PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to order with RockAuto!

RockAuto
08-23-2013, 04:43 PM
The Online Trust Alliance has hailed RockAuto as one of the top 10 companies for best practices! RockAuto.com was recognized in USA Today as one of the companies doing a “laudatory job of keeping their customers secure and respecting their privacy” while “53% of big-name online companies continue to rely on inadequate security and privacy practices.”

Our customers noticed the newspaper article and pointed it out to us. We would like to share the article with you. Read the article online at: http://www.usatoday.com/story/cybertruth/2013/06/06/twitter-amercian-greetings-privacy-security/2393869/

Hugh Jassole
08-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Really ? What are your business practice when one of your parts causes irreperable damage to an otherwise good engine ? Your fucking shitty waterpump took out my Hemi and now I have to pop 4500 for a new engine. Your customer service offered to send me a new water pump ?!?!?! What about the cam, heads, gaskets etc that are now worthless ? Really ? Fuck you and your auto parts.

Five9Dak
08-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Who manufactured the water pump? Rock auto is a distributor.

wyotech_cuda440
08-23-2013, 08:28 PM
I've always had good luck and great customer service from Rockauto :biggthumpup:

Really ? What are your business practice when one of your parts causes irreperable damage to an otherwise good engine ? Your fucking shitty waterpump took out my Hemi and now I have to pop 4500 for a new engine. Your customer service offered to send me a new water pump ?!?!?! What about the cam, heads, gaskets etc that are now worthless ? Really ? Fuck you and your auto parts.

Are you sure the water pump caused everything, and there was no chance of any other problems?

Even if the waterpump was 100% responsible for your truck overheating, don't you watch your gauges? You didn't even notice your truck was running hot till it completely melted down? I don't see how rockauto is responsible for your engine, but if you really need to blame somebody shouldn't you blame the manufacturer of the pump?

Rockauto already agreed to replace the pump based on nothing other than your word that it's faulty, that seems reasonable to me :idunno:

Friggin' R/T
08-24-2013, 01:30 AM
I've always had good luck and great customer service from Rockauto :biggthumpup:

Are you sure the water pump caused everything, and there was no chance of any other problems?

Even if the waterpump was 100% responsible for your truck overheating, don't you watch your gauges? You didn't even notice your truck was running hot till it completely melted down? I don't see how rockauto is responsible for your engine, but if you really need to blame somebody shouldn't you blame the manufacturer of the pump?

Rockauto already agreed to replace the pump based on nothing other than your word that it's faulty, that seems reasonable to me :idunno:

Had it not been running flawlessly for 3 days I'm sure we would have been watching the gauges more. And it happened pretty suddenly. Like within a 7 minute drive. However I agree Rockauto is not to blame. The pump manufacturer is

Hugh Jassole
08-24-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm just a monkey flinging poo. I know it's the manufacturer, got no place with them either. If they had said let us give you a discount on a long block, I would've considered that good customer service. Although, I know they are under no obligation to do that.

Filthy Filbert
08-25-2013, 11:19 AM
so....if you had gone to your local Napa, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc. and bought the same brand water pump...it'd be their fault that your engine melted?

Seems like a misplaced rant.

Especially when Rock Auto has been a great supporter of the club/forum, and donated prizes to our annual meets

Anyway, I'd like to hear more on how a water pump caused an engine to fail.

Hugh Jassole
08-25-2013, 08:19 PM
so....if you had gone to your local Napa, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc. and bought the same brand water pump...it'd be their fault that your engine melted?

Seems like a misplaced rant.

Especially when Rock Auto has been a great supporter of the club/forum, and donated prizes to our annual meets

Anyway, I'd like to hear more on how a water pump caused an engine to fail.

it's no longer circulating water, and the engine got far too hot for me to contionue spending any money on it. It ruined my band new heads, the heat button indicators all popped. Overheating a hemi is no good, they like to drop valve seats when that happens, that why I put new heads on it. Because it had overheated once before due to a shredded belt. Could I swap a water pump and have the motor be fine ? Maybe, but @ 155k miles I won't be able to trust it. So the new engine is a choice by me, because I need to be able to depend on my daily driver. that post was a rant, nothing more. I've had other issues with them too. Other supposedly OE direct replacement parts that absolutely do not fit. Their solution is a replacement or refund, then they send the same goddamn non-compatible parts again. Instead of investigating an issue and working through things, they'll just replace it. If the new part still doesn't work, tough shit. That wastes my time and theirs too. There's no customer support ethic there at all. Any consumer product you buy has a 1-800 number for support. JEGS, Summit, and other vendors have that service too. Rock does not. Just sell sell sell, there are no customer service inclinations there at all.

wyotech_cuda440
08-25-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they have a customer service number. It's 1-866-rockauto. I called them when Fedex lost my order, they shipped out a new part that day no questions asked.

Didn't you read the thread about User the other day? Something about putting a better face on the club as a whole? I understand you're no longer a club Exec, but you're still a long standing member of the club and your posts are a part of this club's image. Try to be a little more reasonable when you "vent", Rock auto is a valued supporting vendor here and they have very little to zero responsibility for your truck.

To be honest, I've never heard of a water pump that works perfect for three days then suddenly stops working entirely on day 4. I have seen head gaskets that held for three days and blew on the fourth, though. I think that's a much more likely scenario in the first place.

Hugh Jassole
08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm pretty sure they have a customer service number. It's 1-866-rockauto. I called them when Fedex lost my order, they shipped out a new part that day no questions asked.

Didn't you read the thread about User the other day? Something about putting a better face on the club as a whole? I understand you're no longer a club Exec, but you're still a long standing member of the club and your posts are a part of this club's image. Try to be a little more reasonable when you "vent", Rock auto is a valued supporting vendor here and they have very little to zero responsibility for your truck.

To be honest, I've never heard of a water pump that works perfect for three days then suddenly stops working entirely on day 4. I have seen head gaskets that held for three days and blew on the fourth, though. I think that's a much more likely scenario in the first place.

the water no longer circulates through the radiator, no movement at all. you should be able to see the coolant flowing. Head gaskets are fine, there are no cylinder mis-fires and no coolant in the oil. It's irrelevant though, the heat has already ruined my new parts. Doesn't matter, that engine is now scrap and the new one is under construction. A customer service line & tech support help are 2 different things. I've had more issues ordering from Rock than I have from any other vendor. They are the McDonalds of auto parts, it's all about volume. They don't work for me anymore, I'll find other vendors. You're free to express your opinions, so am I. Opinions vary, get used to it. Don't like what I post, get the mods to delete it. I wouldn't be offended. I was venting that's it.

PS, most of the new "OE exact fit" sensors that we're about to throw away on Josh's truck came from Rock too.

Xxaler
08-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Ordered 4 balljoints, and the 2 lowers they had sent me were the right part number, but wrong part. Just on my word they sent me 2 of the proper ones next day shipping and told me to just throw out the wrong parts.

Best customer service I've had to deal with in a long time.