PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT Message to all forum users

White Turbo
02-05-2014, 06:42 PM
A lot of you sign up for email notifications when receiving a PM, or subscribing to a thread here.
These are auto sent generic emails sent from our site.

Several ISP's, including Comcast.net and Charter.net among others have been black listing our site, causing your notifications to bounce.

Some of these ISP's use a company called csi.cloudmark.com to filter out generically sent emails. They mark them as spam, and they bounce back to us.
Once we get too many bounced emails, the ISP blocks our site, causing everyone's generic email notifications to bounce.

We're doing everything we can on our end to correct the situation. We've added an "unsubscribe" link to each email. We've stopped sending out the happy birthday email to cut down on people possibly marking it as spam.

I've just contacted Comcast (who uses Cloudmark) and asked them for the 2nd time in 4 months to unblock our site. Cloudmark is erroneously marking our generic emails as spam.

The members of this forum can help too...
Those of you that subscribe to threads need to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom to stop the emails instead of just marking it as spam. Too many of you are just throwing them in the spam folder.
You can also help by unsubscribing from old threads that you no longer want to follow. Go to your userCP and clean house please.
Same thing with PM email notifications. Use the unsubscribe link please if you don't want the emails anymore. Or change your preferences in your userCP.

Those of you that still want these email notifications sent to you, but are bouncing, will need to contact your individual ISP and request our site be taken off their BL. Give them our IP: 199.193.245.85
Ask them if they are using csi.cloudmark.com. These are the assholes that are putting us on the BL.

Here is a partial list of folks on here who's emails have been bouncing since Feb 2nd. AFAICT, all of you are being blocked by Cloudmark.:
Josh Jones
Tom Slick
SlowRT360
Chris Hitchens
Dwight (bwdakrt)
LemonGlowR/T
MurdaJ
99yellar/t
cwelborn
Jim Havens (turboed r/t)
Dick Stoots (dstoots)
brandofamily
G-man
Steve '02CC
Chris Oshenic ( krs1r/t)
Mike Setterlund (mikset)

There may be others as well.
If your ISP is Comcast, you shouldn't have to do anything. I've already contacted them on your behalf. You should have email notifications restored in 24 hrs.
If you use another ISP, you'll have to contact them yourself to stop the bouncing.

Those of you that are marking these emails as spam are making a bad situation worse. If it continues, It'll lead to many more ISP's blocking our site.
And eventually we'll be BL'd everywhere and NO ONE will get email notifications.

:drtc_logo001:

krs1r/t
02-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks ed

White Turbo
02-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Verizon has BL'd us too.
Verizon customers should have their emails from us restored in the next 72 hrs.
Dwight has contacted Charter and is waiting to hear back from them.
Comcast should be back tomorrow.
I don't know how many ISP's are black listing us right now.

And many more of you may be affected, but don't know it yet.
Just because you're not bouncing emails right now, doesn't mean you won't be in the future.
We've had 28 bounced emails in the last 3 days. We don't get 28 bounces in 2 months here.
It might get worse before it gets better.

I chewed Comcast a new asshole to poop through today.
And Dwight did the same with Charter.
I'm gonna have CLOUDMARK by the jugglar vein tomorrow over this.

You guys pay good money every month for an internet connection, only to have them block YOUR emails from us. THAT'S BULLSHIT.

I'm affected by this too...
Critical emails for new and renewing memberships, new user registration forms, and our Paypal payment notifications are not getting through.
I'm ground to a halt right now.

hskr
02-06-2014, 01:51 AM
I personally hate email notifications and have turned them off. I check the forum frequently enough using the usercp to track my subscribed threads and PMs. No need for email notifications. Just fills up my inbox with worthless emails.

White Turbo
02-06-2014, 02:37 AM
I personally hate email notifications and have turned them off. I check the forum frequently enough using the usercp to track my subscribed threads and PMs. No need for email notifications. Just fills up my inbox with worthless emails.

That's a good way to cut down on unnecessary email notifications.

Steve '02CC
02-06-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm on Comcast so I just checked and the last notification I received from dakotart.com was 2/1/2014 which is the day before all of this started. Like hskr said, I also see updates using the usercp link and rarely get much use out of the subscribed thread links anyway. I've never marked a dakotart email as spam, and even if I did why would that impact my ISP? Isn't that status something handled locally on my own PC?

I'm going to go unsubscribe from a bunch right now but I don't want to do all right yet because I want to see if this gets corrected.

hskr
02-06-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm on Comcast so I just checked and the last notification I received from dakotart.com was 2/1/2014 which is the day before all of this started. Like hskr said, I also see updates using the usercp link and rarely get much use out of the subscribed thread links anyway. I've never marked a dakotart email as spam, and even if I did why would that impact my ISP? Isn't that status something handled locally on my own PC?

I'm going to go unsubscribe from a bunch right now but I don't want to do all right yet because I want to see if this gets corrected.
ou can set it up so your subscriptions provide no email notification so they still show up in usercp. Any previous threads you would have to unsebscribe from to stop emails, but any future ones will not send email notifications.

Steve '02CC
02-06-2014, 03:00 PM
ou can set it up so your subscriptions provide no email notification so they still show up in usercp. Any previous threads you would have to unsebscribe from to stop emails, but any future ones will not send email notifications.

Right. That is something I noticed at the last minute when I was doing this because it hit me that unsubscribing would block updates from appearing in usercp. Then I noticed after selecting the checkboxes next to the threads that there is an option in the combo box for removing the email notifications. I think I will make that my default selection once Comcast fixes this problem.

jjones
02-06-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't mark anything as spam and my service is through Time Warner. Add them to the list I guess. I have unsubscribed from everything.

White Turbo
02-06-2014, 06:55 PM
I don't mark anything as spam and my service is through Time Warner. Add them to the list I guess. I have unsubscribed from everything.

Those of you that still want these email notifications sent to you, but are bouncing, will need to contact your individual ISP and request our site be taken off their BL. Give them our IP: 199.193.245.85
Ask them if they are using csi.cloudmark.com.
Our web address is www.dakotart.com

White Turbo
02-06-2014, 06:56 PM
You should be receiving our emails now.

bwdakrt
02-06-2014, 08:33 PM
You should be receiving our emails now.

No answer back from Charter yet. :fml: