PDA

View Full Version : 10.571 @ 127.98

Duner
01-26-2014, 02:50 PM
This is just to make it an official timeslip for the year.

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/MadDuner/null_zps87646964.jpg (http://s808.photobucket.com/user/MadDuner/media/null_zps87646964.jpg.html)

The top end of the track disappeared from my view for a second and the immediate chub nearly caused me to lose control! :clap::go!:

Brian said the tires were about a foot off the ground. Somebody else that was at the track called me yesterday and said they were 2-feet off the ground… but I'm betting the guy standing next to the truck when it left is probably more accurate. :flipa:

RTchas
01-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Ok I'll say it, Why the half slip and we can't see the track name on there or the date:jester::secret squirrel:

krs1r/t
01-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Nice job duner. That's getting it done

Duner
01-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Ok I'll say it, Why the half slip and we can't see the track name on there or the date:jester::secret squirrel:

No secret squirrel. LOL
And lucky for me - I always keep my M86 Hot Teams number. :biggthumpup:

The track wasn't handing out timeslips at the end of the track like usual. Apparently a contractor cut the cables leading to the timing shack - so no timeslips there. Everyone had to go climb 3-flights of stairs to get this printout from the tower's timeslip printer, which of course is at the starting line. They took that printout and ripped it in half to give each guy his own half of the timeslip.

http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/32287

Imagine the total chaos of every person who made a pass - having to climb the stairs and wait in line for his half of a slip. There were 800 cars, 450 of them racing - so there was no place to park but in the staging lanes. Then people would leave their cars to go wait in line to get their slip. That left all kinds of cars "parked" in a line that was supposed to keep moving. What a cluster! The line of cars waiting in the staging lanes was more than the length of the dragstrip 1/4 mile… and if you wanted your timeslip you had to walk to the front of the line to get it - while leaving your car. Then add to the fact that the scoreboards weren't working either - so nobody could even tell how fast anybody went just from watching.

I wasn't going to deal with that crap for another pass. Fuckit. I'll wait until they get the track completely back together.

huskerrt79
01-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Nice run Duner!! Hopefully somebody got a pic leaving the line!!!:hail:

RTchas
01-26-2014, 03:28 PM
No secret squirrel. LOL
And lucky for me - I always keep my M86 Hot Teams number. :biggthumpup:

The track wasn't handing out timeslips at the end of the track like usual. Apparently a contractor cut the cables leading to the timing shack - so no timeslips there. Everyone had to go climb 3-flights of stairs to get this printout from the tower's timeslip printer, which of course is at the starting line. They took that printout and ripped it in half to give each guy his own half of the timeslip.

http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/32287

Imagine the total chaos of every person who made a pass - having to climb the stairs and wait in line for his half of a slip. There were 800 cars, 450 of them racing - so there was no place to park but in the staging lanes. Then people would leave their cars to go wait in line to get their slip. That left all kinds of cars "parked" in a line that was supposed to keep moving. What a cluster! The line of cars waiting in the staging lanes was more than the length of the dragstrip 1/4 mile… and if you wanted your timeslip you had to walk to the front of the line to get it - while leaving your car. Then add to the fact that the scoreboards weren't working either - so nobody could even tell how fast anybody went just from watching.

I wasn't going to deal with that crap for another pass. Fuckit. I'll wait until they get the track completely back together.

Cool Story Bro:jester:

I don't think I would have hung in for one pass:hail:

Look's like it was worth the wait Duner, now go find a picture of that wheels up Black Bitch:woot:

Nice Job! And your nut's driving home on slick's:jester:

Duner
01-26-2014, 03:35 PM

Look's like it was worth the wait Duner, now go find a picture of that wheels up Black Bitch:woot:

I rolled the driver's window down - so the white shoe polish wouldn't be so visible. LOL

I looked thru the pics they took. They took a pic of the guy I was racing… since they were probably expecting a 16-second pass out of the truck. :xml:

I just checked the track's calendar… they are open next friday as well. Maybe it will be better? :idunno:

ScojoDak
01-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Great job Duner. Git-R-Done!

blackknight
01-26-2014, 07:31 PM
:biggthumpup:X2 good job!

Cregger
01-26-2014, 08:15 PM
:hail: awesome!

ironsport1000
01-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Sweet!

krs1r/t
01-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Driving home and passing guys with their tow truck rigs loaded up with their race cars, that you passed going down the 1320' priceless!!!

PacManRT
01-26-2014, 08:28 PM
This is just to make it an official timeslip for the year.

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/MadDuner/null_zps87646964.jpg (http://s808.photobucket.com/user/MadDuner/media/null_zps87646964.jpg.html)

The top end of the track disappeared from my view for a second and the immediate chub nearly caused me to lose control! :clap::go!:

Brian said the tires were about a foot off the ground. Somebody else that was at the track called me yesterday and said they were 2-feet off the ground… but I'm betting the guy standing next to the truck when it left is probably more accurate. :flipa:

Nice job!

I rolled the driver's window down - so the white shoe polish wouldn't be so visible. LOL

I looked thru the pics they took. They took a pic of the guy I was racing… since they were probably expecting a 16-second pass out of the truck. :xml:

I just checked the track's calendar… they are open next friday as well. Maybe it will be better? :idunno:

I drive to/from the track all the time (about 20-25 minutes) on my bogarts with DS2s and Quick time pros!

RTchas
01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Nice job!

I drive to/from the track all the time (about 20-25 minutes) on my bogarts with DS2s and Quick time pros with no Front Bumper or Grill!

/\ Fixed it for you:biggthumpup:

Broo42
01-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Badass Duner! :hail:

White Turbo
01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Congrats buddy!

:r/t smile:

slammedR/T
01-26-2014, 08:56 PM
:biggthumpup:

Good job Duner nice times for sure bud :r/t smile:

KotaRT
01-27-2014, 01:28 AM
How did you get my half of the time slip?

:finger:

Kotta390
01-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Nice time Duner!!

Duner
01-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys.

They only gave me half a slip. LOL

Here's a video somebody sent me….. the last 5 seconds of burnout and nothing else. :idunno:

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/MadDuner/th_A98EEA0A-0F9C-408B-B975-D2FC596EC301-9294-00000B058D40B56D_zps0626a979.jpg (http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/MadDuner/A98EEA0A-0F9C-408B-B975-D2FC596EC301-9294-00000B058D40B56D_zps0626a979.mp4)

Danno
01-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Cool beans man. At least your one pass got it done.

Update your sig when you get home from work :D

dakrt23
01-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Cool beans man. At least your one pass got it done.

Update your sig when you get home from work :D

he should update his license plate too!

Danno
01-27-2014, 10:06 PM

He already did that. Even posted a pic :biggthumpup:

Duner
01-27-2014, 10:10 PM

Handled!

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz5/MadDuner/null_zps16182687.jpg (http://s808.photobucket.com/user/MadDuner/media/null_zps16182687.jpg.html)

Danno
01-27-2014, 10:30 PM
FIX YOUR SIG NOW...

:smh: kids these days! I tell ya! :jester:

Duner
01-27-2014, 10:33 PM
FIX YOUR SIG NOW...

:smh: kids these days! I tell ya! :jester:

The sig is actually the URL for the DragTimes page it's on. I will have to change that page first - then it will require a new link - that will become the new sig line. Savvy? LOL

Danno
01-27-2014, 10:34 PM
The sig is actually the URL for the DragTimes page it's on. I will have to change that page first - then it will require a new link - that will become the new sig line. Savvy? LOL

Sheesh :biggthumpup:

:jester:

Duner
01-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Sheesh :biggthumpup:

:jester:

Fixed also.

They cancelled the TnT for next friday night.
I guess they needed more time to fix everything and certainly didn't want to piss off all the racers any more than they already did.

Danno
01-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Probably a wise move on their part. LOL.

At least you might get a full timeslip next time? :D

Duner
01-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Probably a wise move on their part. LOL.

At least you might get a full timeslip next time? :D

That would be good!

I also found out that the left lane was having some "issues" with the timing equipment. The guy in the lane next to me went 313 mph at half track… but I was pulling on him the whole way! He also got a .93 60' number when it normally goes 1.3's. No wonder I was having to chase him down. :jester:

PacManRT
01-29-2014, 12:08 AM

You're never going to let me live that down are you? Lol. I had to do something to make out out to the track, plus that sort of stuff is normal here in Cecil county!

RTchas
01-29-2014, 12:11 AM
You're never going to let me live that down are you? Lol. I had to do something to make out out to the track, plus that sort of stuff is normal here in Cecil county!

:nono: had it been full trim you would've never saw 11's:jester:

PacManRT
01-29-2014, 12:36 AM

:nono: had it been full trim you would've never saw 11's:jester:

So a bumper and grill are worth 3 tenths? :idunno:

RTchas
01-29-2014, 12:40 AM
So a bumper and grill are worth 3 tenths? :idunno:

No Bumper/Grill = Better cooling and weight transfer to the rear, Ask Duner about his ballist under the rear:jester:

Hell Over the rear too:biggthumpup:

On topic did any pictures or video pop up yet?

PacManRT
01-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Oooohh my god... Next time at Cecil we're gonna make 2 passes back to back, one with and one without... We'll even use your truck if you want!

2k1AmberR/T
01-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Oooohh my god... Next time at Cecil we're gonna make 2 passes back to back, one with and one without... We'll even use your truck if you want!

Good idea! I'll take the other lane. Hint: he may need to make more than just 2 passes...

:drive:

RTchas
01-29-2014, 12:52 AM
Good idea! I'll take the other lane. Hint: he may need to make more than just 2 passes...

:drive:

Hahahaha , that's rich, you wanna put some money on that?:idunno:

The sure bet is you won't show:nono:

But Hey Spring GTG is just around the corner, so if your feeling Froggy.....:jester:

Justin, I'm bust'n ball's that pass was legit :biggthumpup:
Shame it never went past that, you had more til converter and MS issue's:(

2k1AmberR/T
01-29-2014, 12:59 AM

But Hey Spring GTG is just around the corner, so if your feeling Froggy.....:jester:

I prob won't show. I can still talk shit, though. One day!

PacManRT
01-29-2014, 01:00 AM

Aww man.. That sounds like a call out!!

Sometimes I wish I would have stuck with it and just got another converter, but I just got tired of messing with magnum stuff and decided I wanted something different!
I know, its fun to banter back and forth on the internet! If this auction hurries up I'll be there with a whole 'lotta new parts!

Duner
01-29-2014, 01:12 AM
No Bumper/Grill = Better cooling and weight transfer to the rear, Ask Duner about his ballist under the rear:jester:

Hell Over the rear too:biggthumpup:

On topic did any pictures or video pop up yet?

No. No pictures. No video. Just the 5 seconds of a burnout. :idunno:

RTchas
01-29-2014, 01:42 AM
No. No pictures. No video. Just the 5 seconds of a burnout. :idunno:

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dam! Then all I have is Vid from Sacmotos to dream about turbo two step madness:fml::hail::hail:

Duner
01-29-2014, 01:46 AM
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dam! Then all I have is Vid from Sacmotos to dream about turbo two step madness:fml::hail::hail:

I put them all on the "Mad Duner" youtube channel.

Five9Dak
01-29-2014, 02:45 AM

OK, who has pictures of the dune buggy track day?