PDA

View Full Version : Shocks?

Vaquero45
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Made the deal today on an 02 cc. It's been properly lowered except for the shocks. It bottoms out on bigger bumps but it's not hitting the bump stops. I'm guessing it's bottoming out the shocks. A friend of mine is who I'm buying from and he says it was lowered 3-4 in back. Any suggestions on what shocks to go with? I like the Bilsteins but I'm open to suggestions and where to purchase. As most of you probably know, just going into Auto Zone or O'Reilly and asking for lowered shocks can lead to madness! Thanks.
Rusty

mtlcafan79
02-02-2008, 05:43 PM
If it's lowered 4" with the factory stops I bet you are hitting them. It's almost C notch time if you want travel with that much drop.

Vaquero45
02-02-2008, 06:41 PM
He looked to see if it was hitting the bump stops and said it wasn't......must have been 3" out back. I'll verify that when I actually get it next weekend.

RTdingo7
02-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Bilsteins OR Hotchkis Bilsteins way to go. Andy's Auto Sport but call to check price first. http://www.andysautosport.com/dodge/1997_2004_dakota/suspension/struts_and_shocks/:rockwoot:

DRaven
02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Andy from the MADRT Club did a shitload of research a while back. Here are the results.

Shock Post on Dak-Dur (http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showpost.php?p=852836&postcount=1)

Vaquero45
02-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, that's been a lot of help. I just picked up the truck today, it DEFINITLEY needs shocks out back!

User
02-10-2008, 03:13 AM
glad this was brought up i was about to ask the same question about shocks..

dak0ta_g33k
02-10-2008, 03:44 AM
i'm doing okay with my factory rear shocks; just wondering if tuned bilsteins for clubcab daks are still out of stock

Five9Dak
02-10-2008, 06:05 PM
i'm doing okay with my factory rear shocks; just wondering if tuned bilsteins for clubcab daks are still out of stock

If you wanna order ones for a RC, we can swap, I have the CC rear ones.

Vaquero45
02-16-2008, 10:16 PM
I took the blocks out of the back today and it made a HUGE difference! I'm going back to stock springs out front and hope that doesn't give it a nose high attitude, we'll see. The rear has had shackles so I'll just go back to stock in the rear if need be. I like the look when they're lowered but I'm driving about 500 miles a week and really need the comfort more than looks. I hear these trucks handled really well in stock form so it really comes down to a matter of looks I guess.

dakota-boy
02-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Andy from the MADRT Club did a shitload of research a while back. Here are the results.

Shock Post on Dak-Dur (http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showpost.php?p=852836&postcount=1)

ive been through a few shocks....lol i ended up with the kyb's in the back and the hotchkis bilsteins in the front. When the hotchkis shocks wear out in the front, i'll be putting in the kyb monomax shocks probably......anyways, thanks for linking that post, i was about to do it...lol