PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day thank you

White Turbo
11-07-2013, 03:12 AM
As Veteran's Day is just around the corner, the Dakota R/T Club would like to thank our military members for their service and sacrifice to this great country of ours.
In addition to our thanks to you, an anonymous member offered to pay a vet's renewal fees with the DRTC for the next year. I brought this to the board and it was agreed this would be a nice gesture to those that have served, or who are currently in the military.

So I'm putting this out here for the membership to consider:

If you'd like to sponsor a past or present veteran's club membership dues for the next year, please send me a PM for details. We already have had 11 veterans dues paid for next year.
I have a list of vets that you can sponsor, or if you know a vet that isn't on the list, you can sponsor them too.
The cost is $20 or $25, depending on their active status.
I'll handle the renewal on our end and notify those that are sponsored on V-Day this coming Monday.
You may choose to remain anonymous, or you can PM the vet whom you sponsor.

Let's show our military vets our appreciation!

tcuillier
11-07-2013, 03:48 AM
I'm a vet Ed (Navy), but I am well able to pay my own dues. More than happy to help out another vet though.

ironsport1000
11-07-2013, 10:20 AM
great idea!! Thank you to all our vets:hail:

chase1500
11-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm a vet Ed (Navy), but I am well able to pay my own dues. More than happy to help out another vet though.

Same here. USAF. But more then willing to help another vet.

EvBaxter
11-07-2013, 05:02 PM

Same for me; sign me up, Ed. Just went over 25 years in June combined service with USMCR, USCG AD, and USCGR.

White Turbo
11-07-2013, 05:32 PM

Same for me; sign me up, Ed. Just went over 25 years in June combined service with USMCR, USCG AD, and USCGR.

Both your names have been added to the list :biggthumpup:

We already have 8 veterans sponsored this morning!
We'll do this through Sunday night.

91DakBuilder
11-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Like TCuillier, I'm a navy Vet. I'll gladly pay dues for membership, and pay for another vet. Side note, Go NAVY

White Turbo
11-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Like TCuillier, I'm a navy Vet. I'll gladly pay dues for membership, and pay for another vet. Side note, Go NAVY

Just send me a PM and I can give you the details. :biggthumpup:

hskr
11-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Active Navy and more than able to pay my own dues when I'm ready to re-new again.

chase1500
11-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Active Navy and more than able to pay my own dues when I'm ready to re-new again.

I also paid my own dues. But I don't think this was set up to help those that can't afford to pay there dues. More just a way to thank us for our service. Very nice.

ironsport1000
11-09-2013, 01:12 AM
I also paid my own dues. But I don't think this was set up to help those that can't afford to pay there dues. More just a way to thank us for our service. Very nice.

What you said!! :hail:

hskr
11-09-2013, 01:27 AM
I understand that. It was more me saying when I decide to re-new my membership I will. My faith in how people act within the group still hasn't been restored enough to make me want to be a paying member again.

moparmadman
11-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Hospital Corps, Rah... That is all:flag-navy:

White Turbo
11-11-2013, 02:44 AM
It's not too late if you want to sponsor a veteran's dues for next year.
I'll keep this open for the next 12 hours.

White Turbo
11-12-2013, 03:37 AM
We had 12 veterans that were sponsored by members here over the last few days.
:biggthumpup:

I sent the renewal notifications out today and have heard back from many of them.
They're truly grateful and appreciative of the generosity.

They want me to thank those members that sponsored them.
So a BIG thanks to the members!

And a HUGE thanks to those that serve in the military... Today is YOUR day.

Ed...
:drtc_logo001:

ironsport1000
11-12-2013, 10:02 AM
:rockwoot::hail:

Gentleman Jack
11-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Ed,

You're awesome. Thank you.