PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swap sub-forum?

ChrisR/T
03-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Just a suggestion:

What if there was an engine swap subforum. Information contained with in, pertaining to the Hemi, LS, whatever series of engine swaps.

Sure, there are build threads and stuff like that, but sorting through that stuff can be time consuming and wasteful.

Cheezie
03-18-2014, 04:41 PM
That would be a build thread.... which would go in the build thread sub forum

ChrisR/T
03-18-2014, 05:49 PM
So you want builds of Chevy LSx's, Hemi's, etc littering the build forum?

And you're not "building" anything doing an engine swap...you're swapping in a different drivetrain.

But whatever, have it your way.:idunno:

Cheezie
03-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Erm..... If you are taking your truck apart.... and putting in a different motor.... you would have to.... hmmm.... what's the word.... rebuild?.... Your truck....?
Rebuilding being a type of building.... I would assume that if there was a thread for it, it would be called a build thread, and by extension, a sub forum for it... would be called the build thread sub forum
:idunno:

Cheezie
03-18-2014, 05:57 PM
So you want builds of Chevy LSx's, Hemi's, etc littering the build forum?

And you're not "building" anything doing an engine swap...you're swapping in a different drivetrain.

But whatever, have it your way.:idunno:

Also..... yes.... I would want any of those swaps in the build thread forum! Would be awesome!

ChrisR/T
03-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Erm..... If you are taking your truck apart.... and putting in a different motor.... you would have to.... hmmm.... what's the word.... rebuild?.... Your truck....?
Rebuilding being a type of building.... I would assume that if there was a thread for it, it would be called a build thread, and by extension, a sub forum for it... would be called the build thread sub forum
:idunno:

So if you just change an engine, and don't build anything, it's a build not a swap, got it.

Because typically, when you SWAP one powerplant for another it's not a BUILD it's a SWAP.

To me, a build is taking the truck, from the ground up, and restoring it/building it. I mean, the way you're making it sound, a simple brake job is a BUILD. Because you took it apart, changed something, and put it back together.:idunno:

If that's the case, I need to start a build thread for my truck dating back to 2003/2004. M1, throttle body, roller rockers, true dual exhaust (that's not spintech), underdrive pulley, suspension techniques and changes...

But hey, what do I know..:jester:

Cheezie
03-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Sounds like a plan! Do it.

Cheezie
03-18-2014, 06:52 PM
A build thread is a place to outline the changes that have been made from the time that you started working on the truck, up until current time.

Taken literally a camel toe could be really misleading.

dakrt23
03-18-2014, 07:09 PM
damn its touchy in here these days... i agree that the swap stuff could have its own separate place, maybe not necessarily its own subforum but maybe just its own sticky section in the How To section one for hemi one for LS or whatever... because i want to know "how to" ... "swap" my new engine in for my new "build"

Cheezie
03-18-2014, 07:16 PM
damn its touchy in here these days... i agree that the swap stuff could have its own separate place, maybe not necessarily its own subforum but maybe just its own sticky section in the How To section one for hemi one for LS or whatever... because i want to know "how to" ... "swap" my new engine in for my new "build"
:jester::biggthumpup::drtc_logo001:

WhiteRT
03-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Or a sub forum for magnum based builds and non magnum based builds - hell what do I know I am not a forum designer ..... :bored_work:

grapejuice1998
03-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Assuming anyone would actually read through a specialized forum vs simply asking "who has put an LS1 in a Dakota" in the General Forum.

RTchas
03-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Chris we have 3 section's to use for your swap thread if you choose to do so..

Option #1 http://dakotart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Option #2 http://dakotart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Option #3 http://dakotart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

And if non of them tickle your tailpipe, there's always General or Offtopic:idunno:

:drtc_logo001:

sunike32
03-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Title the thread appropriately and put it in with the rest of the builds/swaps :idunno:

slvr03dakrt
03-22-2014, 08:36 PM
A separate sub forum wouldn't do much bc there aren't to many guys that are swapping out their 5.9 magnum and going a completely different platform. That and alot of people say stuff on swap threads that aren't 100% accurate most of it is just hear say.