PDA

View Full Version : Elaboration?

DaPurpleRT
09-22-2008, 05:54 AM
So, truck is cutting out bad until about 3500rpm, AFR wideband drops off the left side sometimes. Aside from misfire codes (big cam plus the misfires from this) I get:

P0172 (M) 1/1 Fuel System Rich A rich air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally lean correction factor.
P0174 (M) 2/1 Fuel System Lean A lean air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally rich correction factor.

No 02 codes, so is this simply a tune issue where the old tune is dumping too much fuel downlow? it'll black smoke pretty good down there.

TIA,

Ryan

Five9Dak
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Whats the fuel set up and who tuned it and how? Flash, sct, sct prp?

What afr is LEFT? I would assume rich? It is possible the tune was way too fat, and the misfires led the narrow band o2s to believe it needed to be fattened up (raw fuel hitting o2 generally makes them read lean) which would explain your wacked out fuel trim codes. I wouldn't be surprised is you'll need to replace those narrowbands before expecting any tune to make this run right.

DaPurpleRT
09-22-2008, 12:21 PM
It's an SCT PRP dynotune. Was for the 4216 but with a cam with lower duration and high lsa, much less flowing heads, 2bbl m1 instead of 4bbl and 2800 stall instead of viper 3600.. Off the left side is rich. 10.x and below.

bad360rt
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
You need a new tune, sounds like the new heads/cam has thrown it way off.

DaPurpleRT
09-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I wish I knew a miniscule amount about the tuning so I could just take the fuel away to make it driveable until my tuner has an open spot (he's very, very, very, busy - lots of 8-9 seconds true street cars come outta his lil middle-of-nowhere garage, but being a Mopar fan he has said he'd retune my rig for free, and this is a full tune, aprt, wot, etc. Took over 12 hrs last time). I guess I could pull the fuel in VERY small increments down low umtil everything looked ok?

grapejuice1998
09-22-2008, 06:09 PM
I wish I knew a miniscule amount about the tuning so I could just take the fuel away to make it driveable until my tuner has an open spot (he's very, very, very, busy - lots of 8-9 seconds true street cars come outta his lil middle-of-nowhere garage, but being a Mopar fan he has said he'd retune my rig for free, and this is a full tune, aprt, wot, etc. Took over 12 hrs last time). I guess I could pull the fuel in VERY small increments down low umtil everything looked ok?

Do NOT try to tune it yourself.....

bad360rt
09-22-2008, 08:56 PM

Maybe see if he can at least tweak the tune down low for you so it's driveable? I'm with Alan, I wouldn't mess with the tune.

mtlcafan79
09-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Sean Powell will email you an uneditable tune for $50 IIRC. I would email him and see if he has a tune to get you up and running at least.