PDA

View Full Version : Lederip Back up and Running

Lederip
08-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks for everyones help loading my broken truck back onto the trailer.
I run a billet MSD distributor with an adapt-a-cap.
Pulled the distributor cap and saw that a phillips screw had come loose and caused the rotor to go out of phase (firing on the wrong cylinder). Re timed everything and it started right up.

Ken

PeteRT
08-17-2008, 03:20 PM
whew, thats a relief!!

Lederip
08-17-2008, 03:38 PM
whew, thats a relief!!

Thanks Pete, How was the boat ride home?

First thing I did was pull the plugs (Thanks Ohio Rich). When they were ok, I felt a lot better. When I did the compression test, and removed the valve cover and all looked good I slept a lot better:D

The motor is three years old and has over 50, 11sec passes and now a few 10sec passes.

Racing next week in the NMCA True street class. Its a fun race and I'm going try a 11sec index, heads up race with no breakout.

PeteRT
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
yep, boat ride went fine. the whole trip was good for me... im thinking about doing some T&T today, lol.
pete

uwntsumrtII
08-17-2008, 06:13 PM
glad to hear it wan't anything major, Ken. good luck next week. give me a call later this week. i'll be part of your pit crew for ya.

uwntsumrtII
08-17-2008, 06:13 PM
yep, boat ride went fine. the whole trip was good for me... im thinking about doing some T&T today, lol.
pete

did we spark some new life in that truck :jester:

PeteRT
08-18-2008, 02:07 AM
did we spark some new life in that truck :jester:

ya... it became fun again for a week, lol. im gonna come out to woodward again next year. it's gonna be a couple years before the nats (if ever) comes back to the midwest.... i figure woodward is a close 2nd or tie for 1st.
pete

uwntsumrtII
08-18-2008, 03:55 AM
ya... it became fun again for a week, lol. im gonna come out to woodward again next year. it's gonna be a couple years before the nats (if ever) comes back to the midwest.... i figure woodward is a close 2nd or tie for 1st.
pete

yeah, Woodward is well worth the trip :woot:

Rick Adams
08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
pete

Hey, no more "hide & seek" games, you almost won that one! :jester:

NH_TAZ
08-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for everyones help loading my broken truck back onto the trailer.
I run a billet MSD distributor with an adapt-a-cap.
Pulled the distributor cap and saw that a phillips screw had come loose and caused the rotor to go out of phase (firing on the wrong cylinder). Re timed everything and it started right up.

Ken

Good to hear that it wasn't serious Ken. That truck of yours is insane.

RagingRedR/T
08-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Up and running already? You waste no time! Beautiful setup you have there- I'm just glad I got to see it in person.

Heavy D
08-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey ken, glad it was something simple. It was great to see your truck in person. And to see you race in the 10's.