PDA

View Full Version : The tunes are made with bits of real panther, so you know they're good

BlakDak71
07-27-2013, 05:59 AM
Backstory

Had Hemifever for when I had bolt ons as well as heads/cam combo. Kept his services for when I put the Kenne Bell on my truck. Got this done last fall, took it to the track one time - ran 13.3 @ 102. Great, I was happy. Put the truck up for the winter.

Got the truck out this spring and realized that on the street, it wasn't really driveable. I was two-footing it at every stop light or sign, constantly having to catch the truck before it died. Was very rich at idle...as well as everywhere. While WOT performance was good, I felt there was more in it. Was also was ready to start spraying methanol. Was told that the tune that was in the truck "should be good enough to spray methanol with." This sounded fishy, and I knew that especially on a forced induction setup "good enough" doesn't cut it, so I switched services.

Holy fucking Santa Claus shit, I don't regret it.

Upon talking with Ryan extensively before we even started tuning, he explained to me that the 1998 5.2 5 speeds were finicky, and he had never done a setup such as mine before. Before he had even received a dime from me, he got the details from me and was already working on a setup for me. As soon as the money went through, I had a tune waiting in my inbox. Upon initial startup the idle quality was already better than what was previously in the truck. We focused on part throttle and street driveability for the first few tunes. I was amazed at the difference...when not in boost it drives like a truck that is stock. You can't even tell how radically it's been modified. After the 3rd revision, my handheld took a shit, and would not accept updates from my computer. This was shortly after the 9550 had been discontinued by SCT. I had a deadline I wanted to meet for an event at the drag strip - Ryan went out of his way extensively to make sure that I would receive a new handheld prior to the event so we could wrap up tuning and get it going. He even went to the point of purchasing a used handheld and overnighted it to me. Alas, this handheld was out of PCM changes, so all his troubles were for nothing. I sent my hand held as well as the one he sent me to him so he could hash it out with SCT and get it taken care of.

Fast forward a few weeks, I was still without a handheld. This was not Ryan's fault at all, although apologies were thorough. I had another very special event coming up at the beginning of this month and I emphasized that I HAD to have a handheld by this or I was going to start investigating other options (such as standalone). I don't know how he did it, but somehow Ryan pulled one out of his ass and got me a NEW handheld (not refurb'd) because I was not going to get my original one back in time. I still don't know how he was able to do this. The customer service alone was worth the money I put into this. There have been other set backs along the way, such as his laptop taking a dump on him as well as personal illness, and my wideband O2 flaking out on me. Long story short, it's been an adventure with many setbacks that neither one of us could control. Both of us understood this, but Ryan still went very far out of his way to make sure that I was satisfied and the truck was ready to rock.

Tonight, we were finally able to get some solid tuning in for the first time. It's incredible, the truck drives like a completely stock truck....until you open up the throttle. Then it's an animal. It's basically just tire smoke everywhere. Fuel economy is up, power is up...the exhaust note even sounds different. At idle, it's very smooth and crisp. There's no two footing, no black smoke at start up, and it doesn't smell like it's pouring raw fuel out the exhaust anymore. Can't wait to get this thing to the track and see what it does!

Thanks Ryan!

y2krtaf
07-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Great to hear!

Cheezie
07-27-2013, 08:14 AM
That sounds about right! Glad yall are getting it worked out!

fastestbrickonearth
07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Stings the nostrils!

RTchas
07-27-2013, 01:25 PM
" Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair"

Duner
07-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Awesome!

FlyinRyan
07-28-2013, 02:16 PM
" Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair"

That's the smell of desire, mi'lady. ;)

Thanks Greg!

darkenedrt
07-28-2013, 03:09 PM
That's awesome! Ryan seems like a straight-up dude! My business will definitely be going to him

"They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time."

Cheezie
07-28-2013, 03:30 PM
That's the smell of desire, mi'lady. ;)

Thanks Greg!

:lol2:

Danno
07-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Meh "WHY?" code syndrome :jester:

Great to hear Greg! Im glad that you guys are getting it sorted so well. No wonder you didn't want to talk, too damn busy havin fun driving that thing finally :)

blackknight
07-28-2013, 07:29 PM
:biggthumpup: im having the same issues with Ryan, havnt gotten any $$ out to him yet and hes already sent me my first tune, im having a couple of issues where i went out to log again and my sd card is not opening up as logworks, but it already runs better a little on the rich side but none the less alot better response!

Five9Dak
07-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Ryan went out of his way to get me a working handheld as well.

Kotta390
07-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Backstory

Had Hemifever for when I had bolt ons as well as heads/cam combo. Kept his services for when I put the Kenne Bell on my truck. Got this done last fall, took it to the track one time - ran 13.3 @ 102. Great, I was happy. Put the truck up for the winter.

Got the truck out this spring and realized that on the street, it wasn't really driveable. I was two-footing it at every stop light or sign, constantly having to catch the truck before it died. Was very rich at idle...as well as everywhere. While WOT performance was good, I felt there was more in it. Was also was ready to start spraying methanol. Was told that the tune that was in the truck "should be good enough to spray methanol with." This sounded fishy, and I knew that especially on a forced induction setup "good enough" doesn't cut it, so I switched services.

Holy fucking Santa Claus shit, I don't regret it.

Upon talking with Ryan extensively before we even started tuning, he explained to me that the 1998 5.2 5 speeds were finicky, and he had never done a setup such as mine before. Before he had even received a dime from me, he got the details from me and was already working on a setup for me. As soon as the money went through, I had a tune waiting in my inbox. Upon initial startup the idle quality was already better than what was previously in the truck. We focused on part throttle and street driveability for the first few tunes. I was amazed at the difference...when not in boost it drives like a truck that is stock. You can't even tell how radically it's been modified. After the 3rd revision, my handheld took a shit, and would not accept updates from my computer. This was shortly after the 9550 had been discontinued by SCT. I had a deadline I wanted to meet for an event at the drag strip - Ryan went out of his way extensively to make sure that I would receive a new handheld prior to the event so we could wrap up tuning and get it going. He even went to the point of purchasing a used handheld and overnighted it to me. Alas, this handheld was out of PCM changes, so all his troubles were for nothing. I sent my hand held as well as the one he sent me to him so he could hash it out with SCT and get it taken care of.

Fast forward a few weeks, I was still without a handheld. This was not Ryan's fault at all, although apologies were thorough. I had another very special event coming up at the beginning of this month and I emphasized that I HAD to have a handheld by this or I was going to start investigating other options (such as standalone). I don't know how he did it, but somehow Ryan pulled one out of his ass and got me a NEW handheld (not refurb'd) because I was not going to get my original one back in time. I still don't know how he was able to do this. The customer service alone was worth the money I put into this. There have been other set backs along the way, such as his laptop taking a dump on him as well as personal illness, and my wideband O2 flaking out on me. Long story short, it's been an adventure with many setbacks that neither one of us could control. Both of us understood this, but Ryan still went very far out of his way to make sure that I was satisfied and the truck was ready to rock.

Tonight, we were finally able to get some solid tuning in for the first time. It's incredible, the truck drives like a completely stock truck....until you open up the throttle. Then it's an animal. It's basically just tire smoke everywhere. Fuel economy is up, power is up...the exhaust note even sounds different. At idle, it's very smooth and crisp. There's no two footing, no black smoke at start up, and it doesn't smell like it's pouring raw fuel out the exhaust anymore. Can't wait to get this thing to the track and see what it does!

Thanks Ryan!

Because "Why" code FTW :)

Glad it worked out for you bro.:biggthumpup:

HARSH-R/T
07-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Lol, LOVE the anchorman quotes! And I'm very happy to see many others appreciate what Ryan does. He has gone out of his way to help me with my tuning troubles since I did the swap that couldn't be done, ataboi RY!

PS - "it's sooo hot....... Milk was BAD choice!"

BlakDak71
08-11-2013, 04:49 AM
Tune revisions keep coming and power keeps climbing...

Danno
08-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Power with a "Why?" code? Meh... :finger:

Glad to hear it Greg! :biggthumpup:

BlakDak71
09-04-2013, 05:45 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/SBR_ET/IMG_20130903_235007_808_zpsac237825.jpg (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/SBR_ET/media/IMG_20130903_235007_808_zpsac237825.jpg.html)

Not bad for a supercharged small block.

blackknight
09-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Whats that?:lol2:

Danno
09-04-2013, 02:28 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/SBR_ET/IMG_20130903_235007_808_zpsac237825.jpg (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/SBR_ET/media/IMG_20130903_235007_808_zpsac237825.jpg.html)

Remove the 1 and thats what my new truck is getting without a Ryan tune and no MSD :( No MSD dropped my mileage around town by 2 mpg for some reason :idunno:

KotaRT
09-05-2013, 10:57 AM

I hate you. I get half that, at best...lol

Corey
09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I am averaging 14 mpg on the highway at a constant 75 mph.

FlyinRyan
09-20-2013, 04:26 AM
I am averaging 14 mpg on the highway at a constant 75 mph.

Sounds like a personal problem. :jester:

coolwind2003a
09-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Well it really makes me feel good to see what good people are getting from Ryan as we have just started on my 1999 5.2 4x4 Dakota & its at 14.1 on 89 pump gas with not ethenol on short trips to work in traffic ! This makes me rethink my actions before this is a great place Thank you all Greg In Alabama OLD JERKY MAN LMAO