PDA

View Full Version : since its my first im curious.

rtdan
07-21-2014, 11:40 PM
So 6 months ago I decided to do a top end build on my 2000 rc rt. This is my list of goodies ive bought.

Broke but fixed built 46re
Martin saine 4000 lockup stall
236/242 lsa 108+4 .547/.549 lift
Shady dell p&p stage 3 eddy heads
Spintech mids no cat true duels
1.6 harland sharp rr
4bbl m1
58mm f&b tb
Sct tune
456 gears

Since this will be my first attempt at doing my top end build. Im curious on estimated power gains/ track times my truck would run. Id love to kick some of the ford lightning guys ass when its done.

Id also like to have a few points on doing this build sonce it is my first:biggthumpup:

dakrt23
07-22-2014, 12:24 AM
You might as well add cam bearings to your list since every truck has bad ones, even low miles.

Take your time and double triple quadruple check everything. Clean/polish/paint/tidy/organize stuff that you never have access to or have out anyways.

Have fun.

You should be a low low low 13 or high 12 on slicks in good air.

Adobedude
07-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Timing chain
Water Pump (cheap and easy to do while you are in there)

That should be a stout little motor, I was running 13.1 - 12.7 up here (pre tin can) with that cam and basically the same parts list. What valve springs are you running?

Cam bearings might be ok...Once you CAREFULLY pull out the old cam you can see em.

You should stomp all over Lightings, no contest.

rtdan
07-22-2014, 01:30 AM
Timing chain
Water Pump (cheap and easy to do while you are in there)

That should be a stout little motor, I was running 13.1 - 12.7 up here (pre tin can) with that cam and basically the same parts list. What valve springs are you running?

Cam bearings might be ok...Once you CAREFULLY pull out the old cam you can see em.

You should stomp all over Lightings, no contest.

Not sure on spring type... im still waiting on ryan from shady dells call so I can pay him the other half of cash for doing my heads. Its been like 2 months. I hope to god my cam bearings arent bad. I wasnt planning to pull the motor.:idunno:

G-Man
07-22-2014, 01:36 AM
Looks like a nice mix of parts,
Like has been said, check everything twice, may I suggest a 4bbl TB, it takes a little fab work. Gotta have good headers and exhaust also. Nevermind , I see that on your list.
It should run real good. Good luck.
G-Man
Edit; I see your in Florida too, better make it fast, we got a rep. To live up too, Lol

rtdan
07-22-2014, 01:46 AM
You might as well add cam bearings to your list since every truck has bad ones, even low miles.

Take your time and double triple quadruple check everything. Clean/polish/paint/tidy/organize stuff that you never have access to or have out anyways.

Have fun.

You should be a low low low 13 or high 12 on slicks in good air.

Truck has 63 k hope they aren't bad

rtdan
07-22-2014, 01:48 AM
Looks like a nice mix of parts,
Like has been said, check everything twice, may I suggest a 4bbl TB, it takes a little fab work. Gotta have good headers and exhaust also. Nevermind , I see that on your list.
It should run real good. Good luck.
G-Man
Edit; I see your in Florida too, better make it fast, we got a rep. To live up too, Lol

Im gonna make it as fast has possible. 408 is next. All the parts I listed above are also going on a future 408 build:biggthumpup:

madboy
07-22-2014, 02:23 AM
Cool combo :biggthumpup: IF you can get it to hook should be mid to low 12 combo no problem - 110 MPH is my prediction!

Make sure you put new gaskets in while you are in there :finger:

:lol2:

Cam bearings can be done without pulling the motor (or so I'm told)...

Kick Butt!

rtdan
07-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Cool combo :biggthumpup: IF you can get it to hook should be mid to low 12 combo no problem - 110 MPH is my prediction!

Make sure you put new gaskets in while you are in there :finger:

:lol2:

Cam bearings can be done without pulling the motor (or so I'm told)...

Kick Butt!

New gaskets without a doubt! I was told its a pain in the ass to get the bearings to seat right while the motor is in.
If this combo puts me in to mid to low twelves im fuckin happy! I also will be doing suspension mods... I have a buddy im getting caltracs and a full hotchkis suspension and bilsteins.

Adobedude
07-22-2014, 12:25 PM
58 TB is all you'll need until you say fuck it and go carbed.

slammedR/T
07-22-2014, 01:16 PM
The first four can be done with out pulling the motor, the rear number five you have to knock out the cam plug and would require pulling motor. Most time the rear cam bearing is still good and can get away with just changing the first four. I have done this on my motor way back in the day and have done this for other 360 magnum trucks over the years. A good machinist can do it to so you better find one and offer him a case of beer :biggthumpup:

rtdan
07-22-2014, 09:00 PM
The first four can be done with out pulling the motor, the rear number five you have to knock out the cam plug and would require pulling motor. Most time the rear cam bearing is still good and can get away with just changing the first four. I have done this on my motor way back in the day and have done this for other 360 magnum trucks over the years. A good machinist can do it to so you better find one and offer him a case of beer :biggthumpup:

Thanks for the insight! This def eases the mind a bit:biggthumpup:

66shelby
07-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Do some wire tucking while your at it :biggthumpup:
Good luck man should be one nasty truck when it's all installed
Go black RC!

rtdan
07-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Def gonna be as clean and neat as possible. Without a doubt the truck is not in mint.... I would give it a 7 so cosmetics isnt my #1. Goin for the sleeper look:biggthumpup: my lsa and true duels might give it away though:r/t smile:
Cosmetics will be next though.... paint job, ccw or viper rims, roll pan, etc

66shelby
07-22-2014, 11:34 PM
Sleepers are always nice!!
Some minor tasteful touches can really do a lot! Such as a roll pan.

rtdan
07-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Sleepers are always nice!!
Some minor tasteful touches can really do a lot! Such as a roll pan.

No doubt, ill probably pic one up shortly and have it painted with my suncoast creations hood

66shelby
07-23-2014, 03:05 AM
Is that hood the dual ram air style one?

rtdan
07-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Is that hood the dual ram air style one?

Sure is

rtdan
08-01-2014, 08:58 PM
http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/ficca12/media/086_zps3a71c7ce.jpg.html

also have the f&b 58mm tb but I decided to throw it on the truck:biggthumpup:

http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/ficca12/media/316_zpsae46b707.jpg.html

still have a few things coming in the mail anticipation is getting worse the more go fast parts I accumulate!:idunno: