PDA

View Full Version : Which bottle heater?

bad360rt
09-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Looking to get two bottle heaters, not sure what brand tho.

Anyone using DynoTune heaters? The heaters themselves for $50 each, no controller or anything. They also sell an automatic controller setup for $80 that turns the heaters off when the bottles reach a certain pressure.

rattler360
09-30-2008, 11:51 PM
im running a nx fire and ice unit

1FASTASSR/T
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey Dave check this out
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_fromZR46?_nkw=nitrous+bottle+heaters&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=nitros+bottle+heaters&_osacat=0
Happy shopping:beer:

uwntsumrtII
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
i think one is gonna be as good as the next. maybe the only difference between brands is the set press they turn on/off at.

bad360rt
10-01-2008, 12:07 AM
im running a nx fire and ice unit

How much did that run you and what does it do?

uwntsumrtII
10-01-2008, 12:09 AM
the fire/ice deal maintains a certain press by heating & cooling

bad360rt
10-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Hey Dave check this out
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_fromZR46?_nkw=nitrous+bottle+heaters&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=nitros+bottle+heaters&_osacat=0
Happy shopping:beer:

Thanks Joe, that's the brand I'm looking at.

i think one is gonna be as good as the next. maybe the only difference between brands is the set press they turn on/off at.

I think I'm gonna give this one a try, fully adjustable, LS1 guys seem to love 'em, and the price is right.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17

bad360rt
10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
the fire/ice deal maintains a certain press by heating & cooling

Gotcha. I saw another brand that did that, they wanted $400 for the unit, no thanks. lol

blk00rt
10-01-2008, 01:10 AM
I agree with rohe about one heater being just as good as the next. I run a heater through a relay and a switch. Nothing fancy but it works and a little cheaper than a full heater kit. About 10 dollars in parts above the heater cost.

mtlcafan79
10-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Dave needs that switch, and fuses, and relays, lots. lol...

slvr03dakrt
10-01-2008, 03:50 AM
Have you checked out www.nitrousoutlet.com thats where I picked up my whole kit from. I ended up getting a nx kit with their brand accesorries. When I talked to them on the phone they said their heater covered more surface area on the bottle which made for fast warm up and with the auto function you can set your own pressure unlike the other heater systems I run mine right at 1000-1050 and it holds steady once you get the bottle temp up. At first it was struggling heating my 15lb bottle mounted in the bed driving down the road but I threw a bottle blanket on the bottle over the heater and it heats up real nice now.

bad360rt
10-01-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree with rohe about one heater being just as good as the next. I run a heater through a relay and a switch. Nothing fancy but it works and a little cheaper than a full heater kit. About 10 dollars in parts above the heater cost.

Yeah, if I don't go with Dynotune's automatic setup, then I'll just grab two of their heaters and wire 'em through a couple relays and then just keep my eye on the pressure.

mtlcafan79
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Definitely get a pressure switch. There is no other option. The one time you'll forget and there goes 20lbs of nitrous because you left the switch on and forgot. You want consistency and the switch will help with that by regulating the heaters to keep the pressures up automatically. Too much or too little pressure will change your tune too.

bad360rt
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Definitely get a pressure switch. There is no other option. The one time you'll forget and there goes 20lbs of nitrous because you left the switch on and forgot. You want consistency and the switch will help with that by regulating the heaters to keep the pressures up automatically. Too much or too little pressure will change your tune too.

Good point. Dynotune says I can run one pressure switch for two bottles, so that's good, $90 for one full kit and then $50 for another heater, not too bad.

rattler360
10-01-2008, 09:43 PM
and a fuel cutoff switch

bad360rt
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
and a fuel cutoff switch

Yeah, one of those too :D

mtlcafan79
10-01-2008, 10:10 PM
If your pump dies, it's already too late. People that have had those switches have thrown them away. It makes the system stutter and do other goofy shit.

uwntsumrtII
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
does the SCT have a fail safe on it? on my DFI i can have a set A/F where the nitrous system shuts down if it reaches that setting.

bad360rt
10-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Have you checked out www.nitrousoutlet.com thats where I picked up my whole kit from. I ended up getting a nx kit with their brand accesorries. When I talked to them on the phone they said their heater covered more surface area on the bottle which made for fast warm up and with the auto function you can set your own pressure unlike the other heater systems I run mine right at 1000-1050 and it holds steady once you get the bottle temp up. At first it was struggling heating my 15lb bottle mounted in the bed driving down the road but I threw a bottle blanket on the bottle over the heater and it heats up real nice now.

Sorry, didn't see your post before. I already have my nitrous setup, all NOS stuff, just need the heaters. But I'll take a look and see what they have, thanks!

If your pump dies, it's already too late. People that have had those switches have thrown them away. It makes the system stutter and do other goofy shit.

Even with a separate fuel system? I would think that it might help deter a complete catastrophy. But I haven't done much research on them yet.

does the SCT have a fail safe on it? on my DFI i can have a set A/F where the nitrous system shuts down if it reaches that setting.

I don't believe SCT does, but my nitrous is going to have it's own fuel system with a separate pump. But I believe there are progressive controllers that will do the same thing, I'll have to look into that some more.

rattler360
10-02-2008, 12:56 AM
im running a custom nitrous pro flow set up, with their controler