PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problem

RTdingo7
09-06-2008, 01:09 AM
I was out this afternoon in the R/T, pushing it pretty hard of course, on country roads I needed to use the brakes heavily, but not excessively at times. On coming back into the city, drove past my son's school just in time for him to pull out of the school parking lot. As he followed me toward home I started to experience what seemed to be brake fade, it was also affecting the foward movement of the truck, a grabbing sensation. There was also a strong smell of burning brakes, that strong, that my son smelt it from behind. On arriving home the brakes were extremely hot for what I thought was normal use. After letting them cool I checked pads, fluid etc, everything appeared to be OK. I know that brake fluid does go bad over time, only 29k on original brakes & pads. Would like to hear from anyone with suggestions. Thanks :hail:

BTLFED R/T
09-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Sounds like you might have a caliper sticking. The factory brakes are shit anyway. Time to upgrade to Vipers mate! :biggthumpup:

Nolan
09-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Also check the rubber brake lines. They tend to collapse internally and hold pressure on the calipers. A couple of the guys on here have had problems with their hoses. Hmm I probably could have phrased that better!

Nolan

RTdingo7
09-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Also check the rubber brake lines. They tend to collapse internally and hold pressure on the calipers. A couple of the guys on here have had problems with their hoses. Hmm I probably could have phrased that better!

Nolan

No problem with my hose, just brakes! Thanks Nolan :laughing: