PDA

View Full Version : The best subwoofers and box?

Jackson17
07-10-2013, 01:05 AM
My r/t needs bass and I wasn't really wanting to do a compact sub and amp combination like a see a lot of people doing with a regular cab, I was wondering if anybody is using two boxes behind the seats and an amp and if so what brands. And also what we speakers sizes for the front two and the ones behind the seats. My stock infinity sound system is getting pretty bad. Thank you for the help if you help me. :r/t smile:

JonRT
07-14-2013, 05:44 PM
As far as subs go I have this one behind the drivers seat in a homemade mdf sub box and it hits pretty hard. Most people only go up to 10 inch subs but I don't like anything below 12. This is a really good shallow mount sub but it is very hard to fit a 12 inch sub in a regular cab. For amps I can't really comment because I've only ever owned one and its just okay. My amp just sits behind the middle seat in my truck, if you have only an armrest then I don't know if an amp will fit there. Two 12 inch subs would sound amazing but behind the passengers seat is a car jack that I wouldn't want to remove but if you want to toss it then you could have two subs.
Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-SW3001S4 12-Inch Shallow Step Up S4 Subwoofer: Car Electronics

KyleDedrick
07-28-2013, 02:33 PM
I have 2 12inch kicker cvt's subs in boxes In my regular cab with a kicker kx550.3 amp.....honestly, more the enough man haha also with kicker ks650.2 front components

Cma91
08-24-2013, 05:17 AM
I have a single 12 inch JL 12w6v2 sub in my dd (not the rt) in a sealed box with a 1400w monoblock JL amp and it produces some crazy bass for a single woofer. I would highly recommend one. I had 2 10" JBLs and wanted more bass also tried 2 12" kickers (I don't remember the model name). the JL out preforms them all hands down.

Cheezie
08-24-2013, 11:28 PM
American Bass..... Image Dynamics.... Crossfire Audio.... PSI.... SKAR Audio....
Alpine Type R....

any sub from those brands or line will make you waaaaaay happier than any Kicker... and just about every other brand also... but remember... you get what you pay for... and the install is what makes the build... box size, type, port design shape and size.... ohm.... amp... wiring... rcas.... lol. It can get really expensive

a77cj7
08-27-2013, 04:48 AM
Kicker CompVR's aren't bad for the price. You are sacrificing some sq for volume though.

Alpine type r's are a wonderful sub for the price, a good mix of sq and spl.

Image Dynamics IDQ v3's are my personal favorites, made in the USA before the company was sold/taken over. They are still in stock many places. I haven't heard the v4's yet, and won't due to my personal issues with the current owners of the company, but they are probably good speakers as well.

As previously stated, install is as important or more important than the woofer. However, in a single cab behind the seat, you're probably gonna want a smallish sealed box. Otherwise, you're gonna give up a lot of seat room. Pay attention to the depth of the subwoofer, and remember, it will need some space in front of the cone also. Some subs are designed to use smaller box volumes also, and you'll want to look for that as well.

Chris