PDA

View Full Version : powerdyne supercharger

AM*E*LL
10-03-2008, 05:11 AM
so i just bought a powerdyne with everything i need
http://www.customdakotas.com/forums/sale-group-buys/5943-powerdyne-supercharger.html

now i got some questions i am a complete newb lol
but can i get like a different fuel pump for it or what is the thing in the secondary fuel system? would i be able to get like a holly performance one?
also i hear some thing about a sprectra airhat??
anyone have a link
just give me as much info as possible
and i have to run premium gas now correct?

TheOtherDodge
10-03-2008, 12:58 PM
You better do a little more research on blowers before you install and run it.

But, here is some info for you:

The secondary fuel pump is axillary to your main one and it boosts fuel pressure and is controled by the FMU. The FMU senses boost and will open allowing the extra fuel feed your stock injectors.

You may need to get 24lb injectors. (see below)

Your stock fuel pump will be fine.

You will have to run premium fuel now.

You will most likely have to get some sort of BTM to dial back your timing under boost.

Get the "tensior mod" or you will have belt slip. Do some research here and you will find it.

The install was pretty straight forward and not too hard. On my bone stock motor, I picked up about 80 rwhp and 90 lbs of torque with the 6lb pulley.
I was a tad lean and had to back down 18 degrees of timing to keep it from pinging. When I get more fuel to the motor, I should only have to dial back about 5 degrees timing and should pick up another 10 hp and about 15 lbs of torque.

Good luck!

AM*E*LL
10-04-2008, 12:54 AM
ya i am giving it to my buddy to install, i am currently trying to gather parts so he can redo it over winter
so far i have msd ignition, headers (getting new ones, should i get mid length or what size i will be on air bags so will i have any problems?) cai, supercharger, 2bbl m1, 52mm TB

so bigger injectors? a cam? exhaust, i wanna run true duels

AM*E*LL
10-06-2008, 05:22 AM
where can i buy a btm at??
is there one specific i need
link to it?

BluRT00
10-06-2008, 04:28 PM
where can i buy a btm at??
is there one specific i need
link to it?

Find a MSD 6AL BTM. Look to dump around 450 dollars for one new. Or hunt around Camaro/Mustang forums, they always have some forsale used. When there projects go another way. Dan

AM*E*LL
10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
So if I already have msd is there just an adaptor I can buy for it? How reliable are super chargers? I've heard about blowing head gaskets and worse, which is something I don't want to happen, anything I can do to prevent it?

BluRT00
10-06-2008, 11:54 PM
So if I already have msd is there just an adaptor I can buy for it? How reliable are super chargers? I've heard about blowing head gaskets and worse, which is something I don't want to happen, anything I can do to prevent it?

Nope you can't retro fit a BTM to a MSD box you already have that I know of. As for the headgaskets, I put new Felpro head gaskets/arp head bolts on mine. Than put the S/C on, no issues yet, and I am running 8 psi. Dan