PDA

View Full Version : Would have been nice

NicksRTCC01
03-26-2015, 07:33 PM
A little heads up on price changing for unlimited tunes would have made several of us buy the unlimited package. I'm sad. I understand the point behind it though. Hopefully my 408 will only need a couple retunes.:stoner:

00"Dakdak
03-27-2015, 12:02 AM
He has been giving a "heads up" for the past few months.

FlyinRyan
03-27-2015, 01:37 AM
A little heads up on price changing for unlimited tunes would have made several of us buy the unlimited package. I'm sad. I understand the point behind it though. Hopefully my 408 will only need a couple retunes.:stoner:

Sorry you don't value my time like I do.
I've been putting people on notice that unlimited tuning was going away....Honestly, I intended to do away with it months ago, just been so busy that it took considerable amount of time to come up with a new system that was fair for both myself and the end user as well as putting it up on the www.airram.com website.
I've had unlimited tuning available for 3 years now- I feel this is a substantial amount of time, and I have gone to great lengths to retune setup after setup for what most would consider a modest fee, without charging or asking for extra to cover additional time, regardless of how much BS I had to sort through.
If I felt the unlimited tuning model worked- early on it did- I would absolutely have kept it.
It hasn't, and hasn't for a long time now.
When I first started, the trucks were mostly bolt ons. 4-5 tunes, and done. Customer was happy, and felt no need to go further.

Now....its bolt ons, then a few months later, heads/cam, then 6 months later 408 time, then 408 with nitrous....all for the price of one tune. All the while chasing exhaust leaks and fuel pressure problems.
You do the math. I'd be making more if I asked if you wanted fries with that.

Provided your setup is mechanically sound, it should take well within the 10 revision limit I am placing on NA tunes.

NicksRTCC01
03-27-2015, 02:04 AM
I'm not upset by any means. I've always heard good things about you. I've only been on here 14 months or so as a member and read a lot on here many times for years before that. Just wished I had seen the thread where it said it. I don't mind paying for tunes. My srt-4 had to go to a dyno each time for tuning and that got expensive and the drive to Dallas and the day off work. But I still payed it and had a 450whp srt-4 out of it. I just missed out on a good deal. Really too good of a deal. That's all :dumbass234: