PDA

View Full Version : Appradio 3

jj malone
08-09-2013, 02:24 AM
My app radio 3 is really cool , but it can't delete posts?

Steve '02CC
08-19-2013, 12:30 AM
That's a Crutchfield exclusive isn't it? I looked at the older Pioneer Appradio last year, and it seemed like a nice player, but I settled on the sister series AVH 8200BH:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/Scuba_Steve1974/My%20Dakota%20Pics/IMG_2259_zpscd63acc5.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/Scuba_Steve1974/media/My%20Dakota%20Pics/IMG_2259_zpscd63acc5.jpg.html)

This is a great solid player and I'm sure yours is built the same way. I wanted more of an independent unit and the Appradio is too dependent upon a smartphone. With mine I connect 2 UBS flashdrives and I'm good to go, but definitely limiting the potential of a doubledin. With Appradio I would constantly be at the mercy of remembering my phone and compatibility with phone updates. Mine has smartphone connectivity and was released when the iPhone 4S was Apple's latest. When iPhone 5 and iOS 6.0 were released, I heard that the unit had issues with iOS and users had to wait for an update. I'm confident the same nonsense will happen with iOS 7 and/or another Android OS update.

The great thing about using a truly basic storage medium for my music, i.e. flash drives, is that I probably won't have to worry about this.

Cma91
10-28-2013, 04:01 AM
jj, do you have a pic of your radio installed?

2k1AmberR/T
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
What exactly did you have to modify to fit the double din?

Steve '02CC
10-29-2013, 03:19 PM
What exactly did you have to modify to fit the double din?

On the redesigned dash that the '02 has there is a lot of space behind the plastic bezel, but the height is about a half inch too tight. In a nutshell, along the top where the radio fits there is a metal piece of the dash framework that I had to take a grinder to and shave that amount off. Then I made new brackets to hold it onto the existing mounts. After that I rough fit the radio in, covered it in plastic, cut a hole in the dash bezel, put the bezel back on, and carefully filled in the space with a bondo & fiberglass resin mixture. Took it off and sanded it down to look nice.