PDA

View Full Version : lets see what u guys think......

BAdassR/T
10-06-2008, 12:29 AM
ight so me and my buddy went and dropped off the srt8 jeep today to get the turbo installed... i started talking to the guy about my truck and asked him what he could do for me... he said he can do anything i want, and highly recommended turbos over superchargers...... he can build me a custom set up for a pretty good price too.....
what are your thoughts and opinions on this..
im personally thinking of taking up the offer.. and going ahead and doing it sometime in the spring..

uwntsumrtII
10-06-2008, 01:01 AM
does he plan to build the motor as well?

SB440R/T
10-06-2008, 02:13 AM
ight so me and my buddy went and dropped off the srt8 jeep today to get the turbo installed... i started talking to the guy about my truck and asked him what he could do for me... he said he can do anything i want, and highly recommended turbos over superchargers...... he can build me a custom set up for a pretty good price too.....
what are your thoughts and opinions on this..
im personally thinking of taking up the offer.. and going ahead and doing it sometime in the spring..

Is this PIE in DE? I am building my truck there. I think you could get about 350 rwhp with a stock block and not worry to much about it.

BAdassR/T
10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
nah its in NJ time tuning performance... in south Jersey... idk i really didnt talk to him much about it but he mentioned he could def make a custom one since there really isnt anything out there for this stupid truck... hes all into turbos and i guess im gonna have to go with that one... i dont really want to break down the engine too much b/c i want to be able to drive it without getting 6 mpg lol.. ill prob do heads possibly cams dont know yet..
any other input would be sweet...

SB440R/T
10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
I would check out performanceinjectionequipment.com and see what he has to say about a turbo system. He is planning on marketing a kit for out trucks. He has already done a couple of truck on here and not real complaint. He is doing my black truck with a full bottom end and paxton supercharger. His screename on here is perfinj.

Jontoad
10-07-2008, 01:37 AM
idahoRT on the delphi forums has a turbo 4.7 and so does duner. might want to get a hold of them. duners 4.7 was turning sub 12 second quarter mile runs on a single turbo.

BAdassR/T
10-07-2008, 02:13 AM
nice glad to hear someone has done a 4.7 turbo.......
yeah ill check them out
thanks....

BryanRT360
10-07-2008, 03:11 AM
nah its in NJ time tuning performance... in south Jersey... idk i really didnt talk to him much about it but he mentioned he could def make a custom one since there really isnt anything out there for this stupid truck... hes all into turbos and i guess im gonna have to go with that one... i dont really want to break down the engine too much b/c i want to be able to drive it without getting 6 mpg lol.. ill prob do heads possibly cams dont know yet..
any other input would be sweet...

Where in south Jersey? I'm 25 min. from A.C.

BAdassR/T
10-08-2008, 12:07 AM
time tuning performance in tomsriver

Five9Dak
10-08-2008, 12:12 PM
What is the compression ratio on this motor stock? What is the best fuel available in your area? Can you get e85 regularly?