PDA

View Full Version : Worst TUNE EVER!!!

nitewonder
07-08-2013, 09:59 PM
So someone on here suggested me you get my truck tuned by air ram performance man name Ryan, and so I contacted them and there tuned contacted me back and asked me what was done with my rt and I told him. Then he tells me he has a tune for my truck to get it running and drivable so I can get the motor broken in. So and hour later he sends me a tune threw the email and I download it and install it in my SCT and I went out and programmed it into my rt and once I fired up my truck the rt wouldnt run it missed and shut off. So I contacted the tuner and asked wtf he keeps telling me that there something wrong with my truck and its not his tune. I told him it is he tune and he keeps telling me its not its something with your truck. So I was pissed off and I went back to my email account and looked on the bottom of the page the Tuner wrote "Have fun, dont be surprised if the truck freaks out at first, it will settle down. This is a tune from a '98 RT with a RT+10 cam, 1.7 rockers, M1 manifold, plus full bolt ons". Then I even more pissed my truck is a 99 with just a cam in stock motor nothing else. So someone explain to me how the fuck can his tune he send me work in my truck??? I deserve a Refund but Air Ram performance said we dont get refunds. I was at the point that I was going to sell the truck but my wife got me to change my mind. But Sir Ryan called me and said he would make a deal he would give me a full refund if i sent him my SCT scanner for a refund. Im like are you crazy that I bought that scanner for more that what your tune was.

But anyways.... That will be the last time I ever use Air Ram Performance!

I took my rt over to Sound Performance I had them look over the whole truck then found nothing except for the SHITTY tune I got from AIR RAM PERFORMANCE was the WHOLE problem wrong with my truck, so I was at Sound Performance for 2hours they dyno tuned my truck and sent me on my way the truck runs great and hasnt had a problem.

moparsz
07-08-2013, 10:07 PM
You're the first person that I've heard of that has ever had a problem with a tune from Ryan. Many people on here are tuned by him as well as myself and he's does a great job at it. I'm glad I decided to go with Ryan over Hemifever

lunchbox
07-08-2013, 10:13 PM
you're the first person that i've heard of that has ever had a problem with a tune from ryan. Many people on here are tuned by him as well as myself and he's does a great job at it. I'm glad i decided to go with ryan over hemifever

amen!!

bluebeast
07-08-2013, 10:20 PM
amen!!

off topic but where did you get a blue r/t emblem?

Danno
07-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Interesting.

So you put a cam in an otherwise completely stock RT, and expect the tuner to nail it on the first try? By email with no datalogging?

FWIW, The cam and injector style/brand/size are the two most important things about the tunes from what I have been able to determine. So if incorrect info ( which is easy to do! I have done it.. ) is given, they can only be so good as the info recieved. The tuners are relying on you to give them accurate info, not just guess.

Full disclosure, Ryan tunes my wifes 98 RT with stock heads and a cam ( with ALL of the other bolt ons too ) and after a couple of mis-steps because of faulty injector data ( MY Fault for giving him wrong info ) he basically nailed the tune on the first true try.

I am not the only one with this story. Something tells me there is more here than you are telling us....

I am glad that you were able to get your truck running though! :biggthumpup:

That is always good. You might strongly consider doing some supporting mods to that motor, because the cam is usually one of the last places to go looking for power in these motors. You are leaving alot on the table with that combo if it is as you say it is.

So someone on here suggested me you get my truck tuned by air ram performance man name Ryan, and so I contacted them and there tuned contacted me back and asked me what was done with my rt and I told him. Then he tells me he has a tune for my truck to get it running and drivable so I can get the motor broken in. So and hour later he sends me a tune threw the email and I download it and install it in my SCT and I went out and programmed it into my rt and once I fired up my truck the rt wouldnt run it missed and shut off. So I contacted the tuner and asked wtf he keeps telling me that there something wrong with my truck and its not his tune. I told him it is he tune and he keeps telling me its not its something with your truck. So I was pissed off and I went back to my email account and looked on the bottom of the page the Tuner wrote "Have fun, dont be surprised if the truck freaks out at first, it will settle down. This is a tune from a '98 RT with a RT+10 cam, 1.7 rockers, M1 manifold, plus full bolt ons". Then I even more pissed my truck is a 99 with just a cam in stock motor nothing else. So someone explain to me how the fuck can his tune he send me work in my truck??? I deserve a Refund but Air Ram performance said we dont get refunds. I was at the point that I was going to sell the truck but my wife got me to change my mind. But Sir Ryan called me and said he would make a deal he would give me a full refund if i sent him my SCT scanner for a refund. Im like are you crazy that I bought that scanner for more that what your tune was.

I took my rt over to Sound Performance I had them look over the whole truck then found nothing except for the SHITTY tune I got from AIR RAM PERFORMANCE was the WHOLE problem wrong with my truck, so I was at Sound Performance for 2hours they dyno tuned my truck and sent me on my way the truck runs great and hasnt had a problem.

Adobedude
07-08-2013, 10:25 PM

I'll read you post when you actually take the time to make it "readable".

Friggin' R/T
07-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Guys I think you are confused. This is NOT. A flyin ryan tune. This is a "ryan Dom air ram performance" tune

User
07-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Out of curiosity, what size cam did you put in the truck?

nitewonder
07-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Yes I know you have to data-loge, but how can you data loge when the tune you get shipped to doesnt even work and the truck miss-fires and dies? On top of it all I receive a tune made for a different year truck with a shit load of mods, and that suppose to work?

nitewonder
07-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Out of curiosity, what size cam did you put in the truck?

crane cam 264/274, 112 lope, 480 lift, baby cam

Danno
07-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Guys I think you are confused. This is NOT. A flyin ryan tune. This is a "ryan Dom air ram performance" tune

Airram IS Flyin Ryan.

nitewonder
07-08-2013, 10:38 PM
I'll read you post when you actually take the time to make it "readable".

Sorry im on my phone its not the best.

Friggin' R/T
07-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Airram IS Flyin Ryan.

I thought they were 2 different people. My bad lol

Danno
07-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes I know you have to data-loge, but how can you data loge when the tune you get shipped to doesnt even work and the truck miss-fires and dies? On top of it all I receive a tune made for a different year truck with a shit load of mods, and that suppose to work?

98 and 99 are basically identical. I can flip PCM's between my 98 and 99 RT's with no issues.

Cam and idle vacuum ( Which is what the cam determines ) are going to be the biggest contributing factors to your initial startup tune. That and injector data.

FWIW thats not too baby of a cam, and WAY bigger than I would ever recommend for a stock intake/heads combo. that equates out to about a 224/232 @ .050 cam. Duration and overlap cause the most issues.

Like I said, glad you got it dialed in with the dyno tune. But tearing Ryan apart because the first tune didnt "work" and he probably wanted you to verify some things for him before he tweaked it, is hardly fair IMO. The email tune is a process, not something that can happen instantly.

Anyway, my previous post stands, that is NOT a baby cam, and you are leaving all sorts of everything on the table with that combo.

Danno
07-08-2013, 10:46 PM
I thought they were 2 different people. My bad lol

Well to be more accurate, Ryan tunes for Airram.. but he does all of their Mopar stuffs and I believe Fords too ( could be wrong on that )

wyotech_cuda440
07-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Given the OPs history around here, I like where this thread is headed.

BTW, aren't cops supposed to have the ability to write in a correct and professional manner? Isn't literacy a job requirement? Who mis-spells "log" twice in one sentence? Its three freakin letters :dumbass234:

Danno
07-08-2013, 10:55 PM

I hope he never "logs" my speed then... DOH!

What past history? You have me curious....

wyotech_cuda440
07-08-2013, 10:57 PM
I hope he never "logs" my speed then... DOH!

What past history? You have me curious....

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18537

Danno
07-08-2013, 11:08 PM
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18537

WOW.

Thats all I have.

After that, no point in saying a word. Its already been said.

skunkxracing
07-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Wow OP, just wow.

Danno
07-08-2013, 11:20 PM

BTW, aren't cops supposed to have the ability to write in a correct and professional manner? Isn't literacy a job requirement? Who mis-spells "log" twice in one sentence? Its three freakin letters :dumbass234:

Oh and Garrett?

3 is a big number to some people. They look at one hand, say "one", look at the other, say "two" then they look back and forth between them like a sitting cat tracking a fly thats zipping around in the air and say "uuuhhhh"

:jester:

moparsz
07-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Like I said, glad you got it dialed in with the dyno tune. But tearing Ryan apart because the first tune didnt "work" and he probably wanted you to verify some things for him before he tweaked it, is hardly fair IMO. The email tune is a process, not something that can happen instantly.
my 4.7 has more stuff done to it than he's done on other's and it took I think 18 tunes to get it down real good and to see what works the best on my truck. the first 5-6 were just to get the fuel trims set before he would have me go WOT. It just takes time and what works on one truck doesn't always mean it will work on another truck

nevr2fast01
07-08-2013, 11:43 PM
He tuned my turbo 4 cylinder from SCRATCH!!
I think someone R/T'd in his donuts

lunchbox
07-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Well hate to burst bubbles here I have sent Ryan 32 loggs and he also has started from scratch with my truck which has a built 408.
Ryan has sent me 15 files of tuning since we first started. Now the truck is as quick as the 12.6 pass with out the nitrous.
We have yet to spray! But OMG when it is time!!:burnout:

nevr2fast01
07-09-2013, 01:23 AM
So hows the truck run with weak ass valve springs and everything choking everything out? Someone needs to :rtfm:

Five9Dak
07-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Report the bad tune to Jesus. He'll take the wheel from there.

Dzt01rt
07-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Who the hell gave this guy a gun?
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Tuning is a continuous process that takes time. Two tunes are not going to get you where you want to be. Your Cam is sketchy on those stock valve springs.

RTchas
07-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Consider the source folk's, "nothing to see here move along"

BryanRT360
07-09-2013, 02:14 AM

:biggthumpup:

RTchas
07-09-2013, 02:17 AM
:fml:Thats it, Im reporting this whole thread to the owner!!!!

bluebeast
07-09-2013, 02:22 AM
I think I hear a baby crying, do some data logging and get some read outs and email them to Ryan. You never can get a tune correct in the first shot. Tuning is careful process.

Wait he spent more money at dyno shop. What did it make the same horsepower as stock!

White Turbo
07-09-2013, 03:19 AM

That's what Jesus would do
BECAUSE: Cares

wyotech_cuda440
07-09-2013, 03:36 AM

ROFLMAO :roflmao:

skunkxracing
07-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Carrie Underwood - Jesus, Take The Wheel - YouTube

Cheezie
07-09-2013, 04:12 AM
He tuned my turbo 4 cylinder from SCRATCH!!
I think someone R/T'd in his donuts

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Broo42
07-09-2013, 08:53 AM
I think Ryan has sent me 17 files, basically from scratch WITHOUT data logging. And come to find out, I gave him the wrong injector info. Even with that, there has been such a vast improvement in power AND mpg since I brought the truck home. Patience is a virtue, my friend! So change your manpon give the guy a chance.

SShiTbox
07-09-2013, 11:21 AM
And this thread has turned into a good thing. Glad I've been talking to Ryan about tuning the SShiTbox. Seems like a lot of happy people but I expected that. Ryan's a good dude.

rjtx667
07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Ryan has taken my truck from Sean's "as good as we can do" tune to an amazing setup.

My engine is not a "normal 408", but its not a normal truck either. All that being said, there were lots of doubters about my engines abilities here and other places. moving a "box on wheels" full size SUV with "not launch friendly tires" 14.669 @ 93.16MPH with DA over 3000 is impressive for a very mild 408.

Ryan is the only one who will touch my tunes from now on.

Adobedude
07-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Take control of your life and kiss the email tunes good bye fo eva.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26909

Connery23
07-10-2013, 01:32 AM
I think I hear a baby crying, do some data logging and get some read outs and email them to Ryan. You never can get a tune correct in the first shot. Tuning is careful process.

Wait he spent more money at dyno shop. What did it make the same horsepower as stock!

I think your still a little butt hurt with the OP, why don't you two get it over with and make up. Or get another thread moved to flame wars :biggthumpup:

Five9Dak
07-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Take control of your life and kiss the email tunes good bye fo eva.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26909

www.diyautotune.com :jester:

bluebeast
07-11-2013, 03:00 AM
I disappear for a day or 2 and this topic is still active damn!

SB440R/T
07-11-2013, 05:23 AM
I disappear for a day or 2 and this topic is still active damn!

World goes on without you, amazing isn't?

Steve '02CC
07-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Sorry im on my phone its not the best.

So let me get this straight; you had a problem with Ryan's tune that angered you to such a degree that decided the best, and most effective, way to criticize this well-respected member of the list was to....

... write a rambling incoherent tirade
.... on a public forum
..... from a phone

:laughat:

Kotta390
07-11-2013, 01:06 PM
So let me get this straight; you had a problem with Ryan's tune that angered you to such a degree that decided the best, and most effective, way to criticize this well-respected member of the list was to....

... write a rambling incoherent tirade
.... on a public forum
..... from a phone

:laughat:

Hugh Jassole
07-11-2013, 01:43 PM
another fine product of the Texas school system. To quote Richard Rollins(Fast & Loud), "How's it feel to be stupid ?"

Danno
07-11-2013, 02:45 PM
LOL, instigator ! You can't fix stupid :biggthumpup:

YES YOU CAN!

Take ALL the warning labels off of stuff. That would be a HUGE first step. That would re-instate natural selection.... Hell the carnage in the first week alone would provide Darwin awards for years to come!!!

Hugh Jassole
07-11-2013, 02:54 PM
YES YOU CAN!

Take ALL the warning labels off of stuff. That would be a HUGE first step. That would re-instate natural selection.... Hell the carnage in the first week alone would provide Darwin awards for years to come!!!

I suppose, but think of all the useless litigation that would result. No Bueno. Besides, the monkey in the pic said all that needs to be said :biggthumpup:

Danno
07-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I suppose, but think of all the useless litigation that would result. No Bueno. Besides, the monkey in the pic said all that needs to be said :biggthumpup:

Well the warning lables couldnt go without first removing all the lawyers :)

And yeah, the monkey in the pic is more eloquent than the monkey that told ya to fuckoff.. :lol2:

Duner
07-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Well the warning lables couldnt go without first removing all the lawyers :)

And yeah, the monkey in the pic is more eloquent than the monkey that told ya to fuckoff.. :lol2:

Where do I sign THAT petition! :biggthumpup:

Please?

Danno
07-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Where do I sign THAT petition! :biggthumpup:

Please?

First,

You need to fill out this small legal form stating that you are who you are.

Second, we need 10 pieces of legal valid ID stating that you are who you are.

3rd, we will need a legally notorized authorization from your Dr. stating that you are in fact in full command of your faculties.

With all of that, we would gladly let you sign this petition

Hugh Jassole
07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
First,

3rd, we will need a legally notorized authorization from your Dr. stating that you are in fact in full command of your faculties.

With all of that, we would gladly let you sign this petition

That'll never happen. This is DUNER afterall. LOL

Duner
07-11-2013, 07:34 PM
that'll never happen. This is duner afterall. Lol

ouch!

Hugh Jassole
07-11-2013, 08:00 PM
just messin', you know we all love you buddy (in a non-homo way)

Danno
07-11-2013, 08:11 PM
That'll never happen. This is DUNER afterall. LOL

Shit.. good point.

Duner my friend, you are screwed. Sorry :idunno:

Kotta390
07-11-2013, 08:25 PM
another fine product of the Texas school system. To quote Richard Rollins(Fast & Loud), "How's it feel to be stupid ?"

Because all Texas school produce dumb asses? :nono:

User
07-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Wooo, woooooo, wooooooooo. NO YOU JUST DIDENT! Us here Texas schools dun did dar job son!

Hugh Jassole
07-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Because all Texas school produce dumb asses? :nono:

Apologies to you and User and anyone else from Texas. I really just meant that guy and that statement was far too broad. You guys more than make up for him.

Kotta390
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Apologies to you and User and anyone else from Texas. I really just meant that guy and that statement was far too broad. You guys more than make up for him.

:biggthumpup:

FlyinRyan
07-17-2013, 02:38 PM
I know this thread has already run its course, but now that I am back to being on the forum (personal health/laptop problems) , I would like to address this thread.

I was contacted by the OP to write a tune. I was told the truck had a 218/224 cam (A cam I've tuned for, several times) and bolt-ons, and what sounded like stock injectors. No problem. I whipped up a tune that I deemed would be an OK baseline (My main criteria when selecting a base tune is idle vacuum/cam specs, and injector type/flowrate).

The OP had made it clear that both the stock PCM and the mopar PCM left his truck undrivable. I sent him a tune indicating that I suspect something was amiss (as a 218/224 cam should run on a Mopar PCM, albeit with misfires).

Thinking that I had a tune that should run acceptably well on the combination I was told (now that the OP has indicated he gave me the wrong cam specs in his own posts) , I sent a file that had closed loop enabled. This was a mistake.

The OP responded back saying the truck ran better overall but still had issues. I asked all the usual troubleshooting questions. Idle vacuum, LTFTs, fuel sync. The fuel sync was indicated to be +4 to +6, however other questions were ignored repeatedly.

The OP indicated he was frustrated, and told me he was done with the truck for the night.

The next day, I received an email from Nick (Air Ram) indicating that a Paypal claim was filed. There was absolutely no notice, no reason given, nothing. When I confronted the OP about the Paypal claim, the reasoning given was that he just lost his job and "needed to save his house". I have text record proof of all of this, BTW. This Paypal claim was denied.

To prevent this from happening in the future, datalogging is mandatory on all custom tunes. Nevermind the fact that no revisions were sent, never mind that I was given the wrong cam specs, it's somehow my fault. LOL

BlakDak71
07-17-2013, 02:43 PM
This is THAT guy?!

Cheezie
07-17-2013, 04:43 PM
I know this thread has already run its course, but now that I am back to being on the forum (personal health/laptop problems) , I would like to address this thread.

I was contacted by the OP to write a tune. I was told the truck had a 218/224 cam (A cam I've tuned for, several times) and bolt-ons, and what sounded like stock injectors. No problem. I whipped up a tune that I deemed would be an OK baseline (My main criteria when selecting a base tune is idle vacuum/cam specs, and injector type/flowrate).

The OP had made it clear that both the stock PCM and the mopar PCM left his truck undrivable. I sent him a tune indicating that I suspect something was amiss (as a 218/224 cam should run on a Mopar PCM, albeit with misfires).

Thinking that I had a tune that should run acceptably well on the combination I was told (now that the OP has indicated he gave me the wrong cam specs in his own posts) , I sent a file that had closed loop enabled. This was a mistake.

The OP responded back saying the truck ran better overall but still had issues. I asked all the usual troubleshooting questions. Idle vacuum, LTFTs, fuel sync. The fuel sync was indicated to be +4 to +6, however other questions were ignored repeatedly.

The OP indicated he was frustrated, and told me he was done with the truck for the night.

The next day, I received an email from Nick (Air Ram) indicating that a Paypal claim was filed. There was absolutely no notice, no reason given, nothing. When I confronted the OP about the Paypal claim, the reasoning given was that he just lost his job and "needed to save his house". I have text record proof of all of this, BTW. This Paypal claim was denied.

To prevent this from happening in the future, datalogging is mandatory on all custom tunes. Nevermind the fact that no revisions were sent, never mind that I was given the wrong cam specs, it's somehow my fault. LOL

That sounds quite a bit more believable than what he indicated in the first thread.

I dont believe many here were believing all of what he said anyway. Seemed like the ramblings of someone who just got dropped their lollipop In the mud. :jester:

White Turbo
07-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Anyone's tune is only as good as the data they recieve from the customer.

Garbage In = Garbage Out.

You can't tune someone's truck with bad or missing info.
The OP needs to realize this.

SShiTbox
07-18-2013, 02:01 AM

Thanks for the explanation but it wasn't really needed. We all gathered that something wasn't right in the OPs first post. Carry on with your day and just forget this guy.

Oh and expect mid August to receive a text to get this started.

00DakFlameRT
07-18-2013, 02:31 PM
I guess he got tired of realizing nobody wants to hear a pig bitch.

Duner
07-18-2013, 04:27 PM

Yeah, don't sweat it at all. Pretty much everybody that read the thread knows that your tune will only be as good as the info you started with.

The original post is about like somebody bitching because they got the wrong distributor for their '77 Camaro after they told the parts guy at the counter they had a '64 Mustang.

You mean they aren't all the same? :idunno:

Danno
07-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, don't sweat it at all. Pretty much everybody that read the thread knows that your tune will only be as good as the info you started with.

The original post is about like somebody bitching because they got the wrong distributor for their '77 Camaro after they told the parts guy at the counter they had a '64 Mustang.

You mean they aren't all the same? :idunno:

ROFLMAO!!

Yeah, Ive had almost that exact thing happen to me ...... It DOES happen, people are that stupid. And getting worse... lol

Lonesoldier79
07-18-2013, 06:17 PM
LMFAO!!!! this is the best thread I've read on here yet........ If you put BS on the forum especially something that could damage a vendors high reputation for what they do, you will be called out immediately lol What a tool.....:ownd:

Steve '02CC
07-19-2013, 05:49 AM
LMFAO!!!! this is the best thread I've read on here yet........ If you put BS on the forum especially something that could damage a vendors high reputation for what they do, you will be called out immediately lol What a tool.....:ownd:

The only good thing about this thread is that early on I learned that he was a cop, and then later learned that he lost his job. From what I read he is not the kind of person I would want enforcing the law.

Saleen4971
07-21-2013, 09:34 AM
this thread is awesome.

Slow RT
07-22-2013, 04:35 AM
The original post is about like somebody bitching because they got the wrong distributor for their '77 Camaro after they told the parts guy at the counter they had a '64 mustang

Happens on a daily basis at the zone. I get customers all the time that have no idea what year or model their vehicle is, it becomes a guessing game, they buy the wrong shit, next day they come in and bitch about it not being the same part and now somehow they magically have the correct info and try to make us parts guys out to be the dumbasses thinking we won't remember them or something. Fucking idiots. Sorry for the frustrated autozone employee rant :jester: