PDA

View Full Version : Self moderation

BLKDAK
01-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Can we get a self moderation of posts included in the thread tools?
Too many threads get out of context, giving the OP the option to delete posts or prevent certain people from commenting on them would be a great tool.
You may have a great thread going that is very informative and then some guy comes along and ruins it with senseless babble. If the OP had the opportunity to remove the senseless babble without having to ask a mod to do it for him/her would be a lot easier and possibly prevent the thread from getting out of control.

Duner
01-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Slippery slope.

While that sounds good in theory - that also opens up way too many opportunities for "butthurt" or "vengeance" when it goes beyond moderating "babble" and extends into allowing any OP to moderate anybody he doesn't agree with or like. Way too many opportunities for flexing of internet muscles.

I think we should let the execs/moderators moderate. If the OP wants a thread cleaned up - he can always PM a request to have it done. Obviously this is all only my opinion. Everyone else may disagree.

krs1r/t
01-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Slippery slope.

While that sounds good in theory - that also opens up way too many opportunities for "butthurt" or "vengeance" when it goes beyond moderating "babble" and extends into allowing any OP to moderate anybody he doesn't agree with or like. Way too many opportunities for flexing of internet muscles.

I think we should let the execs/moderators moderate. If the OP wants a thread cleaned up - he can always PM a request to have it done. Obviously this is all only my opinion. Everyone else may disagree.

I agree bud!

Adobedude
01-22-2015, 12:24 AM
I agree bud!

You would.... :roflmao:

krs1r/t
01-22-2015, 12:47 AM
You would.... :roflmao:

I don't understand:idunno:

hskr
01-22-2015, 12:54 AM
Can we get a self moderation of posts included in the thread tools?
Too many threads get out of context, giving the OP the option to delete posts or prevent certain people from commenting on them would be a great tool.
You may have a great thread going that is very informative and then some guy comes along and ruins it with senseless babble. If the OP had the opportunity to remove the senseless babble without having to ask a mod to do it for him/her would be a lot easier and possibly prevent the thread from getting out of control.
That's funny coming from a guy who is one that replied with off topic stuff in others threads just to start shit is seems.

krs1r/t
01-22-2015, 12:55 AM
That's funny coming from a guy who is one that replied with off topic stuff in others threads just to start shit is seems.

How dare you! He is a saint!:nono:

KyleDedrick
01-22-2015, 01:21 AM
Hahahaa your fuckin hilarious hahaha

KTK00R/T
01-22-2015, 01:58 PM
I'd like to see the mods moderate? It goes both ways.

Adobedude
01-22-2015, 11:57 PM
I don't understand:idunno:

Everyone would delete your posts on their threads.

But I wouldn't, I know you're just making up for being a little guy in slow truck.

stevenz1inoc
01-23-2015, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty much for this self moderation thing. There is one person I would like to block from posting in any of my threads because as of late he hasn't had anything positive to say to anyone about anything.

krs1r/t
01-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Everyone would delete your posts on their threads.

But I wouldn't, I know you're just making up for being a little guy in slow truck.

See, you get it! I feel like I only have one friend on this site:boohoo:

Adobedude
01-23-2015, 02:35 AM
See, you get it! I feel like I only have one friend on this site:boohoo:

No humor allowed in politics and Dakota R/Ts.

:nono:

sunike32
01-23-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty much for this self moderation thing. There is one person I would like to block from posting in any of my threads because as of late he hasn't had anything positive to say to anyone about anything.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to block any member's posts that you don't want to see. I've never done it, but I think it's an option somewhere. :idunno:

stevenz1inoc
01-23-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a way to block any member's posts that you don't want to see. I've never done it, but I think it's an option somewhere. :idunno:

Not that I don't want to see it but if I make the post I don't want them posting in it because all they do is junk it up, then it gets other people to comment on that persons comment and then I end up seeing it or having to see posts related to it. I'm all for free speech but if a person has a history of spewing crap and derailing topics even for a few posts then they should do it in the off topic forum.