps need to step up and get involved to move this club along or just turn out the lights and call it a day.

WhiteRT
07-01-2015, 07:53 PM

While regular members cannot read this as it is in exec, this list of rules was voted into place in 2012 long before we were here. It states if you miss 2 meetings you can be removed. Chris I think it will show for you since you are an exec.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?23909-Executive-Board-Member-Guidelines

Danno
07-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Cut and paste. No reason that the general membership should not know this is there. And we WILL be holding people accountable. This is not just a sit on your ass and get the participation award position.

Guidelines for Participation

1. As a member of the executive board your participation is the key to the success and growth of our club.

2. As an executive board member it is your duty to represent the club members in your area. You are required to vote on all polls and attend all meetings. Regardless of the subject matter.

3. If you are unable to participate, then it is your duty to your local members and to the executive board that you resign, to open a position for a new member that will be able to better serve the people in your geography.

4. Failure to participate, based on the following guidelines, will result in a vote by executive board members to determine if you are to be dismissed from the executive board. A simple majority will carry this vote.

A. Missing two consecutive meetings, with out a valid excuse. Meetings are called for urgent club business and a majority of members have to be in attendance to make a quorum. Failing to attend a meeting with out prior notification wastes the time of the executive board members that do attend the meeting. If it is known that you can not attend, and a quorum can not be reached, then the meeting can be rescheduled. Work schedules are a permitted excuse. However agendas for the meetings are published ahead of time. A proxy vote on a subject can get granted to another member. Your views on a subject on the agenda can be posted to the mailing list before the meeting occurs.

B. Failing to vote in two consecutive polls. Most decisions the club makes are based on these polls. Timely voting is required to make this board effective. Polls should not be open for more than one week to determine a majority. Not voting in a poll within one week of its creation is a failure to vote.

C. Not posting in the executive board forum in a two month period. The forum is the main communication link for the executive board. Failure to post and respond to messages will be considered non-participation.

D. Exceptions, personal and business reasons may require you to be away for a time. This can be a reason to excuse you from the non-participation rules. It is your duty to inform the executive board of any absences. It is the individual’s, and the board’s responsibility to determine if the extended absence affects their ability to represent the club.

5. It is required that you maintain your membership dues during your term. If you fall delinquent in your membership dues (30 days after expiring), the board has the right to vote and remove you.

Please Note: The DRTC executive board amended these rules by vote on 12/30/2012.

WhiteRT
07-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Either way - if I did that it would be shit show #48 so I chose not to cut and paste - but there it is front and center.

Danno
07-01-2015, 08:16 PM
And FWIW, I have a copy of a set of participation guidelines that were unofficial that Mike Williams and Jim Burr and Lori Lang put together back in 00 or so that we used to hold all reps accountable too. Some of it was put in the bylaws above, other bits of it were left out, but for the most part what was posted above has been the expectation of the exec board from the beginning....

stevenz1inoc
07-01-2015, 09:34 PM
As I said in another Thread, Sunday's are going to be hard for me to do for a call in. We need to look to other days as well, mid week.

SB440R/T
07-01-2015, 09:58 PM
As I said in another Thread, Sunday's are going to be hard for me to do for a call in. We need to look to other days as well, mid week.

I am all for mid-week. Easier for me to remember.

MOPARS&FiREARMS_66
07-01-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm in for whichever day, just wish it was earlier for us east coast guys

stevenz1inoc
07-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Hmm, Monday, Wednesday, or Friday at 9:00 pm EST would work for me, that's 6 pm West Coast.

1EVILR/T
07-01-2015, 11:43 PM

What day is good for you, so we can possibly change it up.

1EVILR/T
07-01-2015, 11:44 PM
In that case, I'll post a video of me destroying my meet shirt

Don, we have you down for a plain black shirt, why on earth would you wanna ruin that?

Lonesoldier79
07-02-2015, 01:13 AM
I guess since I missed a meeting I am on probation. I'll go choke myself and cry in the corner....in all seriousness my apologies and if it happens again please don't hesitate to remove me from my position.

krs1r/t
07-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Monday or Wednesday nights around 6est

madboy
07-02-2015, 01:46 AM
The minutes are really not the best place for a discussion on when to have the next meeting - please move those to the exec forum.

Thanks! :biggthumpup:

PeteRT
07-02-2015, 03:00 AM
Love the minutes. Thanks.

Hugh Jassole
07-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Don, we have you down for a plain black shirt, why on earth would you wanna ruin that?

no flag ? cool, nevermind. thanks