PDA

View Full Version : 2014 winter upgrade

slammedR/T
01-23-2014, 03:39 AM
well my winter upgrade will be, pull the motor out the R/T, replace number 7 piston and atleast one head gasket so far, and send heads off to be checked, that's about it.

Adobedude
01-23-2014, 03:59 AM
What happened?

slammedR/T
01-23-2014, 04:04 AM
What happened?

Well I checked my plugs and they all looked great till I pulled number 7 out, it was melted. Aight got a little hot from lean condition, was told my plate meant to run 5.5psi when in fact it meat to run 6.5psi. So I went to do compression test cause I thought I saw a small hole in the piston with my bore scope camera. As I'm turning the motor over with my starter button, I have all the plugs out and number 4 shoots a stream of water over the fender and onto the garage floor. There wasn't any signs of water on the plug and motor ran fine when I parked it Saturday. I think I popped the head gasket and water seeped into the cylinder over time sitting in the garage.

SB440R/T
01-23-2014, 05:17 AM
Long shot, but just to double check. My eddies had a coolant hole that was off from the gasket, ended up being a menace I never knew about till we laid a gasket over the head and saw it. Worth checking. Hope it comes back quickly.

Duner
01-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Well I checked my plugs and they all looked great till I pulled number 7 out, it was melted. Aight got a little hot from lean condition, was told my plate meant to run 5.5psi when in fact it meat to run 6.5psi. So I went to do compression test cause I thought I saw a small hole in the piston with my bore scope camera. As I'm turning the motor over with my starter button, I have all the plugs out and number 4 shoots a stream of water over the fender and onto the garage floor. There wasn't any signs of water on the plug and motor ran fine when I parked it Saturday. I think I popped the head gasket and water seeped into the cylinder over time sitting in the garage.

Sorry to hear that….. but I've never seen a "small" hole in the top of a piston. :biggthumpup:

slammedR/T
01-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear that….. but I've never seen a "small" hole in the top of a piston. :biggthumpup:

I saw it with my bore scope camera, I think the plug made it when it melted and left the building :fml: