PDA

View Full Version : Austin - LineX / Mechanic

Axiom
05-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Few weeks ago some guy offered me $75 for my drop in bed liner. I hated the damn thing and how much it rattled so I accepted. Now I have a bare bed with a ton of scratches and bare spots that I'd like to cover up. I figured LineX was my best option but I hear there are a lot of crappy places out there that don't do a very good job and the liner doesn't last.

That being said. Anyone know of any reputable LineX shops in the North Austin area?

While we're at it. There any good mechanics in the North Austin area that have experience with these trucks? I'd like to find someone to handle the jobs I'm not equipped for without having to wonder if the know the in's and out's of these things.

Thanks!

Kotta390
05-31-2013, 11:03 PM
Few weeks ago some guy offered me $75 for my drop in bed liner. I hated the damn thing and how much it rattled so I accepted. Now I have a bare bed with a ton of scratches and bare spots that I'd like to cover up. I figured LineX was my best option but I hear there are a lot of crappy places out there that don't do a very good job and the liner doesn't last.

That being said. Anyone know of any reputable LineX shops in the North Austin area?

While we're at it. There any good mechanics in the North Austin area that have experience with these trucks? I'd like to find someone to handle the jobs I'm not equipped for without having to wonder if the know the in's and out's of these things.

Thanks!

What are you trying to do mechanically?

Axiom
06-01-2013, 12:28 AM
What are you trying to do mechanically?

Nothing at the moment. Just wondering as I'm sure something will come up in the future.

Kotta390
06-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Nothing at the moment. Just wondering as I'm sure something will come up in the future.

Well if no one comes up with anything and you need some mods done or some help I can always assist with that. Of course I am 1.5 hours from you so I will let you make that call.

dakfink
06-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Try Marble Falls. There are 2-3 Truck Customizers there. Also make sure you get the warranty for Line-X in writing. I think they do come with written warranty. Check their website.

Far as anyone that knows the Ins & Outs of these trucks GOOD luck!!!

All I have seen or found around us is Dealerships and a few questionable Diesel Shops.

There really is no after market performance shops in the area for much of anything. None specialized in anything!!

There used to be 1 Viper shop in Austin but even they moved up North somewhere.

Axiom
06-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Well if no one comes up with anything and you need some mods done or some help I can always assist with that. Of course I am 1.5 hours from you so I will let you make that call.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Try Marble Falls. There are 2-3 Truck Customizers there. Also make sure you get the warranty for Line-X in writing. I think they do come with written warranty. Check their website.

Far as anyone that knows the Ins & Outs of these trucks GOOD luck!!!

All I have seen or found around us is Dealerships and a few questionable Diesel Shops.

There really is no after market performance shops in the area for much of anything. None specialized in anything!!

There used to be 1 Viper shop in Austin but even they moved up North somewhere.
Well that sucks. I'll have to go the trial and error route it seems. Thanks for the info.

jjones
06-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Not North Austin, but not too much past Downtown, Texas Truck and Trailer is a Line X dealer and has done 3 work trucks for us. Very good work and pretty reasonable on prices.
Any mechanical work or question you can hit me up any time. If I can't answer you , I got a R/T friend in Leander that probably can.
-Josh

Axiom
06-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Not North Austin, but not too much past Downtown, Texas Truck and Trailer is a Line X dealer and has done 3 work trucks for us. Very good work and pretty reasonable on prices.
Any mechanical work or question you can hit me up any time. If I can't answer you , I got a R/T friend in Leander that probably can.
-Josh

I'll check them out. Thanks.

Thanks for your offer. I'll keep it in mind. Who's your friend in Leander? I'm in Leander. Right on old 2243 and Bagdad.

jjones
06-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Shit your in Leander. He's just north of you off 183 just south of 29. Do you know about Cars and Coffee there in downtown Leander every first Sunday of the month? Right by you.

Axiom
06-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Shit your in Leander. He's just north of you off 183 just south of 29. Do you know about Cars and Coffee there in downtown Leander every first Sunday of the month? Right by you.

Oh he's maybe 10 minutes from me then.

Cars and Coffee? Never heard of it.

jjones
06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Well mark down July 7th and head to the fire station in downtown Leander about 11:30am and you'll be surprised at the "little Sunday morning car show". Its quite impressive.

Axiom
06-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Well mark down July 7th and head to the fire station in downtown Leander about 11:30am and you'll be surprised at the "little Sunday morning car show". Its quite impressive.

Any R/T guys show up?

jjones
06-03-2013, 10:00 PM
There's a good Mopar following but not too many Dakotas. Mine and Gilbert's (the one north of you) and an occasional black single cab but that's about it on Dakotas.
Also Saturday evenings south of you at 183 and 1431 there is a good parking lot crowd from 7ish till 10 or later.

Axiom
06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
There's a good Mopar following but not too many Dakotas. Mine and Gilbert's (the one north of you) and an occasional black single cab but that's about it on Dakotas.
Also Saturday evenings south of you at 183 and 1431 there is a good parking lot crowd from 7ish till 10 or later.

Sounds cool. I'll have to check it out. :drtc_logo001:

Axiom
06-14-2013, 04:48 AM
So I ended up going with Central Texas Line-X in Round Rock. Very happy with the results. I went with black, under the rails. Very clean, straight lines. The price was very reasonable as well. I would definitely go back if I need something else sprayed.

1995dak
06-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Glad to hear it. I will need to get mine done at some point to so I will most likely use them. :biggthumpup:

Axiom
06-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Glad to hear it. I will need to get mine done at some point to so I will most likely use them. :biggthumpup:

Sweet deal. The place is a little hard to find. They work out of the Autocrafters Collision Repair facility. The owners truck is the only thing that mentions Line-X.