PDA

View Full Version : Please read this if you are in the market for tuning!

KotaRT
08-17-2013, 03:24 PM
If you plan on having someone tune your truck, and want it done RIGHT. Consider contacting Ryan. I have had some great performance increases so far, and I am almost 100% STOCK!!! Make sure you understand that the initial price you pay for the unlimited tunes and the datalogger (pretty much needed for serious improvements) will seem like a lot. I promise, even after only getting 1 datalog sent to Ryan he will send you a tune and you will have some great improvements! He's also a great guy to work with and walks you through EVERYTHING when he has time. You have to also realize, this is not his job, and he is very busy, but he STILL puts up with me, which is a job in itself! If I buy another car, or build my truck, my first step is to make sure Ryan is able to tune it. That is how serious I am about this guy!

Here is the parts/labor I needed to get a good setup to log and tune with Ryan:

O2 bung welded on (pre cat)

Purchase LM-2 (I got mine from amazon for fairly cheap)

Purchase the unlimited tunes from FlyinRyan

Other than that, just make sure you have an email address and talk to Ryan about what you want to do and he will fix you up right!

moparsz
08-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Where's the "like" button. All 100% true

blackknight
08-17-2013, 06:17 PM
:biggthumpup: truck is totally driveable now! We're in the process of fine tuning but otherwise the its already alot better!

nevr2fast01
08-17-2013, 07:44 PM
For my truck to be a freak of nature running 17.5psi and driving like stock he is the man to go to!

sunike32
08-17-2013, 11:09 PM
My TKO truck is running great with Ryan's tuning as well!!

BlakDak71
08-18-2013, 12:47 AM
My truck went from spewing raw gas out the exhaust to spewing unicorns, leprechauns, and several mythical creatures I don't even know about out the pipes.

User
08-18-2013, 12:58 AM
My truck went from spewing raw gas out the exhaust to spewing unicorns, leprechauns, and several mythical creatures I don't even know about out the pipes.

LMFAO!!!!! *like*

moparsz
08-18-2013, 02:17 AM
but he likes mine the most :biggthumpup:

Broo42
08-18-2013, 05:05 AM

This^^^^ I have Minotaurs, Griffins, and an occasional Wookie flying out of mine! :biggthumpup:

Cheezie
08-18-2013, 07:29 PM
I had to pay one of the leprechaun's to run behind my truck and kill all the other creatures its spitting out now! No more buying hamburger meat!

and my entire town smells like cinnamon rolls when I fire her up!!

blackknight
08-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Went for a drive with the wife yesterday and she didnt bitch about the truck trying to die half the time!

KotaRT
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Update today! Just got another revision, we have been working on what we can since I only have a 52mm TB and a MP M1 intake, I am not going to see as great an improvement as most of you guys with built stuff. However, I have been noticing a significant improvement in daily driving, WOT, and in between. The AFRs are getting closer and closer to stoich across the board every day. The most recent revision as of this morning, I felt like it helped a lot at lower rpms and around town driving, I haven't tried WOT yet. I cannot thank Ryan enough for what he does! Hopefully I can learn how to get into this tuning stuff so I can mess around with it one day.

Danno
08-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Hopefully I can learn how to get into this tuning stuff so I can mess around with it one day.

OH GOD PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jester:

KotaRT
08-20-2013, 01:10 PM
OH GOD PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jester:

lol wut?

bro all u hve to do is plug ur pcm up to a calculator, tuning is e - z.