PDA

View Full Version : No Radio power

mrcoolaidkid
05-10-2015, 04:29 AM
So I wanted to start upgrading my truck but I need to get all the small broken stuff done first and one of those is the radio so I bought a cheep head unit because when I bought the truck the faceplate was missing :( and hooked it up and it gets power and comes on but no sound when I first turn it on I here a pop from the speakers not loud just enought to here it with out the engine running but have no idea what to do

Lonesoldier79
05-10-2015, 04:46 AM
Are you running your speakers off an amp or off the deck? I had the same issue with the fist deck I swapped out the stock unit for. It was a cheap sony deck from walmart. The second deck I tried was a cheap ouku from eBay and it worked just fine. I figured either it was installation error.

mrcoolaidkid
05-10-2015, 04:49 AM
Are you running your speakers off an amp or off the deck? I had the same issue with the fist deck I swapped out the stock unit for. It was a cheap sony deck from walmart. The second deck I tried was a cheap ouku from eBay and it worked just fine. I figured either it was installation error.

Off the deck this is like a dull brand deck I'm going to try and put some speakers on the deck that arnt in the car tomarrow just to see if it'd the deck or wireing or speakers

Lonesoldier79
05-10-2015, 05:42 AM
Don't do it. Replace the deck. I've had a few buddies that had the same issue with dual decks. You're better off replacing the deck first believe me. Just to be sure take off one door panel with the deck turned on and check the speakers for voltage. I bet the deck will be powered up and the speaker will be dead.

mrcoolaidkid
05-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Don't do it. Replace the deck. I've had a few buddies that had the same issue with dual decks. You're better off replacing the deck first believe me. Just to be sure take off one door panel with the deck turned on and check the speakers for voltage. I bet the deck will be powered up and the speaker will be dead.
I will try that and so your saying if there is no power to the speakers then it's the speakers if not it's the deck?

Lonesoldier79
05-10-2015, 03:09 PM
No I'm saying the deck could power up but no juice to the speakers. I know a few guys who bought that brand stereo and same thing deck turns on but no sound.

mrcoolaidkid
05-11-2015, 12:39 AM
No I'm saying the deck could power up but no juice to the speakers. I know a few guys who bought that brand stereo and same thing deck turns on but no sound.
Got a new head unit and works just can't turn it past 7 on volume speakers??? If so what kind should I get

Lonesoldier79
05-11-2015, 12:49 AM
Get a Sony, jvc, pioneer from walmart if you are strapped for cash. Stay away from dual.

mrcoolaidkid
05-11-2015, 02:34 AM
Get a Sony, jvc, pioneer from walmart if you are strapped for cash. Stay away from dual.

I got a jvc for like 150 now and it is working just can't go past 7

Lonesoldier79
05-11-2015, 02:42 AM
what happens when you turn it up?

mrcoolaidkid
05-11-2015, 02:46 AM
what happens when you turn it up?

It just doesn't make any sound at all sometimes I can get to 8 and I'm trying to make these speakers last for another 2 weeks till I can get some $$ for new speakers and a sub