PDA

View Full Version : San Diego meet up

Gentleman Jack
09-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Anybody in / near San Diego wanna get together for coffee Saturday or Sunday morning? I've got a lot to learn :)

GoFastGray
09-26-2013, 05:17 PM
I've seen everyone promoting the Sacramento meet since you've joined. I do think you will learn quite a bit and see all sorts of aftermarket options to decor your truck with later by going. It's a road trip for a short period of time, but we don't get too many big gatherings in the area like we used to.

If it is too much for you, there will be a closer gathering (with less trucks/ 5-10) in the LA area the following weekend. There will also be lots of Mopars.
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27946
They put on a two day spring event and one day fall event for Mopars each year.
Vendors, swap meet, and car show.

Gentleman Jack
09-27-2013, 02:46 AM
I am trying to work out the trip to Sac. I'm not sure I'm confident in the truck yet as I haven't even gone thru fluids / mechanical checks yet. Step one is get the truck safe and reliable.

dakrt23
09-27-2013, 03:42 PM
I live in San Diego. What part of town are you in? Id be happy to sit down and eat breakfast and give you a rundown on the do's and dont's of these trucks.

Gentleman Jack
09-28-2013, 01:49 AM
I'm near San Diego State.

How about you?

koolsleeper
09-29-2013, 03:49 AM
Im in Escondido, only minutes away. would love to have a get together at the house sometime soon.

Gentleman Jack
09-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Im in Escondido, only minutes away. would love to have a get together at the house sometime soon.

Sounds great! Another forum I'm active on has mod meets a few times a year where groups get together and work on the cars / trucks. It might be fun to set something up like that. Not sure what your home layout is like, but it's an idea. Sometime all we do is sit around and have a beer, so there's always that.

dakrt23
09-29-2013, 11:16 PM
I live in Bay Park... Just off Clairemont Dr and 5. Well def have to meet up.