PDA

View Full Version : Blowing radio fuse

silvrdakrt03
09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I keep blowing the Radio fuse I took it to two Stereo shops and it seems they don't know what the fuck there doing. First one replaced the the fuse and said it was done before I drove out the driveway it blew the fuse.I made a U turn told the guy whata fuck! So he puts the tester on the acc wire says you don't have juice something wrong with the vehicle harness So they said they are not going to deal with it.
Second place I took it was to the guy that did the install in the first place So he tears into the dash puts a fuse and it works He said it was just a fuse I say Bullshit give to minutes and it will blow sure enough it blew and then he work at it for a bit and said it is also blowing the back up Lamp fuse. So he also said he is not going to deal with because its something in the vehicle. So at the end of the day I have wasted my day I no one offered a solution.
Has anybody dealt with crap like this before?

geo2slow4u
09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Are you running a aftermarket radio that was just installed? or did this just pop up recently?

silvrdakrt03
09-08-2008, 01:44 AM
About a month and a half ago I had the stock speakers upgraded and added the MTX sub box with two MTX amps, Epicenter, Clarion EQ,And a JVC head unit. IT was working fine until friday it started acting up

1LoudRT
09-11-2008, 05:53 AM
check back at the amps and make sure you don't have a frayed wire touching anything- could send a jolt through the remote wire and blow your fuse.