PDA

View Full Version : nitrous on 408 with stock heads

99408kotar/t
09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
can i run a 100 shot on my application, parts are listed below? and which kit should i buy?zex is running a special for 600 a complete kit with extras and free shipping. and also which is better/safer, wet or dry

01dakotaR/T
09-06-2008, 01:42 PM
can i run a 100 shot on my application, parts are listed below? and which kit should i buy?zex is running a special for 600 a complete kit with extras and free shipping. and also which is better/safer, wet or dry

you can run 100 shot and def get a wet system!

TurboBlew
09-06-2008, 02:55 PM
safe implies your current tune is good.
408 with stock heads? wtf?

Opie
09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
safe implies your current tune is good.
408 with stock heads? wtf?

thats what i was thinking????can you say bottle neck

TurboBlew
09-06-2008, 04:24 PM
thats what i was thinking????can you say bottle neck

lol... im guesing he's squeezing every last CFM outta those! :D

slvr03dakrt
09-06-2008, 05:09 PM

I would wait and save up for some heads and get a good n/a combo going before you throw the juice on it. If you don't you will want to spray all the time and its pretty rough on the motor. When I go to the track I usually set up like 2 races n/a and 2 races on the spray.

Stock cobras, lightning, f-bodies- I usually run n/a, Modded ones I usually run the spray.

Ricers I just shake my head and laugh

grapejuice1998
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Think of it this way; for all the air you stuff into a motor, whether it be cubic inches, nitrous, or a blower of some type, that air has to get out somehow, so some of your most important parts will be a good set of high flowing heads and a relatively free flowing exhaust system. If you don't have those 2 things, stuffing more air into it isn't really going to help you much.

Ryacuski
09-18-2008, 03:29 AM

Well suck me sideways!!! (Dumb & Dumber quote)

I JUST bought the Zex kit from Summit Racing a few hours ago. $630 and $11 for shipping (Which is actually really cheap for 2nd day air. I worked at UPS. I would know. :biggthumpup:)
S.O.B.!! I wish I woud've seen this thread earlier. Woulda saved me $40. That's not too much extra though, so no major complaints. I could've bought a bottle pressure gauge with that extra $40. :bs: Or even a blow down tube since I'm not too sure if the kit I got includes it.

Darn. Maybe I should cancel my order and go straight through Zex?? I know it's only $40 bucks, but still...

slvr03dakrt
09-18-2008, 03:48 AM
Well suck me sideways!!! (Dumb & Dumber quote)

I JUST bought the Zex kit from Summit Racing a few hours ago. $630 and $11 for shipping (Which is actually really cheap for 2nd day air. I worked at UPS. I would know. :biggthumpup:)
S.O.B.!! I wish I woud've seen this thread earlier. Woulda saved me $40. That's not too much extra though, so no major complaints. I could've bought a bottle pressure gauge with that extra $40. :bs: Or even a blow down tube since I'm not too sure if the kit I got includes it.

Darn. Maybe I should cancel my order and go straight through Zex?? I know it's only $40 bucks, but still...

You say you work or worked at UPS what do you do I work there also. I've been there 5yrs so far I only have 25more left until I can retire at age 47.

Ryacuski
09-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Wow. So I just checked my tracking info on my Zex order from Summit to see if I can change it. I bought it a few hours ago. It says it has already been shipped out through UPS!!! Holy smokes!!:woot: That's fast as hell! And soon my truck will be too. Starting on the light side with a 75 wet shot. Comes with a 125, but I don't think I'm gonna do that. I have Spintech headers and exaust cutouts, but stock heads. :( My wallet's not that deep folks. Lol. If I ever get the heads, THEN I'll slap in those 125 jets.:drive: (I'm sure I could run it now with a full bolt-on engine, but I don't wanna risk anything. *Refer back to wallet comment.*)

Ryacuski
09-18-2008, 04:01 AM
You say you work or worked at UPS what do you do I work there also. I've been there 5yrs so far I only have 25more left until I can retire at age 47.

By you're "retiring at 47" comment, I'm guessing you're higher up?? Or was that sarcasm?? :jester:I worked there for 1 year, 6 months, 16 days. (Yes, it was bad enough there to count the days. Lol.) Was my first job. I loaded trucks, did pickoff, small sort, air cans, PSC(Package Service Center), worked on other docks, went to meetings every week, and those assholes never promoted me. I also did 2150 packages loaded in 4 hours. That's unheard of for anyone who's worked near my dock. My supervisor said I didn't have what it takes to become a sup and work my way up. Said I'd stay on the docks forever because I was too good at the "dirty work." :bs: After that, it was all down hill.....knowing I'd never go anywhere, I left that bitch..When I was hired, the best loader on the dock was so good, they wouldn't promote him either...so guess what...he quit a few months after I was hired for the same reason.

Sorry for the short story. Thinking about how they fucked with me and used me get's me all worked up.