PDA

View Full Version : New Exec board positions???

hskr
04-26-2015, 02:51 AM
So, I see posts about divisional rep spots opening up due to Div Reps moving into Exec positions. Is there any plan to actually announce to all the DRTC Members who the new Exec Board members are? I mean, come on. How many people other than thee Exec board members themselves even knew there were elections being held? I thought there was supposed to be a little more transparency to the members instead of all the closed doors, for privileged members only shit going on. :idunno:

WhiteRT
04-26-2015, 03:57 AM
Well according to the bylaws the exec positions are elected within the board. The changes haven't even been finalized until today. That said josh moving to sec via a legit vote and Shawn moving to vp via a legit vote was announced. The unfilled positions are open for noms. All in 24 hours. Shawn will make an announcement about it at some point this weekend. He has his daughters so give him a second. The president noms will be taking place as well as a vote. That will be announced when complete. Now this is all being done per the bylaws. If you don't like the bylaws then once the new people proposed some changes that make sense.

NicksRTCC01
04-26-2015, 04:12 AM
Sounds like we are in North Korea. Where's kim Jong? Is he the new prez?

hskr
04-26-2015, 05:16 AM
Well according to the bylaws the exec positions are elected within the board. The changes haven't even been finalized until today. That said josh moving to sec via a legit vote and Shawn moving to vp via a legit vote was announced. The unfilled positions are open for noms. All in 24 hours. Shawn will make an announcement about it at some point this weekend. He has his daughters so give him a second. The president noms will be taking place as well as a vote. That will be announced when complete. Now this is all being done per the bylaws. If you don't like the bylaws then once the new people proposed some changes that make sense.

Where was this announcement you speak of for sec and VP? Other than the threads about divisional spots now being open, there wasn't any announcement specifically about the new exec positions and who they are.

Cheezie
04-26-2015, 03:48 PM
I agree with the bylaws. But I think the general thoughts are this.....

It is the members divisional reps responsibility to vote, or suggest to the people voting, a manner that reflects the wishes of the divisions members. Not merely their own thoughts and feelings.

So, how do the divisional reps know what way their members want the votes to go if no one has been asked, or even been made aware, that these things were going on.

The members and club as a whole should be made aware of these things prior to their actually happening. Not after.
After the meeting and vote the minutes should be posted in an area that is known and accessible to the membership.

1EVILR/T
04-26-2015, 04:38 PM
You guys are 100% right, IMO it should be the responsibility of the div rep to post it in the correct div, damn good points

Cheezie
04-26-2015, 04:41 PM
You guys are 100% right, IMO it should be the responsibility of the div rep to post it in the correct div, damn good points

:biggthumpup:

RTchas
04-26-2015, 09:39 PM
To bad 90% of the Reps don't do shit on the Board and only show up to vote when emails and PMs tell them to vote or Be removed .

This was one point I was making , get in the game or get the fuck out and let a member who's active in. I guess thats one reason I'm not vp now :jester:

In fact after I went off during my election about Lazy Reps I saw two voters changed votes against me:roflmao:

Its sad when only 9 guys vote without having to be told.

We've got Reps who don't keep up their member dues and only check in every 6 months too.

I'm fine with how this all went down , I asked to be voted on and Jim asked Shawn to step up.
He did and so Congrats to Shawn:biggthumpup:

No Butthurt here.

But I will be Butthurt if you new leaders don't follow thru with making these toads accountable and kick them to the curb.

Get active or get out !

Steven Z was right when he said that two months ago.

As a division representative your job is to represent your membership you should be organizing car shows , track events and encouraging members to make the Clubs national meet whether it be in your division or another division you should promote it and membership in the club or on the forum.

I've seen it done in D1 a lot we meet up at the track to race , Go Karts for fun and Carlisle every year.
We've taken groups to the last 3 NATS and have strong bond in D1.

You don't see that in other Divisions and I blame the Reps .

"The Beard " has made more effort to "stalk" R/T owners then 90% of this board.

And he made the Nats last year and only has a V6 Dak !!

My hope is That some of the new "active reps " who I still talk to daily will bust out of this "drive by voter" mindset and clear house with fresh blood.

You've already chopped the head off.

To the PAID membership KNOW your Reps and follow their activity here get involved if you like the club and you're passionate about the RT this club needs you to step up! You can work to get your lazy rep removed and take their spot.

The funny thing is a lot of these reps who don't even login here anymore on a weekly basis let alone daily , can be seen on Facebook every day liking dumb shit.

I can say this now cause I'm out of the mix

I know the current active leadership agrees with this, they may not openly say it on the forum because they have to work with these reps just as Jim Ed and myself never really openly called out division reps for these issues.

It has to change or this club will suffer.

D1 will have a list of guys I know I've heard from 3 who want in and they are not loved on here but they love their R/T and wanna help and that's what should matter.

Not some guy who doesn't post here but is loved over on FB or another site.

Get R dune Boys ! :drtc_logo001:

BryanRT360
04-26-2015, 11:19 PM
To bad 90% of the Reps don't do shit on the Board and only show up to vote when emails and PMs tell them to vote or Be removed .

This was one point I was making , get in the game or get the fuck out and let a member who's active in. I guess thats one reason I'm not vp now :jester:

In fact after I went off during my election about Lazy Reps I saw two voters changed votes against me:roflmao:

We've got Reps who don't keep up their member dues and only check in every 6 months too.

I'm fine with how this all went down , I asked to be voted on and Jim asked Shawn to step up.

No Butthurt here.

But I will be Butthurt if you new leaders don't follow thru with making these toads accountable and kick them to the curb.

Get active or get out !

As a division representative your job is to represent your membership you should be organizing car shows , track events and encouraging members to make the Clubs national meet whether it be in your division or another division you should promote it and membership in the club or on the forum.

I've seen it done in D1 a lot we meet up at the track to race , Go Karts for fun and Carlisle every year.

My hope is That some of the new "active reps " who I still talk to daily will bust out of this "drive by voter" mindset and clear house with fresh blood.

To the PAID membership KNOW your Reps and follow their activity here get involved if you like the club and you're passionate about the RT this club needs you to step up! You can work to get your lazy rep removed and take their spot.

The funny thing is a lot of these reps who don't even login here anymore on a weekly basis let alone daily , can be seen on Facebook every day liking dumb shit.

I know the current active leadership agrees with this, they may not openly say it on the forum because they have to work with these reps just as Jim Ed and myself never really openly called out division reps for these issues.

D1 will have a list of guys I know I've heard from 3 who want in and they are not loved on here but they love their R/T and wanna help and that's what should matter.

Get R dune Boys ! :drtc_logol001:

U guys need me back on the board stiring shit up! I didn't fuck around!

dstoots
04-26-2015, 11:20 PM
Well said rtchas. I would only suggest that you might try to get reps. from different geological areas of a Division. You guys up in PA/NJ seem to have it together. I would like to see someone from down here VA as a rep. How about Charley Hawkins, he's been working to get the local members active. I would help D1 any way I can and have offered but have not been called upon.

This split up of reps. in any given Div. applies, not just D1.. Just some thoughts for the new leaders to get better participation. Not sure we need to stir up shit.

SB440R/T
04-27-2015, 12:52 AM

No Butthurt here.

Get active or get out !

You were the VP, how was none of what you said pushed? You had the power to remove Reps if they were not doing their job. Hell where is the guy that took the div 2 position? Seen him on here a couple times since then.

Lonesoldier79
04-27-2015, 01:26 AM
You were the VP, how was none of what you said pushed? You had the power to remove Reps if they were not doing their job. Hell where is the guy that took the div 2 position? Seen him on here a couple times since then.

^ troof. I wouldn't place blame on the VP. We all have our own shit going on.

SB440R/T
04-27-2015, 01:38 AM
^ troof. I wouldn't place blame on the VP. We all have our own shit going on.

When people have their own shit going on they know they should step down. Many have done it before. The problem is not holding people accountable. I am not blaming Chas, it was and is a problem as a group, not an individual. The real question is is the group as a whole indifferent about things of this nature.

Lonesoldier79
04-27-2015, 02:29 AM
When people have their own shit going on they know they should step down. Many have done it before. The problem is not holding people accountable. I am not blaming Chas, it was and is a problem as a group, not an individual. The real question is is the group as a whole indifferent about things of this nature.

I hear ya Airborne. You of all people I would trust to
lead Dave. Loyalty Duty Respect Selfless service Honor Integrity Personal courage aren't just words.

hskr
04-27-2015, 02:48 AM
I've tried asking the "older" Div 5 Rep that I know isn't active if he actually wants to be a rep or not. I thought we were friends, but he never replies when I ask him about the Div Rep spot, but has replied on other things. What does it take to remove inactive reps if they are going to willingly step down? There NEEDS to be an official process for that, just like there has to be standards set for minimum activity, and not just showing up on voting day and checking a box.

jmaack727
04-27-2015, 04:07 AM
I nominate potato.

Motorhead
04-27-2015, 04:57 AM

:roflmao: Stalkin' Steve Beard..........(not related to Frank Beard of ZZ Top).
Question is, what would it take to get an enthusiastic member like this nominated or elected to a executive club posistion?????...... even though he doesn't have an R/T???:biggthumpup:

Lonesoldier79
04-27-2015, 05:26 AM
Question is, what would it take to get an enthusiastic member like this nominated or elected to a executive club posistion?????...... even though he doesn't have an R/T???:biggthumpup:

That's a very good point and question.

1EVILR/T
04-27-2015, 10:30 AM
I've tried asking the "older" Div 5 Rep that I know isn't active if he actually wants to be a rep or not. I thought we were friends, but he never replies when I ask him about the Div Rep spot, but has replied on other things. What does it take to remove inactive reps if they are going to willingly step down? There NEEDS to be an official process for that, just like there has to be standards set for minimum activity, and not just showing up on voting day and checking a box.

You have a good point, BUT until recently there was never any chatter of relieving reps of their duty for being inactive, so we as a whole have to come up with a legit and respectful way to go about it

SB440R/T
04-27-2015, 10:54 AM

We tried that but the board voted to only allow RT owners from holding positions even after the board voted as a majority to allow them to be considered.

lunchbox
04-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Yep and then Dave you should be the one to represent div2! IMOP.
If I known it was such a big deal I would rather be a paid member!
Steve is a very active person with the club but getting the div to come together as a group is an act of God. It's not like an LS or charger forum.
Just saying
I had a get together and he was the only individual to show besides Jody Fryer.

WhiteRT
04-27-2015, 01:51 PM
I actually used Steve in an example of someone I think would be a great board member vs having a vacant seat. I was told verbatim "if they cared that much about the club they would buy an RT" ..... I can tell you that I disagree with that, why not if he is out pushing the club???? But I will be bringing it up again as I have some ideas on the subject that are backed by logic, I would love to see guys with a love for the club be able to participate even if they don't own an rt

Danno
04-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Glad to see so many people are coming around on this thought process...

Motorhead
04-27-2015, 04:37 PM
We tried that but the board voted to only allow RT owners from holding positions even after the board voted as a majority to allow them to be considered.

It is a minor change that could go a long ways to benifit the entire club............the old way of thinking has to change on many levels for this club to survive.

Danno
04-27-2015, 04:41 PM

WhiteRT
04-27-2015, 04:42 PM
It is a minor change that could go a long ways to benifit the entire club............the old way of thinking has to change on many levels for this club to survive.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggthumpup::hail::drtc_logo001:

99dart
04-27-2015, 05:00 PM

:biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:

SB440R/T
04-27-2015, 09:19 PM

If I remember it was about 68% in favor of changing it, but he old board refused to change any of that. Tom would have done quite a bit for the club and has one of the nicest trucks that is very much in line with the R/T persona.

RTchas
04-27-2015, 09:47 PM
I nominate potato.

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz4/rtchas/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/2015-04/D36F13B1-EFF1-4612-AB6B-CA4123670E58_zpsr3qzftjj.jpg (http://s808.photobucket.com/user/rtchas/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/2015-04/D36F13B1-EFF1-4612-AB6B-CA4123670E58_zpsr3qzftjj.jpg.html)

RTchas
04-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Yep and then Dave you should be the one to represent div2! IMOP.
If I known it was such a big deal I would rather be a paid member!
Steve is a very active person with the club but getting the div to come together as a group is an act of God. It's not like an LS or charger forum.
Just saying
I had a get together and he was the only individual to show besides Jody Fryer.

I think Brian is doing a hell of a job as a rookie rep! He has more input in the last 2months then his counterpart in that division that guy hasn't been seen in more than four months let alone post!:idunno:

And yet Dave you want to single out Bryan ?

And they say I'm Butthurt after loosing VP :roflmao:

RTchas
04-27-2015, 10:01 PM
As far as Non R/T owners getting on the board , I'd maybe agree with it as long as they have restrictions on their voting ability so as to protect the bylaws from name changes turning this into the "Dodge club" or the "Dakota truck club"!

Cause like I also told Todd, "

if it's only 50 paid R/T owners I'm ok with that "

I signed up to preserve the Dakota R/T

With that said the board did amend the by laws last go round with this issue .

And that 68% vote was general membership not paid members if my memory serves me right it still was not a majority vote even if it was counted as a legit poll ( which it was not)

If this board wants to change it then it will get changed .

Will it increase membership? Maybe

Will that help the club ? Sure

Will it still be a Dakota R/T Club ? Time will tell , but the next thing you'll hear is how all the sport owners feel slighted because the name doesn't include them.

You can never please everyone here.

And Steve "the stalker" would get my vote for a non R/T associate rep any day!

As would Filthy Filbert (even if he was in the Air Force):nana:

RTchas
04-27-2015, 10:03 PM
I actually used Steve in an example of someone I think would be a great board member vs having a vacant seat. I was told verbatim "if they cared that much about the club they would buy an RT" ..... I can tell you that I disagree with that, why not if he is out pushing the club???? But I will be bringing it up again as I have some ideas on the subject that are backed by logic, I would love to see guys with a love for the club be able to participate even if they don't own an rt

Oh and I trump your Logic with my idiotic views!:nana:

lunchbox
04-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Thanks Chase.
I only do this because I love the trucks.

WhiteRT
04-27-2015, 10:08 PM
oh and i trump your logic with my idiotic views!:nana:

troof

SB440R/T
04-27-2015, 10:37 PM
I think Brian is doing a hell of a job as a rookie rep! He has more input in the last 2months then his counterpart in that division that guy hasn't been seen in more than four months let alone post!:idunno:

I am not butthurt, I don't even know who the other rep is. The only reason I know about Bryan is because I ran against him and he disappeared.

SB440R/T
04-27-2015, 10:42 PM
And that 68% vote was general membership not paid members if my memory serves me right it still was not a majority vote even if it was counted as a legit poll ( which it was not)

Not a majority? We are not trying to amend the Constitution.

99rtcc
04-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Did we not have a past president that did not own an R/T?

WhiteRT
04-27-2015, 11:07 PM

Nope

SB440R/T
04-27-2015, 11:11 PM

You are probably thinking of Sean, he owned one at one point, but not toward the end of him being president.

99rtcc
04-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Got it.It was Sean I was thinking of.Good guy .

Kingst3r
04-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Im fine with letting non r/t owners hold positions, but to some extent. Lets be honest, this isnt 2005 anymore. However, this is the dakota R/T club for a reason.

Danno
04-27-2015, 11:50 PM
I would say that there would definitely have to be limits on how many non RT owners could be on the exec board. IMO that would be the best way to keep radical changes from happening to the basic club structure ( IE Mass bylaw changes to make it a Ford Focus group or something LOL ) But we do need to have a provision for those dedicated to the trucks to be able to fully participate.

stevenz1inoc
04-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Whats wrong with the Ford Focus? My girlfriend picked up a 2004 about 2 months ago and it kicks ass! LOL:finger:

Danno
04-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Oh Steven Steven Steven.... lol

:jester:

stevenz1inoc
04-28-2015, 12:25 AM
What would really piss a lot of guys of here to know is that with the SVT suspension and the SVT brakes, that little focus kicks the crap out of our trucks on the autox course! She still prefers the R/T though! I'm trying to convince her to let me turn it into a rally car.

Five9Dak
04-28-2015, 12:26 AM
I put SVT suspension on the wife's focus..... hah.

stevenz1inoc
04-28-2015, 12:45 AM
I put SVT suspension on the wife's focus..... hah.

How did you like it? It's a dramatic difference over the stock focus suspension. Not to mention the cars are so small they take to it very well. She wanted a turbo but I told her I'd have nothing to do with that because I wasn't going to build her a new engine when she blew it up! lol

1EVILR/T
04-28-2015, 12:50 AM
I personally feel that a non R/T owner can still participate in this club, take Tom Filbert as example, HUGE enthusiast of the Dakota can be a paid member but can't vote in polls, I call horse shit on that... He has had his hands on more R/T's than most of us, and he has a ton of knowledge, for him to not be able to participate in our raindeer games is BS, hell, we even put his SPOR/T on our website home page...

Cheezie
04-28-2015, 02:07 AM
I personally feel that a non R/T owner can still participate in this club, take Tom Filbert as example, HUGE enthusiast of the Dakota can be a paid member but can't vote in polls, I call horse shit on that... He has had his hands on more R/T's than most of us, and he has a ton of knowledge, for him to not be able to participate in our raindeer games is BS, hell, we even put his SPOR/T on our website home page...

He is the main person that I think of when I hear this topic come up.
The absolute perfect member, knows more about R/T's than 80% of the z-code owners on the site.
Would have been the perfect div. Rep.... and exec.
But because of the club and it's antiquated, unyielding rules, we not only lost him as a candidate for a representative position, but as a contributing member entirely.
That makes no sense....

WhiteRT
04-28-2015, 02:51 AM
He is the main person that I think of when I hear this topic come up.
The absolute perfect member, knows more about R/T's than 80% of the z-code owners on the site.
Would have been the perfect div. Rep.... and exec.
But because of the club and it's antiquated, unyielding rules, we not only lost him as a candidate for a representative position, but as a contributing member entirely.
That makes no sense....

I have some logical ideas of how this can happen without getting away from the rt club theme. Let's get some reps in the open seats and a president and see what everyone thinks once those tasks are completed.

Cheezie
04-28-2015, 02:55 AM

And after the membership as a whole voted for non owners to be offered privelages

sunike32
04-28-2015, 05:05 AM

Hey Chas, go ahead and mention my name. I'm a big boy and can handle it.

As I mentioned in another post, I created a thread in the exec forum LAST YEAR because I KNEW my new job would force me to be much less active than I wanted. I'm not sure if it makes you feel better throwing little jabs at me trying to make me look like a fool, but I'd like to clear the air and let everyone else here know that I made everyone aware of what my standing would be.

Steve '02CC
04-28-2015, 08:26 AM
I've kept out of the politics of the site because I don't know the history, and my exposure to the powers-that-be has been nothing short of positive, but I've seen my name (and beard) posted around in here and wanted to both say thanks for the kind words and offer some insight from the non-RT world when it comes to the future of the club. I believe we must KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE RT* (but with an asterisk) even if it means limiting privileges of people in my shoes.

I've loved the Gen 3 Dakota since what was probably ‘93 (not a typo: I knew they were inevitable after seeing the redesigned Ram). I bought one in '97, loved it, wrecked it, and bought my silver one a few weeks later. I was so ignorant on the Dakota world that I didn't even know what an RT was, but when I got this silver one I also gained a desire to learn about these trucks. Through that I’ve come to view the RT as both the mechanical and aesthetic elite of the brand.

Many have cited the viability of a club based on a limited-release truck that's already over a decade old, but this makes it extra important to protect the RT badge. It pisses me off when I see a beatup RT whose owner views as nothing but some "pickup truck from CraigsList for hauling shit". I’ve been a bit of a stalker and have even gone to the point of guess-timating where I can find certain RT I see on the road and getting a karaoke host to make an announcement to trick an owner into thinking their truck was damaged so that I could figure out who they were. It’s awkward approaching these total strangers, but it’s gotta be done. It bugs me greatly that none of these guys have joined the site, but at least they had a moment where they realized their truck was special enough for a complete stranger to praise.

Now for the asterisk: * What is an RT?
Why can’t we expand the club by bestowing full member privileges and the label of “Official DRTC- RT Clone” to trucks that didn’t come with the Z-Code pedigree but have been modified to meet or exceed RT mechanical specifications and aesthetic expectations? This way we can benefit from gurus like Tom Filbert while also encouraging the CREATION of more RTs. Dodge ain’t gonna do it, so why can’t we? The similarity of the different versions is the very reason this could be done and should be encouraged.

With collectability, things get painfully anal from antique lovers condemning the act of refinishing old wood furniture to nerds complaining that Isomeone removed mtheir USS Voyager model from its box to display it. If an RT can still be considered an RT when 50% of its mass has been replaced (as it should when you see the love, sweat, and tears people endure to make these gems) then why can’t a Sport be considered RT-enough if modified properly?

I have no immediate plans to buy an RT because the idea of selling my truck is on par with sending a beloved pet to the SPCA to make room for a purebred. At this point it's a part of me I'm grateful for and won't give up. Also, Dakotas aren't collectable spoons imprinted with the name of a state; these are 4,000 pound beasts the size of a small room so having a second one just isn't viable. I do plan to bring mine to RT specs, but I'm doing it Clark Howard-style by waiting for catastrophic engine or tranny failure (I already have an unused RT tranny in a box waiting for that day)

madboy
04-28-2015, 11:41 AM
I've kept out of the politics of the site because I don't know the history, and my exposure to the powers-that-be has been nothing short of positive, but I've seen my name (and beard) posted around in here and wanted to both say thanks for the kind words and offer some insight from the non-RT world when it comes to the future of the club. I believe we must KEEP THE FOCUS ON THE RT* (but with an asterisk) even if it means limiting privileges of people in my shoes.

I've loved the Gen 3 Dakota since what was probably ‘93 (not a typo: I knew they were inevitable after seeing the redesigned Ram). I bought one in '97, loved it, wrecked it, and bought my silver one a few weeks later. I was so ignorant on the Dakota world that I didn't even know what an RT was, but when I got this silver one I also gained a desire to learn about these trucks. Through that I’ve come to view the RT as both the mechanical and aesthetic elite of the brand.

Many have cited the viability of a club based on a limited-release truck that's already over a decade old, but this makes it extra important to protect the RT badge. It pisses me off when I see a beatup RT whose owner views as nothing but some "pickup truck from CraigsList for hauling shit". I’ve been a bit of a stalker and have even gone to the point of guess-timating where I can find certain RT I see on the road and getting a karaoke host to make an announcement to trick an owner into thinking their truck was damaged so that I could figure out who they were. It’s awkward approaching these total strangers, but it’s gotta be done. It bugs me greatly that none of these guys have joined the site, but at least they had a moment where they realized their truck was special enough for a complete stranger to praise.

Why can’t we expand the club by bestowing full member privileges and the label of “Official DRTC- RT Clone” to trucks that didn’t come with the Z-Code pedigree but have been modified to meet or exceed RT mechanical specifications and aesthetic expectations? This way we can benefit from gurus like Tom Filbert while also encouraging the CREATION of more RTs. Dodge ain’t gonna do it, so why can’t we? The similarity of the different versions is the very reason this could be done and should be encouraged.

With collectability, things get painfully anal from antique lovers condemning the act of refinishing old wood furniture to nerds complaining that Isomeone removed mtheir USS Voyager model from its box to display it. If an RT can still be considered an RT when 50% of its mass has been replaced (as it should when you see the love, sweat, and tears people endure to make these gems) then why can’t a Sport be considered RT-enough if modified properly?

I have no immediate plans to buy an RT because the idea of selling my truck is on par with sending a beloved pet to the SPCA to make room for a purebred. At this point it's a part of me I'm grateful for and won't give up. Also, Dakotas aren't collectable spoons imprinted with the name of a state; these are 4,000 pound beasts the size of a small room so having a second one just isn't viable. I do plan to bring mine to RT specs, but I'm doing it Clark Howard-style by waiting for catastrophic engine or tranny failure (I already have an unused RT tranny in a box waiting for that day)

I don't think it's ever been said better! :biggthumpup:

:drtc_logo001::r/t smile:

Danno
04-28-2015, 02:33 PM

I see why many people think you would make a great rep! You have my vote!

Well stated and thought out. :biggthumpup:

FlyinRyan
04-28-2015, 03:58 PM

Well stated, but I'm still never taking your goofy ass to a strip club ever again. :jester:

99dart
04-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Very well stated! :biggthumpup:

chase1500
04-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Your the man Steve.

Cheezie
04-28-2015, 09:00 PM

Absolutely perfect

Broo42
04-28-2015, 09:40 PM
You nailed it, Steve. :biggthumpup:

PeteRT
04-29-2015, 02:21 AM
I would love to see guys with a love for the club be able to participate even if they don't own an rt
this is the best i ever put together on the subject.. I stuck it in your "State of the Union" thread and it never went anywhere. It needs another set of eyes, but it's a start:

"I'd like to focus on the topic of why a club representative must be a current or prior R/T owner. Per the bylaws, a non-R/T owner may gain membership two ways: one is an honorary member and the other an associate member. Per the bylaws, an associate member has no voting rights and is not eligible for a representative or executive position. One can only conclude that honorary members CAN vote and hold office, because those privileges are not specifically denied to them within the bylaws like they are for associate members.

Nowhere does it say that honorary members must own a certain vehicle. Nowhere does it say that honorary members are excluded from being a representative.

Excerpts from Article III
2. Honorary Membership. An honorary member shall be an individual whose particular efforts on behalf of Dakota R/T’s are exceptional and noteworthy. An honorary member shall be nominated by the floor and accepted by a majority vote of a quorum of members.

5. The Club may reserve the option to allow non-owners to join the Club under the status of Associate Member. In such circumstances, the Associate Members will not have voting privileges, nor hold executive office.

Excerpt from Article IV
5. Division representatives shall be nominated and elected by the regular paid club members of that division

Article IV offers one of the best rejections of an honorary member's ability to hold office by including the phrasing "regular paid club members." However, this is in reference to the paid membership making the nomination of any person they want "from the floor." It has nothing to do with the desires of the exec board, aside from that last little all encompassing tid-bit: 7. The executive board is hereby granted the exclusive power and discretion to reject applications or abolish the membership of any person. Such action shall be taken by this executive board as a group.

I'd like to know how many honorary members we have (I know there are a few), when was the last nomination, and acceptance(or reject)."

posted originally, here: http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?32968-State-of-the-DRTC-union&p=454931&viewfull=1#post454931

hskr
04-29-2015, 02:36 AM
So Before we go re-inventing the wheel, why not fix what we have now and get it working again. The quickest route to do that is boot the inactive Div Reps and get someone in there that wants to be in there. Even if that means a non-R/T owner. The bylaws specifically state former R/T owners can be included. Other than 100% honesty, what's to keep someone from saying they owned a R/T at some point in the past. There is nothing in the bylaws requiring any sort of proof of ownership and it would be hard to produce that anyways.

RTchas
04-29-2015, 11:49 AM
E
this is the best i ever put together on the subject.. I stuck it in your "State of the Union" thread and it never went anywhere. It needs another set of eyes, but it's a start:

"I'd like to focus on the topic of why a club representative must be a current or prior R/T owner. Per the bylaws, a non-R/T owner may gain membership two ways: one is an honorary member and the other an associate member. Per the bylaws, an associate member has no voting rights and is not eligible for a representative or executive position. One can only conclude that honorary members CAN vote and hold office, because those privileges are not specifically denied to them within the bylaws like they are for associate members.

Nowhere does it say that honorary members must own a certain vehicle. Nowhere does it say that honorary members are excluded from being a representative.

Excerpts from Article III
2. Honorary Membership. An honorary member shall be an individual whose particular efforts on behalf of Dakota R/T’s are exceptional and noteworthy. An honorary member shall be nominated by the floor and accepted by a majority vote of a quorum of members.

5. The Club may reserve the option to allow non-owners to join the Club under the status of Associate Member. In such circumstances, the Associate Members will not have voting privileges, nor hold executive office.

Excerpt from Article IV
5. Division representatives shall be nominated and elected by the regular paid club members of that division

Article IV offers one of the best rejections of an honorary member's ability to hold office by including the phrasing "regular paid club members." However, this is in reference to the paid membership making the nomination of any person they want "from the floor." It has nothing to do with the desires of the exec board, aside from that last little all encompassing tid-bit: 7. The executive board is hereby granted the exclusive power and discretion to reject applications or abolish the membership of any person. Such action shall be taken by this executive board as a group.

I'd like to know how many honorary members we have (I know there are a few), when was the last nomination, and acceptance(or reject)."

posted originally, here: http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?32968-State-of-the-DRTC-union&p=454931&viewfull=1#post454931

It never went anywhere with past admin because it's got no point .

Most of the clubs honorary members are deceased members.
There are several honorary members from back when the club was founded who I have never even heard of.
There's an honorary membership for a police department in California because they had a highway patrol Dakota RT.

And most recently John Jansic Who hosted the club at his house at last years Nats.
Mr. Jansic while a Diehard Mopar enthusiast to my knowledge has never visited the website nor do I think you will see him coming on to it anytime in the future.
It really seems like a reach to say honorary members will have an influence here.:idunno:

And I'm sorry your post was not answered during the SOTU .

At that time I felt it better I not ad fuel to fire in the thread.

RTchas
04-29-2015, 11:58 AM
So Before we go re-inventing the wheel, why not fix what we have now and get it working again. The quickest route to do that is boot the inactive Div Reps and get someone in there that wants to be in there. Even if that means a non-R/T owner. The bylaws specifically state former R/T owners can be included. Other than 100% honesty, what's to keep someone from saying they owned a R/T at some point in the past. There is nothing in the bylaws requiring any sort of proof of ownership and it would be hard to produce that anyways.

If one was to enter this Community "unknow " to any of the membership and claim to be a former R/T owner I'm sure our membership would "trust but verify " their claims .

So while yes it is an honor system you can be sure we will police ourselves . I doubt the division members would elect a member they don't know and never saw with an R/T .

This isn't to say it couldn't happen.

And to your other point I agree 100% remove Brandon Pulliam he hasn't even paid his basic Dues which per the By laws is required !!!

Next step look at Justin Basset and his lack of activity on the board , and there are more but those two where in my sites!
The rest need to be a case by case .

Motorhead
04-29-2015, 02:54 PM

Nice.........so a person could in fact buy an R/T and sell it the same day, without ever driving it, and still satisfy the prerequisite of being a former owner......:jester:

PeteRT
04-29-2015, 03:08 PM

You missed the point. I would have continued had you wanted to "fuel the fire" (if that's what you call civilized conversation?)… The bylaws do not specifically say that honorary members can't hold executive office. Why are we not making honorary members of guys like Steve, making them eligible for positions that everyone seems to want guys like that in, especially when there are so many flat-out deadbeat reps? Nothing says we can't. Does some mopar guy that hosted a few club members one time have more a claim to the club than daily positive contributors?

this is all it takes:

WhiteRT
04-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Imo the bylaws just need to be amended to allow associate members to hold a rep spot. Max of 1 AM per division, the 4 execs would remain RT owners. That keeps the integrity of the club theme of the RT yet allows any enthusiast to participate. I have this all written out for an exec board discussion once it settles from recent changes and such.

PeteRT
04-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Changing the by-laws would be easier, yes. They also need amending to allow for irregular meetings.

Branx5.9
04-29-2015, 09:23 PM
If one was to enter this Community "unknow " to any of the membership and claim to be a former R/T owner I'm sure our membership would "trust but verify " their claims .

So while yes it is an honor system you can be sure we will police ourselves . I doubt the division members would elect a member they don't know and never saw with an R/T .

This isn't to say it couldn't happen.

And to your other point I agree 100%. Remove Brandon Pulliam he hasn't even paid his basic Dues which per the By laws is required !!!

Next step look at Justin Basset and his lack of activity on the board , and there are more but those two WERE in my sites!
The rest need to be a case by case .

I'll be renewing my membership tonight just for you Chas!

SB440R/T
04-29-2015, 09:40 PM
E

Most of the clubs honorary members are deceased members.
There are several honorary members from back when the club was founded who I have never even heard of.
There's an honorary membership for a police department in California because they had a highway patrol Dakota RT.

And most recently John Jansic Who hosted the club at his house at last years Nats.
Mr. Jansic while a Diehard Mopar enthusiast to my knowledge has never visited the website nor do I think you will see him coming on to it anytime in the future.
It really seems like a reach to say honorary members will have an influence here.:idunno:

And I'm sorry your post was not answered during the SOTU .

At that time I felt it better I not ad fuel to fire in the thread.

Was the last hoopla not all over Tom not being able to hold a position? How was he not made an honorary member?

Broo42
04-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Was the last hoopla not all over Tom not being able to hold a position? How was he not made an honorary member?

Word

Cheezie
04-29-2015, 09:42 PM

That was even suggested at one point

Branx5.9
04-29-2015, 09:49 PM

No Butthurt here.

Get active or get out !

I don't really understand the incessant remarks coming from you Chas. I explained to you via text my current life situation and told you that you could remove me from my position as a D3 rep. So you being the VP had the power to do that and my granted permission. I don't understand what the issue is/was?

Fast forward a few months and normality is coming back into my life. I'll be more than happy to work with the current leadership and get this thing back to where it should be!:thumbs:

Danno
04-29-2015, 09:59 PM
I don't really understand the incessant remarks coming from you Chas. I explained to you via text my current life situation and told you that you could remove me from my position as a D3 rep. So you being the VP had the power to do that and my granted permission. I don't understand what the issue is/was?

Fast forward a few months and normality is coming back into my life. I'll be more than happy to work with the current leadership and get this thing back to where it should be!:thumbs:

Nice! :rockwoot:

SB440R/T
04-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Chas, I would show you the poll I had trying to persuade the board that we needed to change the bylaws because you said he could not hold a position because he was not a "real" member. However, that poll was quickly deleted an you sent me a PM saying I was just inciting anger.

hskr
04-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Not sure how it san be done, but before bylaws get changed, we should have all the Div rep positions filled by active people to ensure each division has a fair vote in the process. There also needs to be discussion within the divisions by the division reps with the membership to make sure the right vote is being cast based on what the members want, not the personal feelings of the Div Rep.

hskr
04-29-2015, 10:13 PM
How bout this, throw out an ultimatum to all the inactive, or all in general, division reps. Require them to maintain a minimum amount of activity on the board or within the division they represent for minimum of one month. If they can't meet that requirement they forfeit their position and it will become open for vote.

Danno
04-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Not sure how it san be done, but before bylaws get changed, we should have all the Div rep positions filled by active people to ensure each division has a fair vote in the process. There also needs to be discussion within the divisions by the division reps with the membership to make sure the right vote is being cast based on what the members want, not the personal feelings of the Div Rep.

I believe that is the plan, but we always like to chatter about stuff as well. Its good that people are actively seeking and thinking about ways we can make this better for everyone going forward. That is ideal!

WhiteRT
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
I am under the understanding that all rep spots empty right is the first priority - anything else that is gonna happen will happen after that.

y2krtaf
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Couldn’t agree more Brian.

1EVILR/T
04-30-2015, 01:01 AM
I am under the understanding that all rep spots empty right is the first priority - anything else that is gonna happen will happen after that.

That's afirmative ghost rider

Guys please remember that if it wasn't Chas's idea it wasn't a good idea...

RTchas
04-30-2015, 02:49 AM

Great News ! Hope all is well and good luck Rep'n your division , hope you make the Nats !

And as for your text resignation, that can't be used from what the leadership told me you had to login and formally step down . I Was one cog in the machine here Gents not the whole gear set ONE COG yet because I was most vocal I get all the Glory for every fuck up . Cool I got brood shoulders pile on!
And had you came on and shared your issues with all the board like you promised me I wouldn't have ever put you on blast , you didn't live up to your end of the bargin and went MIA before Xmas and left Tim thinking he was going to run for your spot. Tim even called me to talk about replacing you.

Owell best of luck with everything .

RTchas
04-30-2015, 02:52 AM
Guys please remember that no one posted anything cause they didn't have time for DRTC shit

Fixed :biggthumpup:

Branx5.9
04-30-2015, 02:59 AM
Great News ! Hope all is well and good luck Rep'n your division , hope you make the Nats !

And as for your text resignation, that can't be used from what the leadership told me you had to login and formally step down . I Was one cog in the machine here Gents not the whole gear set ONE COG yet because I was most vocal I get all the Glory for every fuck up . Cool I got broad shoulders pile on!
And had you came on and shared your issues with all the board like you promised me I wouldn't have ever put you on blast , you didn't live up to your end of the bargin and went MIA before Xmas and left Tim thinking he was going to run for your spot. Tim even called me to talk about replacing you.

Owell best of luck with everything .

Seriously, quit being childish. Get off your high horse, you're really talking about things that you have no business talking about. Sometimes actual things happen in real life, I know this might be a shocker to you. Anyways you have my cell number now. If you wanna be a adult and actually talk you're welcome to call or text me.

RTchas
04-30-2015, 02:59 AM
Chas, I would show you the poll I had trying to persuade the board that we needed to change the bylaws because you said he could not hold a position because he was not a "real" member. However, that poll was quickly deleted an you sent me a PM saying I was just inciting anger.

You where the Nail that day and I was the hammer at the time . I'm sure it's how it went down and that was a different time here .

I can see I will never get a pass on my discretions here :jester:

The point Pete was making was lost thou in his post , at
Least that's not how "some" of the board took it at the time .

I can see his point now and it's got some legitimacy hope the New Board cN figure it all out without taking away "WHO " we are as the DRTC .

RTchas
04-30-2015, 03:03 AM
Seriously, quit being childish. Get off your high horse, you're really talking about things that you have no business talking about. Sometimes actual things happen in real life, I know this might be a shocker to you. Anyways you have my cell number now. If you wanna be a adult and actually talk you're welcome to call or text me.

Yea I'm serious I went to Jim and told him you needed to step down , he would only take you coming back and telling the board you wanted out. That's how it was always done and you texted me saying you'd handle it in Dec.

RTchas
04-30-2015, 03:07 AM
How bout this, throw out an ultimatum to all the inactive, or all in general, division reps. Require them to maintain a minimum amount of activity on the board or within the division they represent for minimum of one month. If they can't meet that requirement they forfeit their position and it will become open for vote.

That's great idea make it part of the Bylaws and then it can be enforced .
I had started to post who wasn't voting in board polls to show membership what reps aren't active in board business .

I think it should still be public info as to who does and doesn't vote in board polls .

But I leave that up to new guy and his plate is full these days

Branx5.9
04-30-2015, 03:26 AM
Yea I'm serious I went to Jim and told him you needed to step down , he would only take you coming back and telling the board you wanted out. That's how it was always done and you texted me saying you'd handle it in Dec.

I didn't log back in and for good reason. That reason is now gone from the executive board I'll openly admit that because I'm not a "liar", "keyboard jockey" or a "pussy" as you so eloquently put it. Let's leave this crap out of here and let constructive talk about the forum reside here instead of our argumentative banter.

PeteRT
04-30-2015, 02:51 PM
The point Pete was making was lost thou in his post , at
Least that's not how "some" of the board took it at the time .

I can see his point now and it's got some legitimacy hope the New Board cN figure it all out without taking away "WHO " we are as the DRTC .

It's not me being unclear, it's the idea I present has been flatly ignored because there is no legitimate counter argument against it. Did I read correctly there was even a poll about this after my div3 departure? And it was deleted? Is that "WHO" the drtc is now? :nono:

WhiteRT
04-30-2015, 03:33 PM
It's not me being unclear, it's the idea I present has been flatly ignored because there is no legitimate counter argument against it. Did I read correctly there was even a poll about this after my div3 departure? And it was deleted? Is that "WHO" the drtc is now? :nono:

Nope - that is being changed as we speak!!

Danno
04-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Nope - that is being changed as we speak!!

:rockwoot: