PDA

View Full Version : LM2 users ... questions

meangreen
05-15-2013, 02:40 AM
How do you guys like it? Can you log spark advance with it? How many OBD2 signals can be used at once and how clean is the data? Right now I have an LM1 which I am very happy with, but I am wanting to log spark and to a lesser extent fuel trims?

Alternatively, anyone know a way to log spark advance as a 0-5V analog signal?

ScojoDak
05-15-2013, 03:09 AM
I monitor/log RPM/MAP/AFR. Got clean data from those three choices. I thought I saw timing too. I'm told If too many signals are used (more than four), it'll hiccup on you.

PeteRT
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM
It's a lot more fun to use with my other/newer cars. I just use it for A/F and RPM on the R/T (hardwired). I can't get it to talk to my PCM for longer than a few seconds for some reason through the ODB port.

moparsz
05-29-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't have a problem with it. It has probably 75+ options you can log, but only 16 at 1 time. Its plenty that flyinryan my tuner needs for SCT

meangreen
05-29-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't have a problem with it. It has probably 75+ options you can log, but only 16 at 1 time. Its plenty that flyinryan my tuner needs for SCT

What parameters do you log? Spark advance? Would you mind letting me see one of your logs so I can decide if I wanna get one. LM-1 works perfect, but I want spark advance!!!

meangreen
05-29-2013, 09:25 PM
It's a lot more fun to use with my other/newer cars. I just use it for A/F and RPM on the R/T (hardwired). I can't get it to talk to my PCM for longer than a few seconds for some reason through the ODB port.

What year is your truck?

User
05-29-2013, 10:05 PM

This is a firmware issue on the LM2. You might need to update the firmware on the device to fix this "bug" I had the same issue.

wyotech_cuda440
05-29-2013, 10:11 PM

Your pcm is a whole nother animal. JTEC pcms will start lagging if you try to log anywhere near 16 channels.

moparsz
05-30-2013, 01:44 AM
Your pcm is a whole nother animal. JTEC pcms will start lagging if you try to log anywhere near 16 channels.
You're correct. I have a/f, rpm, iat, map, fuel trim 1 and 2 recording

PeteRT
05-30-2013, 07:02 PM
This is a firmware issue on the LM2. You might need to update the firmware on the device to fix this "bug" I had the same issue.

hmm. i thought i tried that a year or two ago. I'll look again- thanks

Axiom
06-02-2013, 03:26 PM
You're correct. I have a/f, rpm, iat, map, fuel trim 1 and 2 recording

Ryan tunes mine as well. I log all of that plus ECT for him.

moparsz
06-02-2013, 06:09 PM
I forgot about that one too

rjtx667
06-07-2013, 02:32 PM

I have a OT-2 that I had this issue with, the OT-2 has an option for the monitored item's priority (normal or low). If I try to use the low priority it looses communication with the computer, but if I set them all to normal it works just fine.

Might check your settings?:idunno:

steelhorse5778
06-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Mine does the same thing. Innovate said it is a timing issue but they need a truck with the problem to fix it. any chance you are in Cali?

steelhorse5778
06-08-2013, 04:14 PM

Try the update. if it doesn't work then we need to get a truck that has this problem to Innovate so that they can fix it. Mine is a '99 with security and i was going to try a different PCM if I can ever find one thats good.

meangreen
06-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Sounds like I may stick with my trusty LM-1 for now. Analog never has any issue communicating. Spark advance logging be damned....

steelhorse5778
06-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Well the LM-2 has analog inputs as well. May even be the same plug