PDA

View Full Version : 2003 RC flame Red 18K Miles

03dakrt
04-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Always wanted a track car and I think I am ready to sell my truck. I have owned it since day one and now it has around 18,000 miles. Extremely clean, considered by many to be one of if not the cleanest R/T in the country. has been garage kept its entire life and was daily driven for only one year.

Just finishing up a second motor build after a local tuner blew up my first 402 about 2 years ago. Fresh build is again a 402 with machine work and short block build done by Arrow Racing Engines. http://www.arrowracingengines.com/

Parts list.
Scat 4 inch cast crank
Scat forged I-Beams
Forged Mahle Pistons
11:1 CR
ARP Fasteners
Southeast 8qt oil pan with high flow oil pump
As Cast Eddies, engine shop freshened them up with new guides and seals
New Mopar lifters
Hydraulic roller cam (can't think of specs)
Crane gold rockers 1.6:1
M-1 4BBL with 55MM F&B TB
Spintech Headers and full 3inch tru-duals exiting before axle
SCT PRP, going to have HemiFever do a baseline tune to start it on
Innovate Motorsports handheld OBD2 data logger with wideband
G-Tech EGS tach see link http://www.gtechpro.com/egs.html
30lb injectors
Powdercoated valve covers, intake manifold, timing cover, front upper and lower A-arms, diff cover, trans pan, oil pan, miscelanious brackets and hold downs,
SRT-10 style hood
Western chassis lower A-arms and rear hangers
QA-1 adjustable shocks on all 4 corners
Extra capacity trans pan and rear diff cover
A/C is off of truck, but I have all needed parts

I have reciepts for everything I have done to this truck over its entire life. Will need nothing except a good home.

KBB says $11K for excelent. Would I be crazy to ask $15K for this with a brand new motor and extremely clean truck?

Sorry don't have pics on my work computer so have link to my drag truck site. Do not pay attention to the mod list as it is inaccurate.

http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/B6NDB44R2UD2.html

SinCity R/T
04-29-2013, 04:22 PM
KBB says $11K for excelent. Would I be crazy to ask $15K for this with a brand new motor and extremely clean truck?

I don't think you're crazy to believe that your R/T should be worth at least KBB plus a few g's for the low miles and list of mods it has... but the odds of finding someone willing to spend $15k on almost any R/T are slim to none.

My 03 CC R/T was in the same situation was yours - freshly built stroker, low miles, and even more mods... I couldn't find anyone to pay even $11k for it. I ended up selling it to someone local for $9500 minus the wheels/tonneau/skirts, which were sold separately.

Kotta390
04-29-2013, 04:56 PM
That is a clean truck! How is the streetability on it and how was it tuned? Any dyno numbers? Gears? Stall? Transmission built? This could be a nice truck to drive around on the weekend and enjoy for sure.

03dakrt
04-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Motor is pretty much finished just need to put the intake on and put it back in the truck. I figure it will take me a month to do everything to get it back on the street.

I have the SCT Pro racer package and will include it with the truck. I planned on having a local guy do the tuning but he blew up my first motor so I am going to have Hemifever do a mailorder tune for the time being until I decide what I want to do.

Driveability should be good as a I did a 112LSA on purpose.

Stock trans and rear.

03dakrt
04-30-2013, 12:18 AM
I don't think you're crazy to believe that your R/T should be worth at least KBB plus a few g's for the low miles and list of mods it has... but the odds of finding someone willing to spend $15k on almost any R/T are slim to none.

My 03 CC R/T was in the same situation was yours - freshly built stroker, low miles, and even more mods... I couldn't find anyone to pay even $11k for it. I ended up selling it to someone local for $9500 minus the wheels/tonneau/skirts, which were sold separately.

Gross :(. To be onest if it took me a yaer to find someone who saw some value in it I could wait.

I want a C5 Z06 so bad :)

Rick Adams
04-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Gross :(. To be onest if it took me a yaer to find someone who saw some value in it I could wait.

I want a C5 Z06 so bad :)

Hate to see you let it go Dave.... It's a beautiful R/T!!!

03dakrt
04-30-2013, 01:03 AM
We will see what happens but the track car bug is bugging me and you can pickup a 01-04 c5 Z06 with 50K miles for 18-20K.