PDA

View Full Version : New member

olso3904
09-24-2008, 05:29 AM
I bought my truck a couple months ago after my best friend wrecked my '96 Ram and I wrecked my Kawasaki Ninja. I travel all summer and only had a 2 day window to find and buy a car before I needed to fly out again, and I heard from a friend about this truck for sale and bought right after seeing it. It is a 1998 Black Extended Cab, it has 55,000 miles and was stock except for a 180 stat. I have plans but I am going to the University of Minnesota so money is tight for now. I have a set of ported heads that are going on after I buy some valve springs and 1.7 rockers. I am also looking for some headers, an M1, 52mm TB, Electric fans and a program. The only problem I have so far is the brakes are a little small for my taste and the diff whines. Its good to be on the forum, I have always wanted an R/T

Ryacuski
09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Welcome aboard. And BTW, it's called the Club Cab (CC), not extended cab. Just throwing that in there. Lol.:biggthumpup:

NH_TAZ
09-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the group! Hope you enjoy your truck as much as most of us do on here.

bad360rt
09-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have a good plan laid out. Keep an eye out on the for sale section, most of the parts you listed come up for sale on a fairly regular basis. I'd talk to Sean Powell (hemifever@aol.com) about an SCT tune. And Darren at www.sidewindercustoms.com has a nice Viper brake kit for our trucks. :biggthumpup:

RTdingo7
09-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome aboard, lots of good info here and we would like to see you join the club. New things to come as well as club discounts. Cheers :biggthumpup:

Bnana II
09-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Welcome aboard I've found soupping these trucks up is frustrating but fun and the guys here ave so good info.I've had mine since new started tweeking right away and am still figuring shit out:goodluck:

Five9Dak
09-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome!

Open your wallet and we'll have you making 1053hp in no time.

olso3904
09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Well i do plan on making it fast, but I am a crew member on a pro roadracing team and drag racing isn't really my thing anymore. My goal for the truck is making it fast without dipping into the fuel budget anymore than I have to, make it keep up with a few modern sports sedans at the track around the twisties, and still be able to pull the boat in the summer and snowmobiles in the winter.

I like the X-brace idea, and bigger brakes are coming soon, I know of a stash of viper and stop-tech calipers. But I plan on having this one awhile (i usually change cars every year), so we will see where things go.

99strokedr/t
09-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Welcome!

lmfao...that's low...

olso3904
09-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Welcome!

Yeah apparently all it takes is e85, methanol and a little bit of

GoFastGray
09-25-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah apparently all it takes is e85, methanol and a little bit of

You found our secret ingredient, guess you don't need us anymore:(

Welcome aboard anyways :biggthumpup: